ೃ⁀➷xlix. sᴇᴀʀᴄʜ ғᴏʀ sᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

📍AVENGERS COMPOUND ≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

📍AVENGERS COMPOUND
≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

(Y/N) FELT STRANGE from walking through the hallways of her old home back again, the feeling of nostalgia running through her head. It had been two years after the last time she had been there, and it seemed like nothing had changed.

As she walked on Steve's right side and Natasha on his left, Sam and Wanda carried Vision's weight as they followed behind the trio, all entering the room where an old friend was standing in.

Rhodey stood in the middle of the room, talking with a hologram version of Secretary Ross, and (Y/N) had to resist the urge to roll her eyes at the side of the older man as he looked at the group.

"Mr. Secretary," Steve greeted emotionlessly.

"You got some nerve," the hologram of Ross said as it walked closer to the trio. "I'll give you that."

"You could use some of that right now," Natasha answered.

"And you know me, I'm always dying to see you," (Y/N) said as the hologram turned to her, her voice filled with sarcasm.

Ross moved away from her with an annoyed look on his face, staring up at Steve. "The world's on fire. And you think all is forgiven?"

"I'm not looking for forgiveness. And I'm way past asking for permission," Steve replied. "Earth just lost her best defender. So we're here to fight. And if you wanna stand in our way. . .we'll fight you too."

Secretary Ross took a step away and whirled around to face Rhodey, who stayed behind with his arms crossed in silence. "Arrest them."

Rhodey nodded. "All over it."

He moved his hand in the air and the hologram of Secretary Ross and a table full of men in suits disappeared with a computer beep, and silence filled the room once again.

"That's a court-martial," Rhodey said, and a smile formed on (Y/N)'s face. "It's great to see you, Cap."

Steve grabbed onto his extended hand and accepted the handshake. "You too, Rhodey."

Steve moved back to allow (Y/N) and Natasha to say their greetings; and the oldest wrapped Rhodey in a hug before pulling away. (Y/N) caught Rhodey's eye and her smile brightened as he pulled her into an embrace, patting her in the back.

"Congratulations on the engagement," he said in a low voice.

"Thank you," she muttered.