ೃ⁀➷xvi. ᴛʜᴇ ᴡɪɴᴛᴇʀ sᴏʟᴅɪᴇʀ

___________________________

"HYDRA DOESN'T LIKE LEAKS," Sitwell said as all of them got inside Sam's car and began driving away.

Sam was driving and Steve was in the copilot seat while (Y/N), Natasha and Sitwell sat in the back, all pressed together because of the lack of space.

"Then why don't you try sticking a cork in it?" Sam replied.

"Insight's launching in 16 hours," Natasha informed.

"We're cutting it a little bit close here." (Y/N) said.

"I know," Steve said. "We'll use him to bypass the DNA scans and access to the helicarriers directly."

"What? Are you crazy? That is a terrible, terrible idea," Sitwell complained.

He wasn't able to finish his sentence, since a thud over the car interrupted him before his window broke, followed by a metal arm grabbing him by the shirt and pulling him out the window into the driveway.

Bullets were fired in the back of the car, so Natasha jumped over to Sam's lap as (Y/N) managed to get to Steve's side in time to protect his head from the bullets.

Sam hit the brakes, which caused the car to stop abruptly and making the figure on top of it loose their grip and fly forward, landing a few feet away from them.

All they could do is stare at the figure in front of them, which (Y/N) recognized immediately. It was the Winter Soldier.

Natasha pulled her gun out of her pocket, ready to fire it before a car crashed into them from behind and pushing their car closer to the Winter Soldier, who rolled off and landed once again on the top of the car.

Sam tried steading the car on the road, but he didn't have time to react to the soldier to rip the steering wheel of the car.

"Shit!" Sam screamed.

The car continued to be pushed on by the truck behind as it was trying to cause the car and the passengers.  the worst damage ever.

Steve grabbed onto his shield, his grip on (Y/N) tightened as he yelled, "Hang on!"

(Y/N) held out her hand to Natasha, who was already grabbing onto Sam before Steve broke his door and pulled them all out of it, sliding away from the car.

Sam had rolled off the door and laid on one side of the road as Steve, (Y/N) and Natasha stood up from it, watching how the Winter Soldier unloaded a gun that was handed to him and aimed it at them.

Steve immediately pushed the girls away from him, receiving the impact with his shield that caused him to be thrown back into a bus from under the bridge.

(Y/N) grabbed the gun she kept on her jacket and ducked behind a car to dodge the bullets that  men where firing at her, Natasha and Sam. She aimed a few shots at the Winter Soldier as she tried to run and get to Steve, but he was quicker.

He managed to get a closer shot to her with his fire gun, and the only way for her to escape from the impact was by jumping down the bridge, using her rope cable to land on the ground safely.

She took notice that Natasha jumped out of the bridge with the same using her own rope to get to the ground without getting injured. (Y/N) and Natasha locked eyes for a moment, having a plan gearing up in their heads. They have worked together for many years, they knew each other's moves like their own.

"I'll try to be his main target, try to distract him," (Y/N) told Natasha.

"Are you sure?" Natasha looked nervous.

"Yes, I got it covered. Now go!"

Already having the plan known by the other, Natasha moved on the side to fire her gun at the Winter Soldier from below while trying to buy (Y/N) time to run.

Her game was simple, she needed to play with him. (Y/N) wanted to make him frustrated. She already knew some of his moves, and she doubted he still remembered her own. She ran away while dodging bullets and tried to get out of his sight.

She hid behind a car and waited for her plan to work. She saw how he had paused in the middle of the road, and that's when (Y/N) realized that he had fallen under her trap.

Once an explosion boomed from where she had placed her main trap, she jumped from behind the car and wrapped her legs around his neck, one of her elbows pressing harshly on his head.

He stumbled back as he tried to get her off, in the end succeeding to push her away from him which caused her to crash against the side of a car. He raised his gun at her once again, but she threw an electrical disk at his metal arm.

This gave her enough time to run away, (Y/N) running in a straight line since she knew that if she ran in a zig zag way, it could get a civilian hurt.

"Get out of the way!" she yelled out.

(Y/N) tried to duck behind a car before a gunshot ringed in her ears, something burning in her stomach as she fell to her knees. She removed the hand out of her stomach and looked at the blood painting her hand and shirt.

She had been shot.

Not a second later, she noticed how the Winter Soldier jumped on the top of a car to get a clear shot at her, but Steve stepped into his view right on time.

"(Y/N)!" Natasha made her way to her, noticing how she flinched. "I knew this was a bad idea."

"Skip the scolding for later, please," (Y/N) panted as Natasha tried to cover the wound.

Natasha helped her up her feet and (Y/N) felt all her weight crashing down into Natasha as her knees felt weak. Natasha had already attempted to stop the bleeding, but she didn't have nothing in her hands to stop it.

The least they could do was to see how Steve was battling the Winter Soldier, him being pushed against cars and avoided getting hit by using his shield.

(Y/N) could only see how Steve managed to elbow the soldier in the face before throwing him back harshly, the mask coming right off.

She saw how the soldier stood up and faced back towards her and the others. His eyes were icy blue while a beard adorned the part of the face that was always covered. He returned the glare to Steve, which seemed to be frozen in his spot.

"Bucky?" Steve questioned.

"Who the hell is Bucky?" the man frowned, aiming his gun at Steve before Sam flew in from behind him and pushed him off his feet.

He stood up, his face showing confusion, ready to shoot at Steve once again before Natasha fired the gun he was using before, leaving (Y/N) to lean against a car.

Steve, startled by this turned behind him to look who had done it, and his expression changed completely into one of worry once he saw how pale (Y/N) looked.

Sirens wailing was what alerted the four of them, and (Y/N) saw how four black vans surrounded them and the STRIKE team approached them with their guns raised.

"Get down, get down!" Rumlow yelled. "Get on your knees!"

"Get down!" one man yelled at (Y/N) as he got closer to her, pointing his gun in the side of her head.

Another man approached her and placed handcuffs on her wrists and they didn't notice or care of the bleeding wound on (Y/N)'s side. She felt that she might pass out at any given moment.

The two men tugged on her arm and pulled her into one of the vans along with Sam, Natasha and Steve, all already in handcuffs too.