ೃ⁀➷xiv. ʜɪᴅɪɴɢ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅ

_________________________

(Y/N) RECOVERED HER consciousness soon, still Steve seemed a little too concerned about her well being. He wanted her to lean on him if he ever spotted some discomfort on her. Though this action warmed (Y/N)'s heart, it seemed like an overreaction.

The trio wanted to lay low, knowing fully well that everyone they trusted was now turned against them, so Steve confided into his newest friend, the man from the park.

Steve knocked on the back door, and Sam answered immediately, his face turning into a frown when he noticed the state of the people in front of him.

"Hey, man," Sam said casually.

"I'm sorry about this. We need a place to lay low," Steve sighed.

"Everyone we know is trying to kill us," Natasha continued.

"That's one way to put it, but yeah," (Y/N) added.

"Not everyone," Sam said, and he moved to the side to let them inside before closing the door and the blinds.

————————-

NATASHA WAS THE first one to take a shower, followed by (Y/N) and Steve. Once she was done, Natasha immediately left the room in order to help Sam with breakfast, leaving the other two behind in the room.

(Y/N) was too busy drying her hair with a towel that she didn't notice Steve opening the bathroom door, leaning against the frame to watch her actions.

"You okay?" Steve's voice knocked her from her thoughts.

She looked up and saw Steve with a white tank top, holding a towel in his hands. (Y/N) tried on not to focus on his marked arms and his messy blond hair as she answered his question.

"Yeah," she answered.

Steve didn't buy her answer, so he sat right across from her. "What's wrong?"

"When I first joined S.H.I.E.L.D. I thought I was finally doing something right. But I guess I just traded in the KGB for HYDRA."

Steve glanced at her, nodding at (Y/N) to continue.

"You asked me when will I ever stop lying," (Y/N) swallowed. "All my childhood I've been filled with lies that I got tired of being the one receiving them."

"There's a chance you might be in the wrong business." Steve said.

(Y/N) let out a dry laugh, making Steve smile too.

"I owe you," she said.

Steve shook his head. "Don't worry about it."

"If it was the other way around, and it was down on me to save your life, would you trust me to do it?"

Steve locked eyes with her. "I would. And I'm always honest."

(Y/N) rolled her eyes. "And there's the Steve I know. You never fail to surprise me."

"I could say the same thing about you," Steve replied.

"Natasha and I made breakfast," Sam entered the room. "If you guys eat that sort of thing."

—————————

"SO THE QUESTION IS," Natasha said once the four of them are breakfast and sat on the living room. "Who at S.H.I.E.L.D could launch a domestic missile attack?"

"Pierce," Steve decided.

"Who happens to be sitting on top of the most secure building in the world," (Y/N) stated.

"Zola's algorithm was on the Lemurian Star." Steve added.

"So was Jasper Sitwell," Natasha said.

"So, the real question is, how do the three most wanted people in Washington kidnap a S.H.I.E.L.D officer in broad daylight?" Steve asked.

Sam walked towards them with a file on his hand. "The answer is, you don't."

He dropped it on the table in front of Steve, who looked at him in confusion. "What's this?"

"Call it a resume." Sam answered.

(Y/N) and Natasha approached the table and grabbed the file from the table.

"Is this Bakhmala?" Natasha asked. "The Khalid Khandil mission, that was you?"

"You didn't say he was a Pararescue." (Y/N) handed a picture to Steve.

"Is this Riley?" Steve turned to Sam.

"Yeah." he replied.

"I heard they couldn't bring in the choppers because of the RPG's," Natasha said. "What did you use? A stealth chute?"

"No," Sam shook his head, grabbing the file and handing it to Steve. "These."

Steve looked up after reading. "I thought you said you were a pilot."

"I never said pilot," Sam smirked.

"I can't ask you to do this, Sam. You got out for a good reason," Steve said.

"Dude, Captain America needs my help. There's no better reason to get back in." Sam insisted.

Steve nodded. "Where can we get our hands on one of these things?"

"The last one is at Fort Meade. Behind three guarded gates and a 12-inch steel wall." Sam answered.

Steve looked at (Y/N) and Natasha to see if they approved, and they only shrugged in response.

"Shouldn't be a problem."