ೃ⁀➷lxii. ᴛɪᴍᴇ ᴛʀᴏᴜʙʟᴇs

≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

COMING BACK HOME from a long and exhausting day was a relief to (Y/N), being greeted by Nina and Leo, who told her what they did with their babysitter throughout the day.

It was already late, and both of the kids eyelids were drooping, so (Y/N) led them back to their room with care while Steve washed the dirty dishes. She tucked them in their respective beds, the only light in the room being the lamp in the middle of the nightstand.

"Did you have fun today?" (Y/N) asked, sitting down on Nina's bed and softly passed her hands through her hair while Leo turned his body to face her in his own bed.

"Yeah," both answered at the same time.

"Can you tell us a story?" Leo continued on, his head resting on the palm of his hand.

"It's already too late for a story," (Y/N) debated, sparing a glance at the clock in the nightstand.

"But you always tell us a story!" Nina said.

"Hmm," (Y/N) pretended to think for a minute before turning back to her children. "Once upon a time, there were two children named Leo and Nina that followed their mother's words and went to sleep. The End."

"I didn't like that story," Leo stated.

"Come on, that's the best story in the world," (Y/N) faked offense, placing a hand on her chest.

She stood from her place in the bed and placed a kiss on Nina's forehead, then moving onto Leo's side of the room to do the same before walking towards the lamp to turn it off.

"Love you," she muttered.

"I love you millions," Nina softly replied, her voice growing quiet as she drifted off to sleep.

"I love you to infinity, Mom," Leo followed on, taking off his glasses and placing them on the nightstand before burying back in the pillows.

(Y/N)'s heart warmed at their words and offered a smile, though she wasn't sure if they could see it because the room was already growing dark.

"I love you to infinity too. The both of you."

(Y/N) shut the door behind her with the smile still plastered on her face, walking down the stairs of her home to catch up with Steve in the living room, who was already done with washing the dishes in the kitchen.

He had already changed into a much comfortable sweater, his hair messed up after the long day and he didn't seem to listen to her arrival, staring up at the TV in front of him as he sat on the couch.