Chapter 55

Previously on Chapter 54

"So... when do we get to make fire?" Aang said again. "Concentrate!!" Jeong Jeong yelled. I let out a sigh and giggle. Sokka and Katara also laughs. Making him blush in embarrassment. I shake my head and focus on myself. If I'm going to attempt learning fire-bending, I might as well do it properly. I can only hope nothing bad will happen because we try to skip elements. But... oh well.

-He's So Impatient-

Y/N P.O.V

I keep concentrating on the sun. But I can hear Aang groaning next to me. I let out a sigh and turn to look at him. He have an annoyed look on his face. I raise an eyebrow at him.

"What's up with you?" I said. "I'm bored having to do this! I wanna learn how to shoot fire!!" He said. "Aang... everything have process. We need to go on with it. Can't expect to just master fire-bending in one go. Even as an air-bender, we still have process before we master air-bending. We didn't just get this air-bending tattoo in one night, remember? Come on now... concentrate" I said. He lets out a groan and face-palm himself.

He grabs my hand and pulls me along. "What the- hey!!" I said, stumbling a little. I let out a huffed as he keeps on pulling me along. Where did he even going to take me?

"Jeong Jeong. Can we go to the next step already?" Aang said. Jeong Jeong lets put a sigh and told us to follow him. Aang starts pulling me along. "I can walk by myself... no need to pull me" I said. He lets out a nervous laugh and lets my hand go.

We make our way up to the mountain. The scenery is beautiful up here. "Are we coming up here so we don't burn anything with our fire blasts?" Aang said. I turn to give him a straight face.

"No fire yet" Jeong Jeong said. "What?" Aang said, sounding disappointed. "Power in fire-bending comes from the breath. That is why you must master proper breath control" he said. "You brought us up here to breathe??" Aang said. Jeong Jeong ignores his comment.

"Resume your stances..." he said. I do as told. I turn to Aang to see him standing sloppily. 'He's gonna get scold again' I thought to myself, shaking my head in exasperation.

"Wider..." Jeong Jeong said. "You're not even look-" Aang tried to say, but got cut off instantly. "Wider!! Look at your sister... she did as told without any sort of complains and you call yourself the older one? You have a lot to learn from her..." Jeong Jeong said. Aang opens his mouth but I give Aang a stern look. He lets out a sigh and follow his order.

"Now, inhale through the nose and exhale through the mouth - without talking. Good... keep going" he said. He turns around and walks down the path. I keep doing as Jeong Jeong instructed.

***

Once again, Aang dragged me down with him to Jeong Jeong's cottage. I tried to refuse but he keeps pulling me along. Aish... this boy.

"Why do you keep dragging me?" I said, in a bored tone. "Shush" he said. "Rude..." I muttered under my breath, rolling my eyes. I just let him do whatever he pleases. But that doesn't mean I'm not annoyed. But who am I to argue?

We enter Jeong Jeong's cottage. I can already tell we are going to get scolded. "What are you doing here? I did not tell you to stop!" He said, angrily. "I didn't..." I tried to say. "I know you didn't. It's your brother's stubbornness" he said, glaring at Aang. Aang ignores the look Jeong Jeong is giving him.

"I've been breathing for hours!" He said. "You want to stop breathing?" Jeong Jeong said. "I want you to stop wasting our times! We already know how to squat and breathe and feel the sun! We wanna know how to shoot fire out of our fingertips!" He said. I gently hit his head.

"What do you mean we?? Don't drag me into this... I was doing okay out there... until you dragged me..." I said, crossing my arms. "Ow... you're not helping..." he said, pouting at me.

"I had a pupil once who had no interest in learning discipline. He was only concerned with the power of fire - how he could use it to destroy his opponents and wipe out the obstacles in his path, but fire is a horrible burden to bear. It's nature is to consume and without control it would destroys everything around it..." Jeong Jeong said. I paled at what he just said.

"Learn restrain... or risk destroying yourself and everything you love" he said. I gulped nervously, but I know exactly what he meant. I've seen them with my own eyes. The day I lost everything... our home.

I walk out of the hut and meditate, trying to keep myself calm. The painful memories comes rushing back inside my head. If I don't try to calm down, I'll start having a panic attack... which is the last thing I need right now.

I hear footsteps and turn my head to see Aang sitting down, as he starts to meditate too. I smile softly at him and continue to meditate.

A Few Hours Later

Jeong Jeong walks out of his hut and saw us. I turn to Aang and give him a look. He lets out a sigh and looks down.

"I thought about what you said... I promise I'll be more patient" Aang said. "We're going to work with fire now..." Jeong Jeong said. "Oh yeah!!" Aang said, jumping up. I raise an eyebrow at him. He clears his throat and resume his serious posture. "I mean... let us begin..." he said. I let out a giggle at him. Jeong Jeong grabs two leaves that's falling. He lit them in fire right on the center.

"Concentrate on the fire. I want you to keep the flame from reaching the edges of these leaves for as long as you can..." he said. I gently take the leaf from him.

"Master! There is trouble!" A tribal man said. I turn to the man in worry. "What's going on?" Aang said. "Concentrate on your leaf!" Jeong Jeong said. Then he turns around to leave

Aang groans in frustration. "This is the worst fire-bending instruction ever! All he does is leave me for hours to concentrate and breathe!" Aang said, in an annoyed tone. "Aang! Show respect would you. Be thankful that he still wants to teach us after the way you've been acting all day!!" I said. He just huffed and muttered an apology. Geez...

he's so impatient.

*to be continued*