ೃ⁀➷ xxiii. ʀᴇsᴇᴀʀᴄʜɪɴɢ ᴛʜᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ᴡᴀʏ

≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

(Y/N) AND THE TEAM gathered once again in the lab to continue on their research of Ultron the next morning. (Y/N) and Natasha to sat over one of the computers while drinking coffee as Steve walked in with a tablet in his hand before handing it to Thor.

"What's this?" Tony asked.

"A message. Ultron killed Strucker." Steve answered as Thor handed the tablet to Tony.

(Y/N) leaned in to see the picture and her eyes widened as she scanned the image. Strucker's body was laying on a bed with the word 'peace' written on the wall with his own blood. It even caused her chills.

"And he did a Banksy at the crime scene, just for us," Tony commented and Bruce looked over his shoulder to see the picture.

"This is a smoke screen," Natasha stated. "Why send a message when you've just given a speech?"

"It's a basic move, you kill someone that has the knowledge of causing your downfall," (Y/N) said.

"Exactly. Strucker knew something that Ultron wanted us to miss," Steve agreed.

"Yeah, I bet he. . .Yeah." Natasha sighed as the image on the screen changed. "Everything we had on Strucker's been erased."

"Not everything," Steve said.

≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

THEY BROUGHT ALL the office boxes they could find, which were filled with files and personal data. They pilled them up in one room and began taking out the papers one by one.

"Known associates," Steve began. "Baron Strucker had a lot of friends."

"Well, thee pelen are all horrible," Bruce replied as he held one file in his hand.

"Wait. I know that guy," Tony cut in, grabbing the file. "From back in the day. He operates off the African coast. Black market arms."

Steve looked over at him with a questionable look.

"There are conventions. All right? You meet people. I didn't sell him anything," Tony excused. "He was talking about finding something new, a game changer. It was all ver Ahab."

(Y/N) looked over Steve's shoulder to see the man from the file, reading the name 'Ulysses Klaue off the top of the paper.

"This?" Thor asked as he pointed over to the mark that Ulysses had on his neck.

"Ah, it's a tattoo, I don't think he had it," Tony answered.

"Those are tattoos, this is a brand." Thor explained.

"Oh, yeah," Bruce said from his seat in front of one of the computers. "It's a word in an African dialect meaning 'thief'. In a much less friendly way."

"What dialect?"

"Wakanada," Bruce stuttered. "W-Wakanda."

(Y/N) saw Tony and Steve sharing s knowing look.

"If this guy got out of Wakanda with some of their trade goods. . ." Tony muttered.

"I thought your father said he got the last of it," Steve continued.

"I don't follow," Bruce said. "What comes out of Wakanda?"

(Y/N) looked over to Steve's shield placed on the side, knowing the answer to the question.

"The strongest metal on Earth," Tony announced.

"Where is this guy now?"