Chapter 19

Previously on Chapter 18

Katara and I bid our goodbyes and get on Appa. We wave at them as we fly away to continue our journey to the Northern Water Tribe. We surely still have a long journey. But I'm sure we'll be able to face all the danger as long as we stick together.

-Heibai: The Black and White Spirit-

Y/N P.O.V

We're currently flying on Appa. I sit next to Aang on Appa's head as we stare into the distance. I turn my head and notice something black on the ground.

"What is that?" I said. "Huh?" Aang said, turning to look at me. I point towards the black on the ground. He turns his head and see what I saw.

"It looked like a scar

"It looked like a scar..." Katara said. I frown as Aang urges Appa to land on the ground. I grab my glider and jumps off of Appa's head. I clench my hands into a tight fists as I take a look around the place.

I look down and drop on my knees. I feel tears pool up in my eyes . I here a thud next to me and turn my head to see Aang. He looks just as upset as I am. The two of us are suppose to protect the world. Keep it in balance. We did this... we let this happened.

"Fire Nations! I've had it with those-" I hear Sokka starts complaining. But he didn't get a chance to finish his sentence as Katara shushes him. "What? Am I not allowed to be upset now?" He said.

Katara walks over to Aang and I. She kneels down and place a hand on my shoulder. I turn to look at her with my teary eyes. She pulls me into a hug as I just lean into her embrace.

"How could we let this happen? Y/N and I are the Avatars. It's our job to protect everyone... but we failed..." Aang said. I just choke out a sob. Katara stands up and walks off.

Aang turns his head to look at me. He wraps his arm around me. I scoot closer to him, leaning my body in his embrace. He wraps his arms tightly around me.

"Hey... are you ready to be cheer up?" Katara said. I turn to look at her. She have her hand behind her. I look at her in confusion. "How?" I asked. She tossed something, hitting me in my head. She did the same to Aang.

"How is that suppose to cheer us up?" He said. "That cheered me up..." Sokka said, chuckling. But Katara toss whatever it is at him as well. "Ouch! I deserved it..." he said. Katara just smiles at him. She turns to look at us and walks over.

"Here... I found this everywhere..." she said, placing an acorn on my hand. I stare at it in confusion. "You know what that means?" She said. "No?" I said. She smiles softly. "That means... overtime, this forest will grow again..." she said. I feel a smile forming on my face.

I hear footsteps coming towards us. I to see a man. He stops walking when he's close. "I thought it was impossible when I saw the flying bison. But when I see you guys I know for sure. Are you the Avatar?" The man said, looking at Aang. Aang stands up and walks over to me, who just stood up. He place a hand on my shoulder.

"We both are..." he said. His eyes widened as he turn to look at me. "Two Avatars? How is that possible?" He said, looking at us in shock. "We have no idea..." I said, giving him an apologetic smile.

"Please... can you help us. My village are facing a big problem" he said. I turn to look at Aang. He nods his head, agreeing we should help the man. I nod as well and turn to the man.

"We'll help..." I said. "Thank you! Follow me..." he said, bowing at us. He turns around and starts to walk away. Aang and I follow him. I hear footsteps behind me and know that Sokka and Katara also follows us.

The man who told us his name is Kay-fon leads us to a small village. There's a few house that looks like it's just been destroyed only recently. I walk towards it and kneels down. There are no scratch marks. So the attacker can't be of a living beings.

"So... what happened here?" I asked, turning to face Kay-fon. "The black and white spirit, known as the Hei Bai have been coming here every sun down... he's been destroying this village for a while now..." he said. So... I was right about that one.

I turn to walk and stand next to Aang. "Are you sure you can handle this situation?" Katara said. "I'm not so sure... but we've got to try, right Y/N?" Aang said. I nod my head in agreement. "Yeah... we have to. We can't leave these people. They need our help" I said. Katara looks hesitant, but she knew she can't talk us out of it.

Time-skip

It's almost sun down. So Katara, Sokka and the rest of the villagers enters the main hall. While Aang and I stays outside, waiting for the black and white spirit to show himself.

I walk next to Aang as we make our way to the front gate. "I've faced lots of things... but never faced any type of spirit. Do you think we'll be able to? I mean... you've always knew you're the Avatar. But me... I've only just found out about it recently" I said, turning to look at Aang.

Aang turns to look at me with a smile. "Don't worry, sis... I'm sure we could think of something" he said. I just smile softly at him and nod my head. We turn to look at the gate.

The sun is going down, but there's still no sign of the spirit. Aang steps forward. "My name is Aang! I'm the Avatar. In the name of bridge between human and spirit world. I command you to leave this village alone!" He said. He spins his staff and jam it against the ground. I just stare at him with an unamused face. Did he really expect this black and white spirit is going to listen... just like that?

He turns away and grins. "Problem solved!" He said, grinning at me. "Aang... I don't think it works that way" I said. "What do you mean?" He asked. I open my mouth to say something. When suddenly a figure appear. I turn my head to see a huge monster like creature. In an instant I know who that is. It's Hei Bai... The Black and White Spirit.

*to be continued*