Chapter 66

Previously on Chapter 65

He wipes my cheek softly. "Stop thinking about it, okay?" He said. I just nod my head. He smiles at me and pulls me into a hug. I lean my head against his shoulder, hugging him back.

-Katara's Battle-

Y/N P.O.V

It's the next morning. Katara, Aang and I stand in front of the chief. Master Pakku sits next to him. I didn't look at Katara to know that she's glancing at me every few seconds.

"What do you want me to do? Force master Pakku to take Aang and Y/N back as his students?" He said. "Yes, please!" Katara said, not so nicely. I let out a sigh. That's not a way to ask someone for something. Katara has always been short tempered.

"I suspect he might change his mind if you swallow your pride and apologize to him" Arnook said. "Fine" Katara said. I can see Master Pakku smirking next to Arnook. "I'm waiting, little girl" he said.

"No. No way I am apologizing to a sour old man like you!" She yelled, pointing at Master Pakku. The ice beneath her cracks and two pots breaks. I let out a soft sigh, completely not surprise with her reaction.

"Uhh... Katara?" Aang said. "I'll be outside if you're man enough to fight me!" She challenged him. I can see Princess Yue gasping at what she said. Katara angrily walks away.

"I'm sure she didn't mean that" Aang said, trying to cool down the situation. "Yeah, I think she did..." Sokka said. "I agree with Sokka on this. Knowing Katara... she's dead serious" I said. Aang turns to me with a straight face. "You're not helping, sis..." he said. "What do you expect me to do?? Lie to their faces?" I said. He lets out a sigh, knowing I'm still upset with the way Katara reacts to me last night. I roll my eyes and walk away from there.

***

"Are you crazy, Katara? You're not going to win this fight!" Sokka said, trying to change his sister's mind. "Lay off, Sokka... she's not going to listen to you..." I said.

"Who's side are you on??" He said, turning to me. I shrug my shoulders. "I'm not siding anyone. You act like you didn't know your own little sister. You know how stubborn she is" I said, glaring at Katara. I can see guilt flashing in her eyes. But she just continue to walk.

"I know! I don't care!" She said. She takes off her coat and toss it to Sokka. "You don't have to do this for me and Y/N. We can find another teacher" Aang said.

"I'm not doing this for you two! Someone needs to put some sense into that guy!" She said. I let out a sigh and turn my head to the stairs as Master Pakku walks down.

"So, you decided to show up?" She said. She didn't get any response as Master Pakku walks away. I can see Katara getting ticked by this. "Aren't you going to fight??" She said.

"Go back to the healing hut with the other woman where you belong" he said. Katara use her bending and creates a whip, hitting Master Pakku right on his head.

Master Pakku turns around, looking angry. "Fine... you want to learn to fight so bad? Study closely" he said. He bends two streams of water from nearby pools and sends them both charging at Katara, who falls back. She lands onto a nearby post. He melts the ice and directs the full blast at Katara. She freeze her feet and redirect the blast away.

"You can't knock me down!" She said. I must admit that I'm impressed with her determination. Some of the crowd cheers loudly in return. "Go! Katara!" My brother yelled out.

I just watch them fight in silent. Silently observing and study their movement. Katara is good... even though she's a beginner. So why's she keep feeling threatened by me? I jump out of the way when a stream of water comes towards us, knocking Sokka in the process.

She uses bending and creates a block of ice. She use it to create sharp ice disks at Master Pakku. Which he shatters easily. But one manage to nearly cut him. Master Pakku turns to Katara with an annoyed face.

Master Pakku creates a huge stream of water. He bends it into the sky above and send them to Katara, turning it into frozen daggers. Katara gets trapped in ice prison. She struggles to breaks free from it, but to no avail.

"This fight is over" Master Pakku said, as he walks away. "Come back here! I'm not finished with you!" She said. "Yes, you are" he said. He looks down and picks up something. It's Katara mother's necklace.

"This is my necklace..." he said. "No, it's not. It's mine. Give it back!" Katara said. "I made this sixty years ago for the love of my life, Kanna..." he said. Katara unfreezes the ice as she stares at him with a look of shock. "My Gran-Gran was supposed to marry you?" She said.

"Who's Gran-Gran?" I whispered to Aang. "Her and Sokka's grandmother" he said. "Oh... okay" I said, nodding my head.

"I carved this necklace for your grandmother when we got engaged. I thought we would have a long, happy life together. I loved her" he said. Katara's eyes widened in realization.

"But she didn't love you, did she? It was an arranged marriage. Gran-Gran wouldn't let your Tribe's stupid custom run her life. That's why she left. It must have taken a lot of courage" she said. I gasp at what she said. Out of the corner of my eyes I can see Princess Yue running away, crying.

"Go get her..." Aang said. I watch as Sokka rushes to chase after her. I'm curious what they're going to talk about. I slowly walk away and chases after him.

Time-skip

Sokka approaches Princess Yue at the bridge. She turns around and sees him. "What do you want from me?" She said. "Nothing. I just want to know, I think you're beautiful, and, I never thought a girl like you would even notice a guy like me" he said.

I notice you, Sokka... I thought to myself as I watch them from afar. I stay silent as I continue to observe them.

"You don't understand" Princess Yue said. "No, no. See, that's the thing. I do understand now. You're a Princess, and I'm... I'm just a Southern peasant..." he said.

"No, Sokka..." Princess Yue said. "It's okay, you don't have to say anything. I'll see you around, okay?" He said. He turns around to leave. But Princess Yue quickly grab him and turns him around, kissing him. I let out a shaky breath as I turn around to leave. Not wanting to see that anymore.

*to be continued*