Chapter 21

Previously on Chapter 20

I can see the sun rises and falls rapidly. The light I saw in the room starts moving closer and closer until it hit's Avatar Roku's statue, only then we'd be able to talk to him. Which means we have to wait for the Winter Solstice.

-Saving Sokka-

Y/N P.O.V

We're currently on Avatar Roku's dragon. My eyes widened as he continue to fly towards a statue. I can see Aang's body on the statue's head, while I can see me right under it.

"Wait... wait wait wait!! Are you crazy?!" I yelled. But the dragon just fly towards the statue. I screamed in horror and closes my eyes. I slowly open one eye as I realize nothing happened. I open both of them and stand up.

I feel someone landing on top of me. "Ouch!! Aang! Come on!! Can you watch where you're jumping to?" I said. "Sorry..." he said, standing up and holds out a hand for me. I grab his hand and he pulls me up.

I look at my hands and notice they're not translucent anymore. Looks like we're back in the living world. I turn to see my glider on the ground. I pick it up and turn to Aang.

"Let's head back to the village?" I said. He nods his head and grabs his glider. I open my glider and start to fly back to the village. Aang following behind me.

I land and notice Katara running towards us. "You're okay!!" She said. She turns to see Aang as he landed next to us. She went to him and hugs him too. Then she pulls away and looks at us expectantly.

"Where's Sokka?" She said. "I'm sorry, Katara... we didn't know" I said, looking down. "Oh..." she said. I turn to look at the sky, noticing how dark it's getting. I turn to look at Katara.

"You should head inside. It's getting dark. That spirit will be coming any time now..." I said. She nods her head. She gives me a small smile and turns around to get inside the hall.

I turn my body to face to the gate, as the sun begins to hit the horizon. I stand there for a while, but there are no signs of Hei Bai. I turn to look at Aang as he looks back at me. We're both blaming ourselves for not being able to save our friend, Sokka.

I let out a sigh and make my way back to the hall. I hear Aang's footsteps following behind me. He walks next to me as he walk in silence.

As I walk, I suddenly feel sudden changes in the air. I lift my glider and look around the place cautiously. "What's wrong?" Aang said. "He's here... I can feel it. There's a slight changes in the air. I just don't know where..." I said. I feel presence behind me. I turn my head to see a building.

Hei Bai appears behind it, destroying the building. I jump out of the way to avoid the debris. Aang stand in battle stance.

"Hei Bai! Stop destroying the building! Please!!" I yelled. I walk forward, only for Hei Bai to swing his arm at me. I got send flying away and land on the ground a few feet away.

"Y/N!" Aang yelled. "I'm okay!" I yelled back. I stand up, and wince as pain shot up my back. I look up at Aang and notice Hei Bai behind him. "Aang! Watch out!!" I yelled. Aang turns around, only to get hit by Hei Bai.

"Aang! Y/N!" Katara screamed. Hei Bai turns to look at her. He runs forward, making his way to the hall. I force myself to stand up and run forward. I use air to propel me. I jump and do a flip. I place my hand on Hei Bai's head.

I can see Hei Bai true form. He's a panda spirit. My mind went back to what Aang and I saw back in the forest. A panda statue.

"Now I understand... you're the forest spirit. You're upset because the forest is burnt" I said. Aang makes his way to stand next to me. He looks up at Hei Bai, who breathes heavily. I can feel the anger from him.

"Hei Bai... our friend told us that the forest will grow back... everything is going to be alright" I said. Aang lift the acorn he get from Katara. He places it on the ground. Hei Bai picks it up and eats it. He turns his body and turns into his form.

As reaches the front gate. Bamboos starts to grow at a rapid pace, already taller than human. I watch as people slowly walking out. I can see Sokka walking out. Katara rushes forward and hugs him.

I let out a sigh of relief and take a seat on the steps. I can't believe that we manage to solve this problem. I still have no idea how strong I am. Aang takes a seat next to me.

"We did it, Y/N..." he said. "Yeah... we did..." I said, nodding my head with a smile on my face. I turn to look forward as Sokka told Katara he needed to use the washroom. I let out a laugh at him.

Sokka walks back after he's done. I move to stand up and walks towards him. "Good to see you're back. I'm sorry that I didn't manage to save you faster..." I said, giving him a gentle hug. He hugs me back and pat my back softly.

"It's alright, Y/N. I'm back. That's what matters..." he said. I pull away and smile brightly at him. I turn my head as Aang makes his way over to me. Just by looking at me, he knew what I'm thinking. He nods his head.

"Y/N and I found out how we can talk to Avatar Roku..." he said. "Really how?" Sokka said. "There's a place where his statue is located with a shape of Crescent Moon. Once the light hit his statue... we'll be able to talk to him" I said.

"Well... that's is great! You two will be able to find an answer. So... when is it?" Katara said. "During the Winter Solstice" I said. "That's tomorrow!" Sokka said. I nod my head and turn to look at Aang with a worried look.

"Yeah... but there's a problem..." Aang said. "A very big one..." I said, nodding my head. "What is it, Y/N? Aang?" Katara said. I let out a sigh and turn to look at her with a serious expression. "The Island is in the Fire-Nation" I said. They gasps as they look at us in horror.

It's going to be a very dangerous mission. Since the Fire Nations wanted Aang and I captured, and most likely killed. But we don't have a choice. We've got to do this if we wanna know how to stop this war.

*to be continued*