Chapter 43

Previously on Chapter 42

"Oh, Aunt Wu said if I met any travelers to give them this" he said, handing a package to Aang. Then he turns around to leave. Sokka eyed him suspiciously. Fortuneteller, huh? Is it even accurate?

-The Fortuneteller-

Y/N P.O.V

"Maybe we should go see Aunt Wu and learn our fortunes. It could be fun!" Katara said. "Oh come on! Fortune telling is nonsense!" Sokka said. "Well... Y/N sometimes can feel if there's trouble, so?" Katara said, pointing at me. "Why are you dragging me??" I said. She just chuckles nervously.

I turn to look at Aang. He's eyeing the package with curiosity. "What are you waiting for, Aang? Open it" I said. "Right!" he said. Then he starts unwrapping the package.

"What do you know? An umbrella!" He said, opening the umbrella and holds it above his head

"What do you know? An umbrella!" He said, opening the umbrella and holds it above his head. As soon as he did that, the sky turns dark and it starts to rain. I quickly move under the umbrella.

"That proves it!" Katara said, as she moves under the umbrella as well. The umbrella is surprisingly big for three people. "No it doesn't! You can't really predict the future" Sokka said, stomping. "I guess, you're not really getting wet then..." Katara said. She slowly lift her hand, making the platypus bear egg flies. Sokka jumps up in attempt to catch it. She drops it, making it land right on top of Sokka's head. I let out a giggle at Sokka's annoyed face.

***

We are now walking down the road, making our way to the village where Aunt Wu lives. It's getting pretty chilly because of the rain. I have to hug myself as an attempt to stay warm.

I turn my head to look at Sokka, who's soaking wet. "You cold, Sokka?" I said, teasingly. He rolls his eyes at me. "Of course she predicted it was going to rain! The sky's been gray all day!" He said. "Just admit you might be wrong, and you can come under the umbrella..." Katara said. Sokka stops walking and looks at us with a smug face. "Look, I'm going to predict the future now..." he said as he starts to hopping from one foot to another.

"It's going to keep drizzling... see?" He said. As soon as he said that, the sky turns bright and the rain stop pouring. I can see his eyebrow twitching. I let out a laugh at how annoyed he looks. "Not everyone has the gift, Sokka..." Aang said. We continue to walk forward.

"Agh!" Sokka yelled. I turn around to see Appa is shaking his fur, making Sokka soaked again. I let out a laugh and shake my head. I walk over to him and grab his hand. "Come on, grumpy boy..." I said, still laughing.

Time-skip

We have now reached the house of Aunt Wu. There's a man standing outside. He looks like he's expecting someone.

"Aunt Wu is expecting you" he said. We walk inside the house. I can see Sokka's face turns into disgust and judging. I gently nudge his ribs, making him turn to look at me. "Be nice..." I whispered. He let out a sigh and give me a sarcastic smile. I roll my eyes at him.

We walk inside a room. There's a girl wearing a pink dress. She turns to look at us. "My name is Meng and I'm Aunt Wu's assistant..." she said, smiling. I notice the tooth gap, along with the fact that her eyes linger on Aang more than the rest of us.

"Well, hello there..." she said, smiling at him. Aang turns to look at her and rub his nose, looking bored. "Hello..." he said, disinterested. We take a seats on the pillow.

"Can I get you some tea or some of Aunt Wu's special bean curd puffs?" Meng said. "I'll try a curd puff!" Sokka said. Meng lift a finger. "Just a second. So... what's your name?" She said, crouching in front of Aang. "Aang..." he said, in a flat tone. Meng grins after hearing Aang's response. "That rhymes with Meng! And you've got some pretty big ears, don't you?" She said. "I guess..." he said.

"Don't be modest... they're huge!" Sokka said, while spreading his arms to emphasize his words. Aang quickly covers his ear, while glaring at Sokka. I let out a giggle as he looks embarrassed. "Well, Aang. It was very nice to meet you. Very nice" she said, slyly. "Likewise..." Aang said. She turns around and leaves the room.

"I don't know about you guys. But that girl gives me a weird vibe... I think she likes you, Aang" I said. He turns to look at me as if I just said something funny. "Don't be ridiculous... she was just being friendly..." he said. "Friendly, huh? SuuUure... then tell me why she seem to only pay attention to you, Brother?" I said. He just shrugs his shoulders.

"I can't believe we're here in the house of nonsense" Sokka said. "Oh lighten up, grumpy boy..." I said. He huffed and looks away from me. "Y/N is right... you need to try to keep an open mind. There are things in the world that just can't be explain. Wouldn't it be nice to have some insight into your future?" Katara said.

"It would be nice to have some bean curd puffs" he said. "You and your big stomach..." I said, rolling my eyes. "Hey... I'm just a simple guy with simple need" he said, shrugging his shoulders. "Whatever you say, simple guy" I said. He pouted at me.

The door slides open to reveal Meng. She's holding a tray in her hand. I notice how she keeps her eyes on Aang, as she walks towards us. She suddenly trips and fall forward. Aang rushes forward and grab the tray, holding her hands in the process. She looks at Aang with a blush on her face.

"Enjoy your snack!" She said, pushing the tray into Aang's hand. She quickly get up and walks away. I let out a soft laugh. "She's so crushing on you..." I said. Aang gives me a straight face.

Sokka grabs the tray and was about to pop one into her mouth. An elderly woman enters the room. I'm guessing she's Aunt Wu.

"Welcome young travelers. Now, who's next? Don't be shy..." she said. I just look away. There's silence in the room. "I guess that's me!" Katara said, standing up. She walks away with Aunt Wu.

"Mm, not bad, not bad!" Sokka said. I turn to look at him to see him stuffing his mouth. He turns to me and offers some. "Nah... I'm good..." I said. He turns to offer Aang.

"I'm good on puffs..." he said. Sokka shrugs and keep eating. "So, what do you think they're talking back there?" I said, to no one in particular. "Boring stuff I'm sure. Love, who's she going to marry, how many babies she's going to have" he said. "You really are grumpy..." I said. "What? I'm just stating what I think? You ask... I answer. So?" He said. "Touché..." I said, crossing my arms across my chest.

"Yeah, dump stuff like that..." Aang said. Though I can see clearly that he's being nervous and tense. He quickly stands up and turns to me. "Well, I've got to find the bathroom..." he said, he starts to walk.

"Hmm... I'm sorry, what was that? Perhaps I heard you wrong. I think you mean 'I've got to eavesdrop' not 'find the bathroom'..." I said in a teasing tone. "Shut up, Y/N..." he said, blushing hard. I burst out laughing as he quickly leaves the room. Yupp... he's definitely going to eavesdrop. I see right through you, big brother.

*to be continued*