ೃ⁀➷lv. ᴛʜᴀɴᴏs's ɢᴀʀᴅᴇɴ

≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

BEING IN A spaceship was a whole different experience for (Y/N) , but it was easy to overcome her nerves. She and the rest of the team got inside the Benatar (which was the ship's name), and flew out of the planet's atmosphere and into the void of space.

"Okay," Rocket announced, turning back at the rest of the group, which stayed buckled in their seats. "Who here hasn't been to space?"

(Y/N), Natasha, Rhodey and Steve raised their hands in the air, some with frowns in their faces as the others stared at them with teasing looks.

"You better not throw up on my ship," the raccoon threatened.

"Approaching jump in three. . ." Nebula'a loud voice boomed through the ship. (Y/N) quickly moved to hold a tight grip on her seat.

"Two, one."

A strong force pulled them forward, and (Y/N) was able to see thousands of different shades of colors shed never expected to see in her life. In other circumstances, she would've been awestruck. It was a breathtaking sight.

The Benatar entered through an hexagonal shaped opening and slowed down on its course, stopping right above the planet they were searching for. The underneath part of the ship opened and out flew Carol, her suit glowing gold as turned behind her to look back at the ship.

"I'll head down for recon," she said over speakers, and then she thrusted her arms to her sides and flew over the planet.

(Y/N) got up from her seat and her eyes caught Steve looking down at his hands, a solemn look on his face as he fidgeted with them. She approached him silently, and carefully took one of his hands in hers to distract him.

"This is going to work, okay?" she reassured him, but it also seemed like she was reassuring herself too. She wasn't sure what was going to happen if it didn't.

"I know it will," he answered, his blue eyes moving to lock with her own. He took their interlocked hands to his lips and pressed a kiss in them. "'Cause I don't know what we're gonna do if it doesn't."

Carol flew back to the ship after that, the faint glow still being visible in the outline of her body, and she stopped right in front of the window to stare up at the group.

"No satellites. No ships. No armies. No ground defenses of any kind. It's just him."

"And that's enough."

≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

THE WOODEN CABIN stood quietly in the middle of a plain grass area, strange fruits and plants growing all around it as the mas titan collected some of his favorites into a bag, walking back to his shelter to prepare his meal for the day.

A strange sound from outside was what distracted him from his meal and he stared over the distance when a bright golden light shot directly at his face, causing a hole in the wall.

He tried to cover his already burned face from the glow but didn't get the chance to react when Carol flew right through the hole and charged right at him, choking him from behind as the Hulkbuster escaped from the ground and Rhodey flew in by the other side, both tugging Thanos's arms.

Thor flew in right after them and held his axe in his hand, slicing through Thanos's left arm, which held the burnt and golden gauntlet. All the titan could do is scream out in pain and groan.

Steve, (Y/N) and Natasha entered the wooden shelter calmly through the main entrance, approaching the scene as Rocket directed his attention on the gauntlet on the floor.

"Oh, no," he gasped.

(Y/N) looked down to see what had caused him to gasp and her own eyes widened when she saw that the gauntlet was empty. No sight of the six Infinity stones at all. All hope washed from her face as she turned to Natasha with a worried glance.

"Where are they?" Steve questioned.

Thanos groaned in response and the grip that Carol had on him tightened as she sneered in his ear. "Answer the question."

"The universe required correction," Thanos said. "After that, the stones served no purpose beyond temptation."

"You murdered trillions!" Bruce yelled and pushed him back angrily.

"You should be grateful," Thanos replied back.

Bruce grunted as he aimed a punch right at Thanos's face, throwing him back to the floor with a loud thud. The anger was evident on everyone's faces, but it showed more on Bruce's.

Natasha approached the titan with cloudy eyes."Where are the stones?"

"Gone. Reduced to atoms."

"You used them only two days ago!" (Y/N) snapped.

"I used the stones to destroy the stones," Thanos explained. "It nearly killed me. But the work is gone. It always will be. I am inevitable."

"We have to tear this place apart. He has to be lying!" Rhodey decided.

"My father is many things," Nebula spoke up. "A liar is not one of them."

Thanos's attention directed towards her voice, his eyes easily softening, but something else was hiding underneath them. "Ah. Thank you, daughter. Perhaps I treated you too harshly."

Thor grunted and raised the axe in his hand once again, this time slashing straight through Thanos's head, the purple blood of the titan spilling through the wooden floor.

"What?"

"What did you do?"

"I went for the head," Thor said shakily.

(Y/N) looked down at the ground as she prevented herself from crumbling down right in front of her friends. The world was going to change, and there was no other option other than to accept it as it would be.