Chapter 52

Previously on Chapter 51

"Aw, that's so sweet of Zuko... could you give him a kiss for me when you see him?" She said. "Sure!" He said, giving her a close-eyes smile. Katara scoots to him and kisses his cheek. He blushes and twiddles with his thumbs. I smile to myself. These two will make a cute couple... I know for sure they will!

-Fire Nation Festival-

Y/N P.O.V

We are currently walking through the forest. I look up to see Momo jumping from trees to trees, while l/n is perching on my shoulder. For some reasons, I can feel someone following us. But when I turn to look at the direction, no one is there.

We walk towards a roadside kiosk. "This should give us a good idea of what's around here..." Katara said. I hear rustling sound and turn my head to see Sokka flipping a bag, only to have a few crumbs.

"See if you can find a menu. I'm starving!" He said, wiping his mouth. "I bet we'll find something to eat here! The fire day's festival!" He said. Momo lands on his shoulder.

I walk towards it and look at the poster. "Let's see... Fire Nations cultural exhibits, jugglers, benders, magicians... I don't know about this, brother..." I said. "Oh, come on, Y/N! This would be a great place for us to study some real fire-benders!" He said. "We barely even Master water yet! Not to mention Earth. I don't think we can just skip elements..." I said.

"You also might want to rethink that. Look at this!" I hear Sokka said, from the other side of the kiosk. We walk towards it. "Hey, a poster of us, Y/N" he said. I raise an eyebrow at him. "Why are you excited? It's a wanted picture of us, dummy" I said, looking at him with a straight face.

"A wanted poster?! This is bad..." Sokka said. Aang removes the poster and starts reading from it. "I think we better keep moving..." Katara said. Aang turns to look at me. "We have to learn fire-bending at some point and this could be our only chance to watch a master's up close" Aang said. I let out a sigh, knowing he might be correct.

"I still think we can't skip elements. But I guess it'll be nice to watch the master's..." I said. "What? You wanna walk into a Fire Nation town where they're all fired up with their... you know, fire?" Sokka said. We make our way towards Appa.

"We'll wear a disguise and if it looks like trouble... we'll leave..." Katara said. "Yeah! Because we always leave before we get into trouble..." Sokka said. I can hear the hint of sarcasm in his voice as he said that sentence. I shake my head and let out a chuckle.

"You guys stay out of sight here while we go to the festival" I said to the two lemurs and Appa. "Ready disguises!!" Aang said. I put on my mask. Sokka and Katara put on a cloak, while Aang uses his shirt over his head.

"It's like you're a whole different person" Sokka said, again with his sarcasm. I roll my eyes while Katara giggles. "Let's go!" Aang said. I shake my head and walk forward.

***

We make our way through the crowd. I look around and notice that everyone is wearing masks. "Hmm... everyone's wearing a mask..." I said. "Y/N's good... but the rest of us gonna need some new disguises" Katara said.

"Where are we gonna get masks like that?" Sokka said. "Get your genuine Fire Festival masks here!" Someone said. "Well well... would you look at that" said, letting out a giggle as nudge Sokka gently. He shakes his head and smiles at me.

"That was surprisingly easy..." he said, looking at me with a smile. We make our way to the stand and the three of them choose a mask. Katara looks at what Sokka and Aang is choosing. Sokka is wearing a smiling face, while Aang wears the one with frown. She reaches out and switch their mask.

"That's better..." I said. Aang turned to me, or I think he is. "What about you? Are you going to keep that? Or change?" He said. "I think I'm going to change it" I said. I turn to the stand and look through. "What about this one, Y/N?" Sokka said. I turn to look at him to see him holding a mask.

"Good one

"Good one... thanks Sokka" I said, taking it from him and put it on.

"How do I look?" I said. "Pretty... I mean... pretty good" he said, with a hint of nervousness. I blush softly at what he said. Thankfully, I'm wearing a mask so he wouldn't be able to see it.

"Hey! There's some food!" Aang said. Sokka quickly runs to the shop. "Finally! What do you have?" He said. "Flaming fire flakes! Best in town!" The man said.

"I'll take 'em!" Sokka said. Sokka eats them and start spasming. "Ahhhh!!! Hot! Hot!" He said. "Flaming fire flakes, hot? What do you expect?" I said, rolling my eyes. I reach in my sling bag and grab the water container. I hand it over to him. He quickly takes it and starts to drink.

"Hey! Look at this!" Aang said. I turn my head to see a small show, with puppets in them. We make our way towards it to watch the show.

"Don't worry loyal citizens! No one can surprise the Fire Lord!" Said the man behind the screen. Then a puppet that represents an Earth Kingdom soldier appears.

"Oh no... behind you!" The kids starts yelling out. Then the puppet breathes fire at the other, lighting it up in fire. Everyone starts to cheer happily at the show.

I roll my eyes at them and turn my head to see Aang looking at a different direction. "Aang, hold on. Where are you going?" I said, making him stop. He turns to me. "I don't know, but there's a big crowd. So it must be good. Come on, Sis!" He said, pointing towards the direction. "Knowing the Fire Nation... it's probably an execution" Sokka said. "Whatever you say, Mr. Grumpy pants" I said, rolling my eyes. I turn my head to the stage.

There's a man blowing Fire and it turns into a lot of pigeons. "I gotta learn that trick!!" Aang said. He's being so excited.

"Thank you! For my next trick... I need a volunteer from the audience!" The man said. "Oh! Oh! Me! Me! Me!" Aang said, jumping around. Sokka pulls his arm down. "What do you think you're doing??" He said. "I want to get a closer look!" He said. "It's better that we don't attract attention to ourselves" Katara said.

"How about you little lady?" The man said, pointing at Katara. "Uh..." Katara stuttered out, clearly not wanting to go on stage. "Awww. She's shy! Let's give her some encouragement, folks!" He said. Katara gets pushed on the stage.

"Awe! That could've been me!" Aang said, jealous as he crosses his arms while sulking. I let out a chuckle and pat his back. I turn my head to watch the show. The man pulls a trick named "Taming the Dragon".

"You will be my captured princess... don't worry young maiden! I will take this fiery beast! It's too strong! I can't hold it!" The man said. "We gotta help her!" Aang said. "No, we don't wanna make a scene!" Sokka said.

"The rope! It's breaking!" The man said. I turn to see Sokka holding Aang. I shake my head and jumps on the stage. I blow strong air, turning it into colorful ribbons. My mask falling off my face in the process.

"Hey! You wanna upstage me, kid?" The man said. Aang jumps on the stage and starts dancing goofily. I gulp when the crowd stare at us. "Hey! Those kids are the Avatars!" Someone in the crowd said, making Aang froze. I can see Fire Nation soldiers walking towards us.

Oh uh...

*to be continued*