Chapter 2

Previously on Chapter 1

I shake my head. All these questions are making my head dizzy. I turn to my side and close my eyes. I let myself drift off to sleep.

-Shocking Discovery-

Y/N P.O.V

It's been about a month that I'm here. Apparently this village is called, V/N. It's a beautiful place. But I still miss the Southern Air Temple. But I know that I can't go there... everyone I knew was gone.

I'm giving my bison a bath by the lake. She's huge, it will take a long time to wash her whole body. But I know I have to... or she's going to have flees all over her body.

I pull her over to the shore. She starts to shake her fur, making me cover myself. "b/n!!! You're making me soaked!" I whined. She just groan at me, but it sounded like a laugh. I roll my eyes and use my air-bending to shake the water from myself.

"Anyway... let's go home?" I said. She just hummed. I tie the reign into her horns. I use the wind to get me on her head. "l/n! Come on! Let's go home!" I call out for my lemur. She comes flying and land on my shoulder. Then we start to fly back to the village.

It didn't take long for us to reach the village. We land and I jump from b/n's head, landing smoothly on the ground. I gently pat her head as she lay down on the ground. She licks my face softly, making me let out a soft giggle.

"Ahh... Y/N... I see you're back" I turn around to the sound to see R/M. I smile at him. "Hey, sir! Yeah... I'm back!" I said, bowing at him. He walks closer to me and place his hand on my head.

"You better get some rest..." he said. I nod my head, smiling at him. "Come on, l/n..." I said. My lemur fly and land on my shoulder. Then we walk towards the house I've been staying since I got here. Which is R/N's house.

I place my staff by the desk and walk to the mirror. I take off my headband and observe the scar. It surely will last a long time. I run my hand though the line of scar. My mind drift off to the day of the attack.

Run, Y/N!! Gyatso's voice echoed in my head once again. I've been going through the same thing again and again. If only I can be strong enough... I would have been able to save them.

I feel tears streams down my cheeks, as the guilt in my chest starts to grow. I fall on my knees as I start to cry softly. l/n flies towards me and nuzzle into me, trying to comfort me. I pull her closer to my chest as I start to cry harder.

I stand up and lay on my bed, l/n curl up next to me. "You and b/n are the only ones I have left... promise that we'll always be together, okay?" I said. She just snuggle closer to my arms and chitter softly. I smile softly and close my eyes, letting myself drift off to sleep.

A Few Hours Later

I woke up and realize it's already night time. But due to my long nap, I won't be able to go back to sleep. I decided to sit outside and enjoy the night breeze. I glance at my lemur to see her curling up in a ball as she sleeps peacefully.

I walk past a room and heard noises coming from it. I know eavesdropping is bad, but curiosity got the best of me. I tip toe towards the room and try my best to listen to their conversation.

"How much longer are you going to keep the girl?" I hear one of them said. I an instant I can tell that he meant me. Why are they talking about me?

"Not much longer... I'm just trying to get her to feel comfortable. But don't worry... I've sent a letter to the Fire Nation. They'll be here tomorrow to get the girl. They'll surely pay me with lots of money! I'm going to be very rich!!" Another voice said. I know the voice as R/M's. My hand went up to my mouth as I gasp.

After all these time, I thought R/M actually cares for me. But turns out... he's only taking care of me so he could hand me over to the Fire Nations. I stumble a little and accidentally knocked a vase.

"Who's there?!" R/M said. I use my air bending and speed away towards my room. I lay down on the bed and quickly pretend to be asleep, my back faces the door so he wouldn't see my tensed face.

I hear footsteps coming closer. "Oh you poor girl... I won't need you anymore. You'll going to make me rich! My treasure girl..." he said. I clench my hands into a tight fists, which is under the blanket. Then I hear his footsteps fading away as he walks out of my room. I slowly turn my head to see I'm alone.

I have to get out of here. I abandoned the Southern Air Temple, letting my people die... to get away from the Fire Nations. So there is no way I'm going to let them catch me after my hard work.

I turn to l/n who's still sleeping. I gently scoop her up in my arms. I grab my belongings and my staff. I jump out of the window and runs towards where my bison is.

I walk towards her. "b/n... come on, girl... wake up!" I said. She moves a little and groan out. "Shh!!!" I said, panicking a little. She looks at me with curiosity in her eyes.

"We have to leave this place... we need to leave now. R/M and the others can't be trusted. They all have planned to sell us to the Fire Nations. Come on, girl! Get up..." I said. She gets up. I grab a long robe and quickly tie it around her horns. I quickly place the saddle on her back.

"Hey you!! Get back here!" R/M said. "No!! You're a traitor! I thought you genuinely care about me! You planned to sell me away to the Fire Nation! I trusted you!!" I yelled at him. He drops on his knees. "I'm so sorry... I don't have a choice. Please... my village are dying..." he said. My eyes soften slightly. But I soon realize what he's trying to do. I shake my head and glare at him.

"If you think I'm going to trust you again after what you've done. You are so wrong. You're nothing but a traitor. I may be raised by monks but I'm not going to tolerate such traitorous act. I'm leaving... come on, girl... yip yip!" I said. b/n groans softly and starts to levitate from the ground.

He glares at me and stands up while looking at me angrily. "You ARE not leaving this place!" He yelled. My eyes widened as I saw streams of fire coming towards our direction. I urge b/n to move out of the way and use my airbending to extinguish the rest of the streams.

I turn my head to where the source are coming from. My eyes widened to see The Fire Nations. W-Wait... what?! They're already here?!

*to be continued*