ೃ⁀➷lxv. ᴡʜᴀᴛᴇᴠᴇʀ ɪᴛ ᴛᴀᴋᴇs

≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

THE TEAM walked over to the quantum tunnel, all of them wearing the advanced tech suit as they climbed up the stairs to get to the center. (Y/N) and Natasha had agreed to do each other's hair, both of them having their signature braids that slowly made its way down to their shoulders.

"Five years ago, we lost," Steve announced. "All of us. We lost friends. We lost family. We lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back."

Bruce stayed behind to turn the machine on, confirming that everything was ready before he joined the others in the circle.

"You know your teams. You know your missions. Get the stones. Get them back. One round-trip each. No mistakes. . .no do-overs," Steve continued. "Most of us are going somewhere we know. That doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful."

His eyes were glued on (Y/N) when he said the last sentence, one of his hands holding onto hers before turning back to the group.

"Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives, and we're gonna win," he said. "Whatever it takes."

"He's pretty good at that," Rocket spoke up first.

"Right?" Scott nodded in agreement.

"All right, you heard the man," Tony's voice boomed in the room. "Stroke those keys, Jolly Green."

"Trackers engaged," Bruce informed.

(Y/N) felt a tug in her interlocked hand and lifted her gaze to see Steve looking at her with a worried frown. He seemed too anxious, and all she could offer at the moment was press a soft kiss to his cheek.

"Promise me you'll come back to me," he said, mirroring his exact words from years ago.

(Y/N) gave him a reassuring smile. "I promise. The kids made me promise to come back home too."

He smiled at the mental image of that, though the frown hadn't left his features. Everything needed to go right, it had to. Or Steve wasn't sure what was going to happen if it didn't.

Bruce joined the group and pressed a button in his palm, which made the machine to let out a loud beep as Natasha braced herself from beside (Y/N).

"See you in a blink of an eye," she smirked.

The quantum tunnel lighted up, the familiar warm colors pulling her in with the rest of her team, taking them to their respective locations.

≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

📍MORAG, 2014

(Y/N) WOULD NEVER get used to being in a completely different planet, especially one that was supposedly abandoned ages ago. Her surroundings were quiet, rocks and small creatures being the only thing that gave it life.

Clint and (Y/N) were standing back while Rhodey and Natasha were helping Nebula with the spaceship, telling her where to land the ship and the small pod.

"Right on that line. That's it. Down, down," Rhodey guided.

Clint sighed. "Hey, can we hurry it up?"

"I agree. Chop-chop. Come on, we have a hurry," (Y/N) crossed her arms.

"Yeah, and your comments aren't going to help either," Natasha turned her head to look behind her.

(Y/N) huffed and rolled her eyes playfully as Clint stayed quiet, but both of them letting out a sigh of relief when they were finally done with landing the spaceship in the ground.

(Y/N) and Clint said their goodbyes to the remaining three, but (Y/N)'s farewell to Natasha was taking longer than expected.

"Come back in one piece, alright? I don't want to clean blood off the shared vest," Natasha said once they pulled away from each other.

"Love your worry for me," (Y/N) smiled.

"Okay, but seriously, get that stone and come back. I don't want you messing around," Natasha scolded in the same tone they used as children.

(Y/N) backed away from her and headed towards the spaceship, climbing up the latter of the ship as Clint followed behind her.

"You guys watch each other's six," Rhodey ordered, and the two nodded.

Natasha watched them as the rear hatch began to close in, her head screaming at her to do one last thing before it was too late. She whistled the long and soft tune she's too familiar with, and (Y/N) turned back to face her, recognizing the tune.

She whistled back before the rear hatch closed completely, a faint smile coming to her face as she realized what this meant. They were getting them back, they were getting her back.

Clint and her sat at the front seats of the ship, the coordinates to their destination already being laid in. The spaceship pulled them into the air, with strong force tugging them into a void of bright colors.

Clint chuckled from beside her. "We're a long way from Budapest."

i'm not ready

i'm not ready. and neither are you.
the references in this chapter are making me cry. i can't anymore.

-see you soon, bex