ೃ⁀➷lvi. ᴄᴏғғᴇᴇ ᴄʜᴀᴛs

2019 📍FAIRBURN, GEORGIA ≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

2019
📍FAIRBURN, GEORGIA
≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

"YOU SEEM GLOOMY, WHAT'S UP?"

Tony asked the question as he directed his attention to the cup of coffee in front of him, stirring it with one hand as the other played drums on the edge of the table, waiting for the woman across him to answer.

It had been one year after that day, and (Y/N) found herself sitting in the backyard of the cozy Stark cabin, which Tony had invited her for a cup of coffee every weekend they had the chance. It was weird at first to accept the offer, considering the gruesome fight him and Steve had all those years ago, but the latter insisted that he didn't mind.

(Y/N) fixed her gaze on the man in front of her. "You know what."

Tony winced. "Still no word on Vision's body?"

She shook her head. "Unfortunately, no. It's starting to get on my nerves."

He was about to interfere, offering some of his help when (Y/N) beat him to it, interrupting with her loud rant.

"I already contacted Okoye, asking if she had seen anything about it, but she denied everything. I searched in every single organization that's still functioning. But there's nothing. Absolutely nothing."

"And I already told you I'll help you in that. Get some rest before you turn into a raging monster."

It was weird to hear him say those words, especially since he was usually the one missing his sleeping schedule and having her scolding him for it, those days being left behind the moment she stopped living in the compound.

(Y/N) took a deep breath. "I can't."

"Why are you so desperate? I get it, he was our friend, but — "

"Because I feel like I owe it to Wanda," she confessed, leaning back on her chair. "I want to at least make sure that he gets a proper funeral, the one he deserves, since his sacrifice was in vain."

Tony hummed in reply, his eyes drifting off as he got stuck in his own memories. "I get that. I still keep everything from the kid intact, you know. Feels like the right thing to do."

(Y/N) nodded and took the hot coffee mug from her hand up to her lips, thinking of what to say next to reassure him, but as always, Tony wasn't much of a sentimental person.

"Alright, enough of emotional stuff," he shrugged it off, and she resisted the urge to roll her eyes. "Pepper asked me to do this today since she knew I'll somehow forget."

"What is it?"

"You know how close she is to giving birth, right?" Tony began.

It was true, Tony and Pepper were expecting a baby close to this date. It was surprising at first, but she was truly happy for them. They had gone through it all, they deserved to settle down and start their own family.

"Yes, still can't believe that you're going to be a dad, though," (Y/N) teased. "Is she giving you 12% of the credit?"

"Very funny," Tony scoffed. "But we just wanted to ask you, if it's no bother. . ."

"If you'd like to be Morgan's godmother?"

(Y/N) paused and searched for any type of humor in his voice, wanting to confirm if he was saying it seriously or if he was joking around. When he saw how slightly nervous he looked, she was sure he was truly asking her the question.

"Really? You want me to do it?"

"Yeah, I was as surprised as you are — "

(Y/N) rolled her eyes at his statement, a hint of a smile forming in her face. She was still processing the question in her head, thinking for the answer.

"So, what do you say?"

"I'll love to!" she exclaimed. "My, that girl isn't even born and I already want to put her against you."

"I won't allow that! Not before I do it to yours too," Tony crossed his arms, but instantly regretting it when he saw how her face dropped.

(Y/N) avoided his eyes and focused her attention to her mug on the table, blaming herself for ruining the mood of the conversation.

"Listen, I've meaning to ask," Tony spoke up. "What's going on with you and Capsicle?"

"What do you mean?"

"You know what I mean," he replied. "The engagement and all that. When is it happening?"

"Oh, that," (Y/N) looked back down at her hands. "We both decided to put a stop on the original plan, you know, since all of this. Neither of us can find ourselves getting married with our friends being gone. It seems. . .wrong in some way."

"Understandable," Tony nodded. "But you're just stopping there? No forming a family?"

(Y/N) exhaled a long breath. "Tony, can we not — "

"I just want to help, that's all. It may seem like a good idea if you consider it," he followed on. "Deep down, I know you thought about it too."

(Y/N) considered for a moment. "I'm not sure."

"At least talk to him about it," he suggested, and she still couldn't believe she was receiving serious advice from the most non-serious person she'd ever met. "You adopt a child and I become the godfather, easy as that."

"Right, easy as that," she mocked, sarcasm in her tone.