Chapter 56

Previously on Chapter 55

Aang groans in frustration. "This is the worst fire-bending instruction ever! All he does is leave me for hours to concentrate and breathe!" Aang said, in an annoyed tone. "Aang! Show respect would you. Be thankful that he still wants to teach us after the way you've been acting all day!!" I said. He just huffed and muttered an apology. Geez...

he's so impatient.

-I Told You So!-

Y/N P.O.V

I breathe slowly, trying to do what Jeong Jeong told us to do. I make sure to not let the fire touch the edges of the leaf. Next to me, Aang is doing the same thing.

My eyes widened when the leaf turns into flame. "I did it!!" I said. "Me too!!" Aang said. I turn to look at him to see him bending a small fire in his hand.

"That's great, guys. But you should take it slow..." Katara said. "I will, Katara... don't worry..." I said, smiling at her. I jump when Aang makes a blast of fire. "Now that's some fire-bending" he said. "Hey!Watch it! You're going to hurt yourself" I said. He ignores me and starts to play with the fire.

"I wonder how that juggler did it" he said. He tosses the fire in the air and spread his arms out. The fire becomes bigger and I duck to avoid it. I hear a cry of pain and turn my head to see Katara hunching down.

"Katara! I'm so sorry!!" Aang said. "Katara!" I said. I jump to the land and check her hands. Her hands is covered in burns. I turn to Aang angrily. I was right from the start. We're not ready for this.

"I told you it's dangerous! I warned you, Aang. We are not ready for this! I warned you that we can't skip elements. But are you listening to me? Nooo! You are too excited and sure that you can pull this of! Now look what happened!" I yelled, gesturing to Katara who is crying in pain.

"Katara! What's wrong?" Sokka said. He looks angry when he sees Katara's hands. "What did you do??" He said, turning to Aang angrily. "It was an accident! I was, uh... Katara, I'm so-" he got cut off as I push him away. Sokka stands and walks towards him. I gently grab his wrist.

"Your sister warned you that you two are not ready! I also told you that we shouldn't mess with this! Look what you did! You burned my sister! If it weren't for  Y/N holding me back right now. I would've... ugh!! This is all your fault!!" He yelled at Jeong Jeong as he walks towards us. "I know! Now pack your things! You must leave... immediately!" Jeong Jeong said.

Katara sobs as she runs away. "Katara!" I call out for her. I turn to Sokka and smile softly. "I'll take care of her, okay? Just go and pack our stuff..." I said. "I'll leave her to you, Y/N..." he said, nodding his head.

He turn to Aang and glare at him. I turn to look at Aang. He have a guilt look on his face. "I'm sorry... I didn't. I'm sorry!!" He yelled, as Sokka and I runs off.

I chase after Katara. I kneel down next to her with my arm around her shoulder. She keeps sobbing in pain. "Katara, try dipping your hands into the water. It might cool the burning off..." I said. She didn't say anything and did as I told.

I furrow my eyebrow when I notice the water glows a little. When she lift her hand, the burns is gone like it wasn't even there in the first place. "Wow..." I said, in awe.

"You have healing abilities. The great water benders of the Water Tribe sometimes have this ability. I've always wished I were blessed like you - free from this burning curse" Jeong Jeong said as he walks towards us.

"But you're a great master. You have powers that I will never know" Katara said. "Water brings healing and life. But fire brings only destruction and pain. It forces those of us burden with its care to walk razor's edge between humanity and savagery. Eventually, we are torn apart..." he said. I feel bad for him. I stand up and turn to him.

"That's true... but fire also bring warmth. As calming as water can get. It can be deadly as well. Like the tsunamis, floods, and others. It's up to us to choose which side we want to be in... and I'm sure you're a great person, Jeong Jeong... Master Jeong Jeong..." I said, bowing at him. He smiles and bows back at me.

Suddenly, a stream of fire is blown our way. Jeong Jeong gets up and take a battle stance. I do the same with him. "Katara... stand behind me" I said. She did as I told, knowing her bending is still weak.

"Go get your friends and flee! Do not come back here or you will be destroyed. Hurry!" Jeong Jeong said. I hesitate a bit. "But..." I said. "Go!! You don't have a lot of time!" He yelled. I blink back my tears, trying not to cry. This is just like when I was told to leave the Air Temple.

I just nod my head and grab Katara's hand, knowing she'd insist on staying and help him. As much as it pains me to leave him... I don't have a choice. We are still lacking in battle experience.

***

We meet up with Sokka. He turns to look at us. He looks so worried. "Katara! Are you alright?" He said, worry is evident in his tone. "I'm fine. We've got to get out of here..." she said. "Where's Aang?" I said, looking around.

Sokka gestures to the cottage. I nod my head and was about to walk forward, but Katara stops me. "I'll go and talk to him. You help Sokka..." she said. I nod my head and turn to Sokka, helping him getting our stuff on Appa's saddle.

In the middle of packing, I saw Aang runs off. "Hey! Where are you going??" I yelled. He ignores me and keeps running. My eyes widened, realizing where he is heading to. "Sorry, Sokka! I gotta help him" I said, jumping off Appa's saddle and runs after Aang.

Aang is facing Zhao. Jeong Jeong is no where to be seen. I stop when I stand next to Aang. I notice Zhao looks angry. "It's a trick. He runs into the woods. Go and find the deserter!" He said. His guards runs off.

Zhao turns to look at us. "Now let's see what my old master have taught you" he said. My eyes widened at what he just said. "You were Jeong Jeong's student!" Aang said, with equal shock.

Oh boy...

*to be continued*

A/N: So sorry for the long wait! I have a lot of things to do! And I've been sick for the past few days. But I'm okay now! More chapters coming up. See ya~