ೃ⁀➷xl. ᴏɴᴇ ʟᴀsᴛ ᴡᴏʀᴅ

≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

(Y/N) SNUCK INTO the hospital after she heard about what happened to Rhodey right after the fight; and to say she was worried and anxious of facing Tony again was an understatement. She wasn't going to leave without speaking to him.

She knocked on the door and he whirled around at the sound, his eyes widening as his expresión was mixed with anger, confusion and a hint of relief.

"The doctors say he shattered L4 through S1," Tony explained. "Extreme laceration to the spinal cord. Probably looking at some form of paralysis."

(Y/N) searched for the right words. "Steve's not stopping and I know that you aren't either, so Rhodey's gonna be the best case scenario."

"You sided with them, (Y/N)."

"And you played all of this wrong."

"'You'?" Tony let out an emotionless laugh. "Boy, it must be hard to shake the double agent thing, huh? It sticks with the DNA."

"This is supposed to be a team, Tony. A family. What ever happened to that?"

"Ask your boyfriend."

"Of course," (Y/N) shook her head. "You are so incapable of letting go of your ego for even a second."

"T'Challa told Ross what Natasha did and that you've disappeared, so, they're coming for her and you."

"Tell them to kiss my ass and leave me alone."

≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

WITH A HOODIE over her head to cover her face from any security cameras around the store, (Y/N) carefully walked to a public phone booth and dialed a number she hadn't called in a long time.

"Hello?" a masculine voice called through the phone and (Y/N) sighed in relief at hearing it.

"Barrett, I need your help," (Y/N) answered back and she could hear the faint sigh coming from the other side of the phone.

"Tell me what else is new," Barrett replied with a sarcastic tone. "Now, what do you need? What mess did you get yourself involved."

"You say that like it's a regular thing now," (Y/N) said as she checked her surroundings to make sure no one was listening to her conversation.

"I mean, you are an Avenger — "

"I need a fake ID," (Y/N) interrupted. "Make something up, please. It's urgent."

"You wouldn't be calling if it wasn't urgent."

"Dario," (Y/N) sighed. "I know this came out of nowhere but — "

"I'll do it," Dario replied. "Don't worry yourself. It's not like it's the first time you come and ask for help."

"True, but thank you," (Y/N) said. "I owe you."

"Nah, don't worry about it," Dario said. "It doesn't matter if the fake name sounds ridiculous, right?"

"Uh, no?" (Y/N) scratched her head and frowned in confusion at the statement, not knowing why he said that.

"It's just that Mason's helping me out. He has a similar request."

"Just make sure it sounds realistic, please," (Y/N) begged. "Not like last time."

"Sure, I'll write that down," Dario responded. "Need anything else?"

"Book me a flight to France."

adding unanswered topics of the first book

adding unanswered topics of the first book. hopefully you understand what comes next.

-see you soon, bex