ೃ⁀➷xi. sᴏᴍᴇᴛʜɪɴɢ ɪs ᴡʀᴏɴɢ

_______________________

NATASHA THOUGHT IT was a good idea to visit the hospital once again during the day, which lead them to find something of extreme value hidden in the vending machine.

Suddenly, (Y/N) took notice of a tall figure with a hood over their head approaching the vending machine, she immediately knew who it was and why was he here.

Natasha and (Y/N) waisted no time in approaching him from behind, and Natasha popped on her chewing gum loudly to alert him of their presence while (Y/N) came into view from the glass of the machine.

"Sorry, sir. They ran out of gum," she said sarcastically.

Steve turned around slowly, facing the both women before he grabbed each one of their arms and pulled them into a spare room. He pushed (Y/N) to the wall, pulling the hood off his head.

"Hey — " Natasha was about to interfere.

"Where is it?" Steve questioned.

"Safe." Natasha answered.

"Do better." he hissed.

"Where did you find it?" (Y/N) asked.

"Why would I tell you?" Steve fumed.

"Fury gave it to you. Why?" Natasha said.

"What's on it?" Steve continued, his anger growing by second.

"I don't know." (Y/N) replied honestly.

"Would you stop lying?" Steve snapped.

"I only pretend like I know everything, Captain."

Steve paused for a second, looking behind him to make sure no one else was listening to their conversation. Natasha's frown only deepened.

"I bet you knew Fury hired the pirates, didn't you?" Steve spoke up.

Natasha and (Y/N) glanced at each other.

"Well, it makes sense. The ship was dirty, Fury needed a way in, so do you." Natasha said.

"I'm not gonna ask you again."

"We know who killed Fury," Natasha began. "Most of the intelligence community doesn't believe he exists. The ones that do call him the Winter Soldier. He's credited with over two dozen assassinations in the last 50 years."

"So he's a ghost story," Steve said.

(Y/N) looked over at Natasha, who nodded at her to continue.

"Not too long ago, I was told to escort a technician scientist out of Turkey. Somebody sabotaged my jet engine near Manbij. I managed to get us out before it exploded. But the Winter Soldier was there. I was protecting the scientist so he shot her — "

(Y/N) used her hand to move her shirt from her right shoulder to show Steve the scar of a bullet wound.

"— straight through me."

Steve's breath caught when he saw the scar, but didn't say anything, he just glanced at her to continue.

"Soviet slug. No rifling. Bye-bye to tank tops."

"Yeah, I bet you look terrible in them now." Steve replied.

(Y/N) shot him a smirk while Natasha frowned at his words before she continued on explaining.

"Going after him is a dead end. I know, we've tried," she said, and pulled out the drive from her pocket. "Like you said, he's a ghost story."

Steve grabbed it from her hand. "Well, let's find out what the ghost wants."

had to change dialogue since i wanted (y/n) to have a backstory with the winter soldier for future preferences

had to change dialogue since i wanted (y/n) to have a backstory with the winter soldier for future preferences. :))