Chapter 39

Previously on Chapter 38

Even though we're twins, Aang acted as if I'm way younger than him. Aang is such a loving brother to me. I'm so grateful that I'm still given a chance to be around him. He's the only family I have left... I vow to protect him... even if it means I have to sacrifice myself.

-The Yuyan Archers-

Y/N P.O.V

"This should bring your fever down..." Katara said, as she place a wet cloth on Sokka's forehead. Well, long story short... Sokka got a high fever after he got trapped in the storm the other day.

"You know what I love about Appa the most? His sense of humor..." he said, sniffling slightly. "That's nice... I'll tell him" Katara said. Appa lets out a loud groan, making Sokka chuckles. "Classic Appa..." he said, drowsily.

"How's Sokka doing?" Aang said, as he walks closer to us. "Not so good, being out in that storm really did a number on him..." I said, laying down on Appa's arm.

Aang lets out a sigh as he sits down across from us. "I couldn't find any ginger root for the tea. But I found a map. There's an herbalist institute on top of that mountain. We could probably find a cure for Sokka there" he said. "Aang, he's in no condition for travel. Sokka just needs some rest, I'm sure he'll be better by tomorrow..." Katara said. Then she starts coughing.

I jump away in fright. "Not you too!!" I said. "Relax... it was just a little cough. I'm fi-" she got cut off as she starts coughing again. "That's how Sokka started yesterday..." I said. "Now look at him! He thinks he's an earth-bender!" Aang said. I turn to look at Sokka, who's talking deliriously. "Take that, you rock!" He said, while flailing his arm around.

"A few more hours and you'll be talking nonsense too..." I said, turning to look at Katara. She looks like she's about to pass out anytime soon. "I'm going to find some medicine..." Aang said. He grabs his glider and was about to fly as he turns to me.

"You coming, sis?" He said. "Sure... we don't know what's awaiting for us. It's better if we go together" I said, standing up. I grab my glider. But before we could fly, there's a huge thunder.

"Uh, maybe it's safer if we go on foot..." Aang said. I nod my head in agreement. I close my glider too and place it next to Aang's. I turn to look at Appa, Momo and l/n. "Keep an eye on them, guys..." I said. Appa groans, while Momo and l/n starts chittering. "Ha, Ha! You guys are killing me!" Sokka said, laughing hysterically.

"Okay... we better go fast..." I said. Aang nodded in agreement. We turn around and jumps down. Aang use his air-bending to run faster. I use air-scooters, to accelerate my speed.

***

We run up the stairs to a small green house. "Hello, I'm sorry for barge in like this..." Aang starts. "But we need some medicine for our friends, they have fevers and they were coughing-" I tried to speak as fast as I could, but the woman cuts me off.

"Settle down, young ones. Your friends are going to be fine... I've been up here for over forty years, used to be others, but they all left years ago. Now it's just me and Miyuki" she said. She pets a cat, who looks SO adorable! The little cat starts purring, making me awe softly.

"That's nice..." Aang said. "Wounded earth-kingdom still come by now and again, brave boys, and thanks to my remedies they always leave in a better shape than when they arrive..." she said. I turn to look at Aang with a bored face. He returns the same facial expression.

"That's nice... are you almost done?" Aang asked. "Hold on, I just need to add the last ingredient..." she said. She starts to wander around the green house.

"Oh, sandalwood, oh, er, uh, that won't do, banana leaf? Ah nope, uh, ginger root, uh uh, oh where is that pesky little plant?" She said. I let out a sigh in exasperation. Out of the corner of my eyes I see my brother face-palming himself.

"Ah! Plum blossom!" The herbalist said. She pluck out a flower and place it inside the mixture. "Finally! Thank you!" I said, as I try to take it. "Hands off!" She said, smacking my hand with her spoon.

"Ow..." I said, rubbing the sore spot. "What do you think you're doing?" She said, looking at me. "Uh... taking the cure our my friends?" I said, in a question tone. "This isn't a cure! It's Miyuki's dinner. Plum blossom is her favorite..." she said, placing the bowl in front of the cat who begin to eat happily.

"Uh... what about our friends?" Aang asked. "Well, all they need are some frozen wood frogs. There's plenty down in the valley swamp..." she said. "What are we suppose to do with frozen frogs?" I asked. "Why, suck on them of course!" She said. I look at her with a disgusted look.

"Suck on them??" Aang said, making the same face as me. "The frog skin excretes a substance that will cure your friends. Be sure to get plenty because once those little chitters thaw out, they're useless..." she said. "You're insane, aren't you?" Aang said, raising an eyebrow at her.

"That's right! Well, don't just stand there all day... go!!" She said. I flinch and turns around to leave. I hear Aang following behind me. I let out a sigh as the rain starts to fall.

I yelped when a dozen of arrows comes at me. I turn to Aang who have several arrows by his feet. "Uhh.. I think you dropped this..." he said. I turn my head to the source. There's people with red markings all over their faces. Instead of responding to us, they take out another arrow.

"I don't think they dropped it, Aang... run!!" I yelled. I turn around and starts running, with Aang behind me. We jump over the edge and landed on a swamp.

"A frog!" Aang said. I turn to see he's holding a frog, it's frozen solid. I quickly reach inside the swamp to grab several more. I place them inside my shirt. I'd be grossed out by frogs normally, but seeing as two of my friends needs them to feel better I had to.

"Ahhh!!" I yelled in fright, as an arrow manage to pin my sleeve against the log. I turn my head to see a few dozens more. Aang use his bending to send them away.

I use water bending to create an ice wall. But the arrows soon manage to break through, pinning us completely against the log. Out of nowhere a net is thrown at us, trapping us. Okay... this can't be good.

*to be continued*