ೃ⁀➷xxxviii. ɴᴇᴡ ʀᴇᴄʀᴜɪᴛ

≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

STEVE SOMEHOW managed to get in contact with Sharon during the whole fugitive plan and convinced her to bring his shield and the rest of the equipment back. He parked the VW beetle in a hidden part of an airport parking lot and got off the car to meet up with Sharon.

(Y/N) sat on the back of the car with Bucky after Sam argued about being in the back stuck with each other, earning the copilot seat as they waited for Steve inside the marine blue car.

"Not sure you understand the concept of a getaway car," Sharon spoke up as she reached to the trunk of her car.

"It's low profile," Steve said.

"Good, because this stuff tends to draw a crowd," Sharon opened the trunk and on the inside was all of their gear.

"Can you move your seat up?" Bucky suddenly asked, his gaze forward as he looked at Sam.

"No," Sam deadpanned.

(Y/N) rolled her eyes. "You guys are grown up men, stop it."

They both looked ready to argue with her, but Bucky and Sam were silenced with (Y/N)'s serious glare, making them back down from an argument.

"I owe you again." Steve's voice cut in from outside as he was talking with Sharon.

(Y/N) shifted uncomfortably on her seat and her attention suddenly was fixed on her nails, trying hard into not letting the negative thoughts tun through her head.

"You're jealous." Bucky announced.

(Y/N) looked at him in surprise. "I am not."

"You are so. It's so obvious." Sam's expression turned into a smirk.

"You're the worst, you know that?" (Y/N) shook her head. "Whatever. I trust him."

"Mmm-hmm," Sam tried hard to suppress his teasing smirk from showing.

"Keeping a list." Sharon replied to Steve's remark. "You know, he kinda tried to kill me."

(Y/N) saw the way Sharon's glances changed through the course of the conversation and was digging her nails onto her skin to hide the nerves from popping out. Not taking it anymore, she left the car and shut the door behind her carefully.

Steve turned over to look at the cause of the noise and his gaze softened when he saw (Y/N) making her way towards him as she straightened her jacket.