ೃ⁀➷xxxix. ᴛʜᴇ ʙᴀᴛᴛʟᴇ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴀɪʀᴘᴏʀᴛ

≫ ──── ««•◦ ✪ ◦•»» ──── ≪

STEVE RAN WITH his shield in hand up to the chopper that stood a few feet away from him in the outside of the airport, planning on using it to escape, but before he could get any closer to it and electric shock was fired from above and stopped him from getting in.

He looked up to the sky and saw the familiar suits of Tony and Rhodey floating in the air before thrusting themselves up and land in front of him with a thud.

"Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport. Don't you think that's weird?" Tony remarked sarcastically as he removed the helmet.

"Definitely weird," Rhodey answered.

"Hear me out, Tony," Steve said. "That doctor, the psychiatrist, he's behind all of this."

Another person jumped into view and Steve turned around at the sound as he recognized the design of the black suit with silver lines and claws.

"Captain," T'Challa spoke up.

"Your Highness," Steve nodded his head in greeting.

"Anyway. . .Ross gave me 36 hours to bring you in. That was 24 hours ago. Can you help a brother out?" Tony questioned.

"You're after the wrong guy." Steve responded.

"Your judgement is askew. Your old war buddy killed innocent people yesterday," Tony tried to reason and the anger was bubbling inside him.

"And there are five more super soldiers just like him," Steve interrupted. "I can't let the doctor find them first, Tony. I can't."

"Steve. . ." a new voice called from behind him and he turned around to see Natasha standing a few feet away. "You know what's about to happen. Do you really wanna punch your way out of this one?"

Steve didn't reply to her question and whirled back around to face the others surrounding him.

"All right, I've run out of patience," Tony sighed. "Underoos!"

A strange web grabbed onto the shield on Steve's arm and pulled it away from him, wrapping itself around his hands as someone flew over his head and landed a few feet away in a bright red and blue suit.

"Nice job, kid," Tony complimented.

"Thanks," the person answered, but his voice wasn't deep enough to be an adult. "I could have stuck the landing a little better, it's just. . .new suit. It's nothing, Mr. Stark. It's perfect. Thank you."