Chapter 51

Previously on Chapter 50

After a lot of struggle we finally made it through. I breathe heavily and drop on the wooden floor. Aang walks towards me and kneels down. "Wow, sis... you just bended two elements at once. How did you do that?" He said. "No idea..." I said, breathlessly. I take deep breath and try to calm my nerve.

-Going Separate Ways-

Y/N P.O.V

We are now back at the shore. Bato is carrying a small bowl filled with paint. He walks in front of Sokka. He dips his finger into the paint.

"For Sokka, the Mark of the Wise. The mark your father earned..." he said, drawing an arc with a dot. Sokka beamed happily at what he said. Bato moves to Katara.

"Next, for Katara, Mark of the Brave. Your courage inspires us..." he said, drawing a crescent moon on Katara's forehead. Katara smiles happily at him.

"For Aang, the Mark of the Trusted..." he said. He use his thumb to draw an arc on Aang's forehead. I can see guilt shone in his eyes. Bato moves in front of me.

"And for Y/N... The Symbol of Loyalty..." he said. He dips his finger into the paint and draw a symbol on my forehead.

"You are now an honorary member of the Water Tribe" he said

"You are now an honorary member of the Water Tribe" he said. I smile at him and turn to look at Aang. He looks at me with a knowing gaze. I turn to look at the others.

"I can't..." Aang said. "Of course you can!" Katara said. "No, you can't trust me..." he said. He wipe his mark and back away slightly. "Aang, what are you talking about?" Katara said, in worried voice. He take the crumpled paper from his sleeve.

"A messenger gave this to me for Bato. You have to understand. I was afraid you would-" he said. "This is the map to our father! You had it the whole time? How could you?" Sokka said, angrily. "Sokka. He was just afraid that you would leave..." I said. He turns to look at me.

"Oh you knew about this? Are you in it too?!" He said. "What? No!! I tried to talk him out of it and give the map to you... but-" I started, but he cuts me off. "So you didn't think YOU can just talk to us?? But instead you protected your lying brother!" He said. "Sokka... it's... I just... I... I'm sorry..." I said, looking down in guilt.

"Well, you two can go to the North Pole on your own. I'm going to find dad..." he said, turning around to walk away. "Well, Sokka... I think you should-" Bato tried to say.

"Katara, are you coming?" He said, not letting Bato finish his sentence. Katara looks at us for a few seconds. She closes her eyes. "Yes... I'm coming..." she said. She turns around and walks away.

***

"Guess we should be moving on..." Aang said. "That would be best" Mother Superior said. "Good luck..." Katara said. "Okay, you too..." I said, smiling sadly at her. She turns around to join Sokka and Bato. I bit my lips, trying to stop myself from crying.

"I'm an idiot. I'm sorry, sis... you tried to warn me. But I was too selfish, because I don't want them to leave us" he said, as we watch our friends walks away from us. I just look down, letting the tears streams down my cheeks.

"Looks like we're going alone..." Aang said. I nod my head, wiping away my tears. "Looks like it..." I said, in a weak voice. He gives me a pat on my back. I just give him a weak smile.

"Avatars! You must leave!" Mother Superiors said. "I get it! Everyone wanted us gone!" He said, annoyed. I nudge his rib and turns to her. "What happened?" I said. "A group of people came to the abbey looking for you" she said. "Who?" Aang said.

"A fierce looking woman with a horrible monster, and a young man with a scar" she said. "Zuko..." I breathed out. "The beast was using the scent of a necklace to follow you!" She said. I look at her with a furrow eyebrow. "A necklace?" I said. Aang gasps, as he realizes something. "Katara!" he said. My eyes widened in realization. "We gotta help them!" I said. "Appa, yip yip!" He said. We starts to fly. Hang in there guys... we're coming for you.

We reach the Abbey. I can see the monster walking around in circle. I turn to Aang with a nod. I grab my glider. I jump off Appa with Aang following behind me on his glider.

The monster notices me and shoot it's tongue at me. I avoid it, knowing what it's going to do to me if I get hit. The monster throws the people off it's back in the process. I land on the ground and turn to them with a fighting stance. Aang lands next to me.

"You handle the lady and the monster. I'll handle Zuko" Aang said. "Be careful with the tongue... it'll paralyze you if you got hit..." Aang nods his head. "Got it" he said.

The woman and the monster comes at Aang. "Wrong target, dummy..." I said. I blast strong air at them. I jump out when the beast shoots it's tongue again.

I turn to him. "Ahh... now you work with a bounty hunter, huh... I wonder what she'll do if she knows the truth. The same thing with the pirates is going to happen again..." I said. "Shut up!" He yell. He shots a stream of fire at me. I jump out of the way to avoid.

Appa comes forward and fight the monster. I turn to the woman as she use her whip on me. I block each attack with my glider. Until her whip rolls around it and pulls it out of my hands. "That's rude!" I said. I jump out of the way when she use her whip at me again.

The woman and the monster corners me. I stand on a battle stance, ready to fight back. Suddenly, out of nowhere water is falling on the beast. I take a sniff, realizing it's perfume. I turn my head to see Katara is the one bending the perfume.

The monster starts shooting at random directions. I jump and land on top of a roof, far enough from the monster as it starts going berserk. Eventually, the monster climb over a roof and runs away. I let out a sigh of relief and sit down on the roof.

Time-skip

We are now flying in the sky on Appa's back. "So... where do we go?" Aang said. "We're getting you two to the North Pole" Katara said. "Yeah, we've lost too much time as it is" Sokka said.

"Don't you wanna see your father?" I said, surprised at their decision. "Of course we do, Y/N. But you and Aang are our family, too. And right now, you need us more" Sokka said. "And we need both of you" Katara said. I smile happily at them and lunges forward to hug them.

"I wish I could give you a piece of home, Katara... something to remind you" Aang said. "I'll be okay" Katara said, reassuringly. "Still! Just a little trinket. Maybe something like... this?" He said, pulling out a necklace. My eyes widened at what I see. It's Katara's mother's necklace.

"Aang! How'd you get that?" She said. "Zuko asked me to sure I got it to you..." he said. 'What a liar...' I thought to myself, giving him a straight face.

"Aw, that's so sweet of Zuko... could you give him a kiss for me when you see him?" She said. "Sure!" He said, giving her a close-eyes smile. Katara scoots to him and kisses his cheek. He blushes and twiddles with his thumbs. I smile to myself. These two will make a cute couple... I know for sure they will!

*to be continued*