Chapter 47

Previously on Chapter 46

We have to hurry... we don't have much time. The villagers are in danger. It's up to us to save them. I've failed to protect people in the past... I refuse to fail again! No... not this time.

-Protecting The Village-

Y/N P.O.V

We finally reach the village. First, we need to look for Katara. We have to warn her. After that, we have to tell the villagers to evacuate.

"There's Katara!" I said, pointing towards Katara who's waiting in front of Aunt Wu's house. We run towards her.

"Hi Katara..." Aang said, shyly. She turns to look at us with an annoyed face. "Can you believe she's not letting me in?? And after all the businesses I've given her!" She said, complaining. "But she doesn't even charge..." I said.

"I know... but still!" She said. "Well... we have other thing to worry about. Aunt Wu was wrong about the volcano!" Sokka said. I can see Katara looking irked by what he just said.

"Sokka, you tried to convinced me she was wrong. It's going to take an awful lot to change my mind-" she got cut off when the ground begin to shake. I turn my head to look at the volcano.

"Look! That's your proof, Katara. I don't know why I'm not able to sense it coming like I always do..." I said. Katara turns her head to look at the volcano. "Oh no..." she said, in shock.

We go around the village. "Everyone! That volcano is going to blow up any second! Aunt Wu was wrong!" Sokka said. "Yeah, yeah, we know you don't believe in Aunt Wu, Mr. Science and reason lover" a village woman said.

"If you won't listen to him, maybe you'll listen to me. I want to believe Aunt Wu and her predictions as much as you do, but my brother, Aang and Y/N saw the lava with their own eyes!" Katara said. "Well, I heard Aunt Wu's prediction with my own ears" the calm man said. I clench my hands into a tight fist. I jump up and land on top of an awning.

"Please... listen to us!" I said. Aang leaps up and land next to me. "You are all in danger! And we have to get out of here!" Aang said. "You can't rely on Aunt Wu's prediction! You have to take fate into your own hands!" I said. They turn their head to look at us. I can see

Another explosion coming from the volcano. "Look! Can your fortune telling explain that?!" Sokka said. The villagers turns their heads to look at the volcano to see black smokes coming from it.

"Can your science explains why it rains?" A man with red shoes said, with a stupid grin on his face. "Yes! Yes, it can!!" Sokka said, looking irritated by him. I place my hand on his shoulder.

"They just won't listen..." I said. "Yeah... they won't listen to reasons..." Katara said, agreeing with me. "But they will listen to Aunt Wu!" Aang said. "I know that's the problem..." Sokka said. I smile, knowing what my brother is trying to do.

"The problem is about to become the solution..." I said, nodding my head. "We're taking fate into our own hands" Aang said. "True.. but first, we need to borrow Aunt Wu's cloud reading book" I said. Aang grins and nod his head.

"Have I ever say how creepy it is when you finish each other's words?" Sokka said, looking at us back and forth with a creeped out look. "Whatever you say, Sokka..." I said, while rolling my eyes.

***

Aang head inside Aunt Wu's house to get the cloud reading book. We wait outside to keep watch. I lean my back against the wall, as we wait.

Aang soon leave the house. "Come on... let's go now. We have to hurry" he said. I nod my head. I place my finger on my lips and blow on it. Appa comes flying towards me.

"Wow... you have to teach me that" Aang said. "You have that whistle. Why'd you need it too?" I said. He shrugs his shoulders. "Oh come on!" I said. I grab his wrist and pulls him on Appa. Katara get on as well, while Sokka will stay to notify Aunt Wu.

We fly into the sky. I get on Appa's head to control him. While Aang and Katara works on morphing the cloud.

Sokka P.O.V

"Aunt Wu! Look, something is happening in the clouds!" I said, pointing at the sky. "That's very strange. It shouldn't-" she stopped mid-sentence when she looks up.

"Oh my

"Oh my..." she said, horror is evident in her face. I bit back a smirk, knowing we got her now. Now the villagers will listen to us.

Time-skip

"We still can save the village if we act fast!" Aang said. "Sokka has a plan!" I said. Gesturing towards Sokka who's standing on the pagoda.

"Lava is going to flow downhill to his spot. If we can dig a deep enough trench we can channel all the lava away from the village to the river!" He said. I nod my head at him and turn to the village.

"If any of you are earth-benders, come with us!" I said, gesturing towards Aang and I. "I'm an earth-benders!" One of the twin said. "I'm not!" The other said.

"Everybody else grab a shovel!" Sokka said, holding up a shovel. Another explosion occurs, shaking the ground violently. "Come on! We've gotta hurry!" He said.

The crowd disperses very fast. Now desperate to put Sokka's plan into action. Oh... I sure hope we can make it in time. This village is in grave danger. We have to do anything we can, as fast as possible if we want to keep it safe.

***

Everyone works as fast as they can to dig the trench we need to channel away the lava. I use air-bending to blow away the rocks.

I feel the slight change in the air. "Hurry! It's going to blow up any seconds now!" I yelled. As soon as I said that, the volcano erupted. I turn my head to see the lava flowing down.

"Dig faster! Dig faster!!" Sokka said. Everyone keeps digging, trying to speed up their pace. I watch as the lava flows down.

"Everyone needs to evacuate! We'll come for you when it's safe!" Aang said. The villagers starts to run away to safety. I stand next to Aang. Momo and l/n puts a rock by the trench. They land on Aang's and my shoulder. We jump away from the trench.

Another explosion happens. "It's too much... it's gonna overflow!" Katara said. I turn to look at Aang who looks back at me. We give each other a nod and rushes forward.

Aang jumps up in the sky and blow away the lava. I gather a lot of air into my mouth and blow it. In an instant, turning the lava into solid rocks. I let out a breath of relief.

I turn to Aang and smile happily. He smiles back at me. "We did it, Aang! We save the village!!" I said, throwing my arms around his neck. "Yes, sis... we did it..." he said, wrapping his arms around me.

*to be continued*