Chapter 40

Previously on Chapter 39

I use water bending to create an ice wall. But the arrows soon manage to break through, pinning us completely against the log. Out of nowhere a net is thrown at us, trapping us. Okay... this can't be good.

-The Blue Spirit-

Y/N P.O.V

I stare at the floor. I'm inside a chamber. With both of my arms and legs chained up. Aang is across from me with the same situation.

I can hear struggling and looks up. "Aang, stop! You will only hurt yourself" I said. "What am I suppose to do then?! We have to go back to Katara and Sokka! I feel worried for them!" He said. "I know! I'm worried for them too! But we have to think carefully! You're only going to exhaust yourself!" I said. He lets out a sigh and slumps in his spot.

I hear the door opens and turns my head to see a man walking towards us. He have a wide smirk on his face as he approaches us. I roll my eyes as he stands in front of us.

"So these are the great Avatars. Master of all four elements. Though I'm still a little curious why there's two of you... and I don't know how you two managed to elude the Fire Nation for a hundred years, but your little game of hide and seek is over..." he said, still smirking. Oh what I'd give to be able to wipe that stupid smirk off.

"I've never hidden from you! Untie me and I'll fight you right now!" Aang said. "Yeah! You're nothing but a coward! You're not even brave enough to face us yourself. You send someone else to do the dirty work for you. While you wait in your comfortable cushion like a little crying baby!" I said, glaring at him.

"Uh, no... tell me, how does it feel to be the only air-benders left? Do you miss your people?" He said. I glare at him, while out of the corner of my eyes I can see Aang lowering his head in sadness.

"You ain't even a part of that attack... you have no right to talk about it as if you know everything. One day, I'll make you pay! All of you!!" I yelled. He stare at me in annoyance and clicks his tongue.

"Such a big mouth. You better watch your tongue as you're in my territory... but don't worry... you won't be killed like they were. See, if you die, you will just be reborn and the Fire Nation would have to start searching all over again. So I'll keep you two alive, but just barely" he said, with a sadistic smirk. Aang takes a deep breath and blows at gale force towards the man. He was sent flying away, making me laugh.

He stands up and growls angrily at him. "Blow all the wind you want, but your situation is futile. There is no escaping this fortress, and no one is coming to rescue both of you" he said, smirking. I roll my eyes.

"Does this room ever get clean? Or is the foul scent is coming from your mouth. If so... your breath stinks!" I said. He growls at me, making me smirk at him. He got no self-restrain. Fighting him would be easy. He clicked his tongue and turns around to walk out of the chamber.

I let out a huff and turn my head to Aang. I can see something moving inside his shirt. Then a few of the frogs starts coming out of his shirt.

"What? No! Don't leave, frogs! My friends are sick and they need you! Please go back to being frozen!" He said, trying to stop them from leaving. "I don't think it'll work that way..." I said. He lets out a sigh and starts to struggle again. He breathe heavily as he knows it's not going to work.

I hear a ruckus outside. I turn my head to the door and furrow my eyebrows, wondering what is going on out there. I jump slightly when the door bursts open. A man with blue mask is standing there. He stares at us for a while. He reaches behind him and pulls out a twin sword.

"Woah, there! Careful with those!!" I said. He ignore me and starts advancing at me. I scream in fear with my eyes close. But instead of feeling pain, I feel the chains loosening. I open my eyes to see the man have cut the chains.

He turns to Aang and do the same. Even though he already saw what the man was doing, he still scream in fear. I shake my head at him and turn to the man.

"Uh... who are you? What's going on? Are you here to rescue us?" I said. He walks towards the door and motion for us to follow him. "Hmm... I'll take that as a 'yes'..." Aang said. I nod my head in agreement and follow the man.

We walk around the corner and hear croaking. I turn my head to see Aang's frogs. Aang turns and notice them too. He kneels down and starts calling out to them.

"My frogs! Come back! And stop thawing out!" He said. "Aang! I still have some! Come on! We don't have much time!!" I said. The man grabs him by his collar and starts pulling him.

"Wait! My friends need to suck on those frogs!!" He whined. I grab his wrist and pulls him along. We run out of the tower. The man leads us to a staircase. He starts climbing up, follow by Aang. I climb up behind my brother.

As we are climbing, suddenly there's a loud sound. "The two Avatars have escaped! Close all the gates immediately!" It sounded like the man inside the chamber with us. "Stay close to me!" Aang said. We start fighting the fire-benders. But there's too many of them.

"Y/N! Catch!" Aang said. I turn to him to see him throwing something at me. It's a spear, but the blade is broke off. I catch it in my hand and use it to fight. Oh how I wish we have our glider. It'll makes our escape a lot easier.

Aang got an idea to use ladders. "Y/N hang on! You, climb on my back!" Aang said towards the man. I grab hold of the ladder in front of him. Aang uses the ladder to propel us off the ground.

"Give me the other one!" Aang said. The man hands him the ladder. But before we even reach the wall, one of the fire-bender burns the ladder. This makes us let go and comes crashing down to the ground.

I let out a groan in pain. No... now isn't the time to black out. We have to get out of here. Katara and Sokka needs is.

We are surrounded once again. They shoot fires at us. Aang push me and the man behind him, as he uses his air-bending to blow the fire away. I stand next to him, to help fight them off.

"Hold your fire! The avatars must be captured alive!" The man said. I turn my head to see the man holds his swords close to Aang's neck. "Hey! What are you doing?!" I said. He ignored me and keeps staring at the man.

"Open the gate" the man said. "Admiral, what are you doing?" An officer said. "Let them out, now!" He said, in a much sterner voice. The gate slowly opens. The three of us instantly backs away, walking out of the place.

I flinch when the man moves to stand in front of me just as an arrow comes at us. The man falls back and lands on the ground with a loud thud. I stare at the man, as he lays there unmoving from getting hit by the arrow... trying to protect me.

I hear footsteps and turns my head. The guards are running towards us. I use my air-bending to make dusts covers us. I turn to look at the man. He still doesn't move. I kneel down next to him.

I hesitate at first, then slowly reach out and remove his mask. I gasp in shock when I realize who the man is.

 I gasp in shock when I realize who the man is

I back away as I stare at the man. Aang have the same reaction. "N-No way...

Zuko

*to be continued*