ೃ⁀➷lxx. ʀᴇᴛᴜʀɴ

≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

THE METALLIC TASTE of blood came to Steve's mouth, the hot and red liquid pouring down his hairline and nose. He had been thrown to the ground harshly by Thanos, and the shield had been destroyed in half by the enormous blade.

He panted and caught his breath as he tried to stand up, his elbows holding his weight as the remains of the shield were still in his hand. He had to keep fighting, but it seemed like his body was begging him not to.

"In all my years of conquest. . .violence, slaughter, it was never personal," Thanos said as he looked around the destroyed compound. "But I'll tell you now. . .what I'm about to do to your stubborn, annoying little planet. I'm gonna enjoy it very, very much."

The Black Order beamed down from the spaceship into the ground, the rest of the army following behind. The Chitauri, the Outriders, and many more creatures Steve would only see in his nightmares were gathering all behind Thanos.

Steve exhaled a sharp breath and pushed himself up, a strained grunt leaving his lips as he got to his feet. He secured the shield in his arm and limped away from the rocks. The army was ready, waiting for him to make a single move, but he didn't get the chance to.

"Hey, Cap, you read me?" a voice he hadn't heard from in years spoke through comms. "Cap, it's Sam. Can you read me? On your left."

He looked back and saw a spark of orange light forming in a portal, three figures walking right through it. When they got closer to his view, Steve's breath caught when he recognized T'Challa, Okoye and Shuri coming to him.

Right through the same portal, Sam flew into the scene, his familiar wings spread behind his back as always, flying through the cloudy air as more orange portals appeared.

A portal opened and in came out Stephen Strange, followed by three of the guardians of the galaxy; Peter Quill, Drax, and Mantis, all holding their weapons in hand. Behind them, came swinging no other than Spider-Man, landing safely on the ground.

T'Challa yelled out a command in Xhosa, and thousands of other voices chanting the phrase came from behind him; the Wakandan army prepared for battle. Bucky walked through a different portal, holding the gun from before.

Thousands, or even millions of more people came into view from the portals, some wearing battle armor with swords in hand or guns, but one that stood out the most was Valkyrie flying in with her pegasus into the scene, with Wanda lowering herself down to the ground right beside her.

A loud rumble shook the ground under everyone's feet and they all saw how the enormous figure of Ant-Man escaped from being trapped under the remains of the compound, placing Bruce in the floor as Rhodey and Rocket came into view.

Steve regained his strength and looked around himself, seeing that they all were waiting for his command, preparing themselves for what was coming.

"Avengers. . ." Steve yelled out as he summoned the hammer to his hand. "Assemble."

A loud battle cry was heard all over the ground, everyone charging at the opposing army with determined looks. The spaceships flew above them all, some used their own abilities to pull themselves off the ground, but most of them ran into battle, meeting up instantly with Thanos's army.

Scott punched a Leviathan straight through the front as Okoye used her spear to stab all the Chitauri that were coming her way, T'Challa and M'Baku being a few feet away from her. Pepper and Tony, who were in the sky, stood back to back as they used their laser beams to blast at the ones around them.

Natasha ran through the battlefield with her batons in hand, using them to cut through the Chitauri that tried to knock her to the ground. She also used her widow's bite to shock the aliens that were shooting at her.

She was too distracted in holding back the one that was firing at her from the front to realize that another one was sneaking up behind her. All she heard before she turned around was a strangled cry from the creature and whirled around, her eyes tearing up at the sight of the familiar face.

"Wanda," Natasha breathed out.

"Hey," she panted to catch her breath and walked closer to her as Natasha dusted away the grime in her suit. "Guess this has been a wild ride for you, huh?"

"You have no idea," Natasha said.

"By the way," Wanda looked behind her shoulders and tried to spot another person through the field. "Where's (Y/N)? I haven't seen her."

Natasha didn't meet her eyes and looked away, but she knew that she had every right to know what happened. It's what she would've wanted.

"She didn't make it. She's gone," Natasha choked out. "She's the reason you all came back."

Wanda's eyes widened at her words and didn't believe her at first. Her breath caught in her throat as she processed what she had heard. She couldn't help but feel angry from it too, her hatred for the mad titan growing because of it.

"I'm sorry," Natasha placed a palm in her arm.

"No, he should be sorry."

≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

THANOS RAN with his sword in hand after T'Challa, who was the one holding the gauntlet close to him no before he was knocked off the ground. Thanos saw how the glove flew away from his grasp and charged after him, preparing himself to attack before someone landed in front of him.

The red glow faded off the ground after Wanda hit the ground, her hands still forming the two spheres of red mist in her hands. She lifted her gaze to him and her eyes were glowing, a fiery glare in her eyes.

"You took everything from me," Wanda sneered, remembering her lover and friend, who weren't with her anymore because of him.

"I don't even know who you are," Thanos said.

"You will," Wanda's glare intensified and she softly pulled herself off the ground, red mist lifting two gigantic boulders from behind her to throw them at Thanos.

The boulders crumbled on top of him and Thanos used his arms to cover his head from them, but Wanda didn't end there. She used all the power in her hands to throw spheres of red mist at him, not loosing her rhythm while Thanos used his sword to block the blows.

Wanda grunted and placed her hands in front of her as Thanos attempted to strike her with his sword, he used all the strength in his body to push the sword down and her to the ground, but she tilted her head to the side with a smirk and threw the sword away.

The fear was evident in his eyes and Wanda raised a palm in the air, lifting Thanos in the ground as she removed the armor from his body and tried to crush him with it.

"Rain fire!" Thanos yelled.

"But, sire, our troops — " Corvus Glaive protested.

"Just do it!"