ೃ⁀➷ xxi. ᴘᴀʀᴛʏ ɢᴇᴛs ᴄʀᴀsʜᴇᴅ

≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

THE SATURDAY PARTY came up quicker that she thought. (Y/N) wasn't the biggest fan of attending this kind of parties, but she wanted to have fun with some of her friends.

She had styled her (h/c) hair in soft curls, using a flower pin covered in jewels to lock back the strands of her hair that covered her face. She picked a classic yet elegant dark red dress with an off-shoulder cut. Much to her dismay, she had to wear black high heels, which caused her to suit down every now and then to rest her feet.

She was now on one of those breaks, sitting on one of the bar stools while holding her bottle of beer, her feet were sore from standing on her heels for a long time from taking with Rhodey.

She brought the bottle of beer to her mouth and drank a little and she didn't notice the tall and broad figure approaching her seat. Her eyes lifted from the bottle to the figure, and she slightly choked on her drink by the sight.

Steve leaned with his elbow on the bar table, his bottle of beer in hand. His blond hair had a slight amount of gel to style it and the sleeves of his blue shirt were rolled up to his elbows.

"Why isn't a girl like you talking to any of those men out there?" Steve asked.

(Y/N) sighed and placed her bottle on the bar. "Not interested. Besides the fact that once I tell them my background, they run away like flies."

"Hmm," Steve nodded in agreement, his nerves growing by every minute.

As he waited for (Y/N) to continue talking, he grabbed his bottle and placed it on his lips.

"Also that I have eyes for someone else already," (Y/N) suddenly confessed.

This caused Steve to choke on his drink, cleaning   his face as he tried to regain his posture while he coughed. (Y/N) held back a laugh and smirked.

"W-Who?" Steve tried to ignore how nervous he sounded.

"Oh, how can I start," she began, leaning closer
to him. "Most of my friends fight for the glory. But then comes this man, spending his life saving others not because of the fame, but because he wants to."

Steve stayed quiet as he saw her leaning in closer like she was about to tell him a secret, a smirk adorning her face.

"He. . . he sounds like a great guy," Steve said.

"He's also like a lost puppy."

Steve shook his head and tried not to laugh.