Chapter 57

Previously on Chapter 56

Zhao turns to look at us. "Now let's see what my old master have taught you" he said. My eyes widened at what he just said. "You were Jeong Jeong's student!" Aang said, with equal shock.

Oh boy...

-Stories of The Air Walkers-

Y/N P.O.V

"You were Jeong Jeong's student!" Aang said, with equal shock. "Until I got bored" he said. I jump out of the way when he shoots fire at me. "Watch where you're aiming that for! You could've burned me!" I said. He ignores me and shoots at Aang, who jumps as well.

He looks at us with an hint of amusement. "I see he taught you how to duck and run like a coward. But I doubt he showed you what a fire-bender is truly capable of" he said. Shooting another stream of fire at us.

"Whoa! Wild shot!" Aang said. "That was close!" I said, agreeing with Aang. Zhao roads in anger. "I'll show you wild!" He yelled. I turn to where he had just shot. "No self-control..." I mumbled. I turn to look at Aang, and by one look I can tell he's also thinking the same. We give each other a nod.

"Stand and fight, Avatars!" He yelled. I turn to him and smirk. "Oh, we were fighting?" I said. "I thought you were just getting warmed up!" Aang said, joining me. "I was!" He said, angrily. He shoots fire at us. I jump towards his boat.

"Is that all you got?! Man, they'll make anyone an Admiral these days. Don't you think so, brother?" I said, smirking. Aang burst out laughing. "Ahoy!!! I'm Admiral!" He said, cupping his mouth to make his voice louder. He jumps out of the way when Zhao, nearly get blasted.

"I don't know why, but I thought you'd be better than Zuko" he said, with a hint of disappointment in his eyes. He quickly lays down when fire is shot at him. "Sloppy... very sloppy" I said, mockingly as I land next to Aang. Zhao shot at us once again. I jump and land behind him. Aang follows in suit. Zhao turns to look at us with triumph on his face. "No where to run, you little smart mouths" he said. I burst out laughing at what he said, as I effortlessly dodge his shots.

"You've lost this battle" Aang said, smirking at him. "Are you crazy? Neither of you have thrown a single blow!" He said. "No, but you have" I said, gesturing to the side. Aang wraps an arm around my shoulder. "Jeong Jeong said you have no restrain" he said. I let out a giggle. We jump into the water. "Have a nice walk home!" I said. We jump into the water.

"Aang! Y/N! Come on! Let's go!" Sokka said. "I'm coming!" I said. We hop onto Appa's back. We fly away. I turn to see Zhao fuming in his burning boat, making me smirk at him.

"Wait! Where's Jeong Jeong?" Aang said, turning to our friends. "He disappeared. They all did..." Sokka said. "Aang, you're burned!" Katara said. I turn to look at Aang to see a burn wound in his forearm. I look at him worriedly.

"Let me help you" Katara said, scooting over to him. She bend water into Aang's arm and breathe softly. The water give a soft glow and when she removes her hand, the wound is healed.

"Wow, that's good water..." Aang said. I roll my eyes at what he said. "Not the water, dummy! Katara have healing abilities!" I said. "Oh... cool!" He said, with a wide grin.

"When did you learn that?" Sokka said. "I guess I always knew" Katara said, shrugging. "Oh, well... then thanks for all the first aid over the years! Like when I fell into the greaseberry bramble. Or that time I had two fishhooks in my thumb!" He said, showing us his thumb. I raise an eyebrow at him.

"Two?" I said. "He tried to get the first fishhook out with another fishhook" Katara said. I burst out into laughter. "Oh, and the time that mink snake bit me! Thanks for healing that up. That was great. Really helpful" he said, sarcastically. I roll my eyes and cover his mouth with my hand.

"Shush... you talked too much" I said. He blushes and gulp, making me giggle and scoot away from him. He clears his throat and starts rambling again. I roll my eyes and turn to look into the distance, with a giggle.

Time-skip

We ended up in a small village and decided to take a stroll around, maybe get some supplies for our next journey along the way.

"Guys, look!" I said, pointing towards a crowd. There is a man sitting in front of the crowd. He seem to be telling a story. "Wanna go and listen?" Aang said. I nod my head eagerly. "Great! Come on!" He said, as he grab my hand to pull me along with him.

"So, travelers. The next time you think you hear a strange, large bird talking... take a closer look. It might not be a giant parrot, but a flying man. A member of a secret group of air walkers, who laugh at gravity, and laugh at those who bound to the earth by it!" The man said, dramatically to add more spice into the story. I grin as I listen, placing my elbows on my knees and my chin on the palms of my hands.

"Aren't air-benders stories the greatest?" Aang said, to the three of us. "Indeed!" I said, nodding my head in agreement. "Was it realistic? Is that how it was back then?" Katara said. "We laugh at gravity all the time, right Aang?" I said. "Gravity..." he said, letting out a soft chuckle. Which makes me laugh as well.

"Jingle! Jingle!" The man said, in front of us. "Uhh.." I said, turning to my friends. Sokka take out his hand from his pocket to reveal a bug, a worm and a few crumbs. "Sorry..." he said. The man looks upset and somewhat downcast. "Aw! Cheapstakes!" He said, walking away.

Aang stands up and runs towards the storyteller who is kneeling in front of a man. "Hey! Thanks for the story!" He said. I stand up and run up to them as well.

"Tell it to the cap, boy!" The man said, shaking his cap behind him as he kneels down in front of the old man. The shaking cause some coins to jump out of it. Momo and l/n picks them up and give it to the man.

"Aww, much obliged. Little bat things..." he said, as he pet the lemurs head softly. "Actually... they are flying lemurs..." I said, smiling. I turn to Aang to see him rummaging through his pocket, but he soon give up.

"It means a lot to hear Air-benders stories. It must have been a hundred years ago your great grandpa met them..." he said. The man turns to look at us with a look of confusion. "What are you prattling about, child? Great grandpappy saw the air walkers last week" he said. He gesture towards the old man, who laughs and waves at us. I let out a gasp of shock.

No way...

*to be continued*