Prologue

Y/N P.O.V

Fire Nations... they're everywhere. They're attacking our Air Temple. I don't understand... how did they manage to get up here? The only way for someone to reach the top of the mountains is by a flying bison. They don't have that... so how??

I'm running away from a few of them. I send some of them flying away by using a glider my brother Aang made for me. It opens up to a wing, that'll help me use my airbending better.

(If you don't like the color

(If you don't like the color. Just imagine it in your choice)

Aang... he ran away from home after learning that he is the Avatar. I can't believe that he would leave me behind. It saddens me at the thought that my own twin brother would leave me.

I duck when another shot of fire came at me. I use my glider to send them away. I'm starting get tired from all the fighting. Maybe this is how I'm going to die.

I didn't realize one of them is sneaking up on me. I only know when they tackled me. He was about to shoot another fire at me, when a strong wind blow them away.

I turn my head to see Monk Gyatso. "Come with me, Y/N. Hurry!" He said, offering me his hand. I place my hand on top of his and he pulls me to stand on my feet. He starts to run away, pulling me along. I blow wind at the firebenders here and there.

He leads me to where my bison is, b/n. She's pretty much unharmed. "Go... leave now... go that way. There is an underground tunnel which will lead to the side of the temple. You should be safe..." Monk Gyatso said.

"But..." I started. "Go, Y/N. I failed to protect your brother. I'm not going to fail on protecting you too. You must leave. Now!" He said, pushing me to my bison. I tear up and wrap my arms around his torso.

"I'm so sorry, Gyatso..." I said. "It's okay... now go. Be safe" he said, pushing me to my bison. I climb up and look at Gyatso with tears streaming down both of my cheeks.

"Go!!!" He yelled. "Goodbye, Gyatso..." I said. "Stay alive, little one..." he said, smiling sadly at me. I bit my lips, as more tears streams down my cheeks like a waterfall.

"Come on, girl... yip-yip!" I said. She starts fly away. We enter a tunnel like place and just like what Monk Gyatso said. It leads to the side of the temple. There are no firebenders in sight. But I can't be too sure about that, I need to be very cautious.

We made it out safely. I turn my head to look at the temple. The Southern Air Temple. I watch as the temple burst into fire in every spots. I look away and burst into tears.

Time-skip

We've been flying for a while now. We're flying with no certain direction. I have no idea where to go. The world is in war right now.

I curl up into a ball and hugs my knees as I start to cry softly. My home... my friends... all of my family... everything is gone. I have nothing now. I'm all alone, with b/n.

I snap out of my grief when there's a rustling sound. I grab my staff and turn my head. One of the back in b/n is moving. I walk towards it and poke it lightly. I jump in fright when a lemur pops out. I let out a sigh of relief and sit down.

"Come here..." I said, outstretching my arms. The lemur jumps towards me. "Hello, girl..." I said, as I notice the lemur is a girl. I burst into tears as I hug her close to my chest.

The sound of thunder rumbling makes me jump in fright. I turn my head to see a gray cloud. "Oh no... a thunderstorm..." I said. I jump to my feet and hold onto b/n's reign.

I try my best to avoid every strikes of the thunders. It seems endless. It strikes from all directions. One of the thunder strikes at the wall of rocks in front of me. The rock starts tumbling down, sending huge rocks around me.

One of the small rock hits my head. I can feel blood dripping down from the wound. My sight starts to get blurry. But I try my best to stay awake. I fail to see the huge tree branch in front of me, which b/n crash onto it and we got thrown off balance.

We fall into the ocean. I struggle to swim but the current makes it impossible for me to stay on the surface. I can feel myself slipping. Then everything turns black.

Is this how I'm going to die...

*to be continued*