ೃ⁀➷ix. ᴛʜᴇ ᴍɪssɪᴏɴ

📍WASHINGTON, D

📍WASHINGTON, D.C. 2014
____________________

TWO YEARS had passed after the Battle of New York, and to say that (Y/N) got to see her teammates more was an understatement. Nick Fury had brought her and Natasha back to the S.H.I.E.L.D headquarters located in Washington, D.C. along with Steve, so they got to work on many missions together.

(Y/N) and Steve kept the promise on working on a list of things he had missed while being under the ice, and they got to spend many days together because of that, sometimes even calling Natasha in since she complained about being left out.

They had made a list and scratch all of the things that Steve had already listened, saw and read about. (Y/N) did the honor of presenting him to Queen, the Beatles and even the book series of Harry Potter, which Steve was oddly interested about.

So, on one calm and peaceful morning, (Y/N) stayed home on her small apartment, until she received a message from Natasha, informing her of the newest mission they had. Sighing, (Y/N) got her bag ready and met Natasha outside of her apartment complex.

"Is that my jacket?" was the first thing Natasha said when (Y/N) got inside the car.

"No, I bought this a year ago," (Y/N) defended, but it was certainly Natasha's jacket, she just didn't want her to find out.

"Looks very alike though," Natasha continued teasing.

"Don't we have to pick up Steve, we can talk about this later," (Y/N) shrugged it off.

Natasha laughed but didn't continue the conversation, and they both drove away to pick up Steve from the park where he did his usual morning runs (which (Y/N) always teased him about).

They spotted Steve standing by some trees, talking to a man (Y/N) didn't recognize, but it seemed like they were really enjoying each other's company. Natasha parked the car and honked the horn, rolling up the window.

"Hey fellas," Natasha said.

"Get in, loser. We're going shopping," (Y/N) told Steve, who began walking towards the car.

"Hilarious," Steve said, opening the back door and climbing in.

The man from earlier crouched down to get a better look at both women and smirked. (Y/N) smirked back and winked at him.

"How you doing?" the man said.

"Hey," Natasha and (Y/N) answered.

Steve turned to him. "Can't run everywhere."

"No, you can't," replied the man and they drove off.