ೃ⁀➷lx. ᴛʜᴇ ᴠɪsɪᴛᴏʀ

2023≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

2023
≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

THE SOFT AIR of the Fall blew through the kitchen window without difficulty, it was an uncharacteristically warm day, and (Y/N) was glad to enjoy it. She watched Steve and the kids playing outside in the backyard with smiles on their faces as she fixed today's meal.

Once she was almost done, she washed her hands in the kitchen sink and made her way outside, the breeze embracing her like a blanket. She approached her family and got the chance to listen to whatever they were talking about, laughs filling the atmosphere.

Steve had Leo in his arms, lifting him above his head as he was flying as Nina stayed in the ground, chasing after them with a long piece of clothing wrapped around her figure.

"Hey, little rascals, what are you doing?" (Y/N) asked first, smiling at their actions.

"I have to save Leo from Daddy! He's a supervillain!" Nina answered.

"Oh, is he?" (Y/N) turned to look at Steve, who now placed Leo in his shoulders without any effort.

Steve nodded with a smile. "You could join too, if you want. We've always been a great team."

She returned the gesture, but shook her head. "Maybe next time, lunch is almost ready. Steve, would you be a darling and help me set up the table?"

"No problem," he said, carefully placing Leo back in the grass and walking back to the house, not before he placed a soft kiss on (Y/N)'s cheek.

(Y/N) turned to her children, who looked sort of disappointed of having to stop the game. She kneeled down to her level, and noticed that what they've been wearing above their own clothes.

Leo had a red blanket wrapped around his shoulders, probably pretending that it was a cape,  (Y/N) thought he looked adorable.

"You know, superheroes look better without the capes," (Y/N) suggested. "We heard that in a movie we saw."

"That's what I told him!" Nina agreed, and (Y/N) looked over at her, her eyes widening in surprise when she realized what she was wearing.

It was the military green vest that had been gifted to her and Natasha many years back, and (Y/N) had left it untouched ever since the Snap, not wanting to have any memory of it. She barely remembered that it was in her possession.

"Hey, where did you find this?" she asked, pointing over at the vest that Nina wore.

"Your closet," Nina replied with pride, offering a toothless smile.

"And why were you snooping through my closet, young lady?" (Y/N) raised an eyebrow.

Leo, who was standing behind her, hid a smile behind his hand, thinking that his sister was getting in trouble.