Chapter 36

Previously on Chapter 35

"I'm sorry, Katara..." I said, in a low voice. I open my glider and fly away, following my brother. I can hear Katara yelling for me. But I ignore her and continue to fly.

-The Day Everything Changed-

Y/N P.O.V

I found Aang inside a cave. I land by the entrance and walks inside. "Aang..." I said, in a soft voice. He turns to look at me and instantly gets up, pulling me into his embrace. He hugs me tightly as I feel his body shaking. I wrap my arms around him, hugging him back just as tight.

I rub his back softly as he cries onto my shoulder. I bit my lips, trying not to cry. It's hard for me... but I know Aang had it harder. After all, he is the one the monks claimed as Avatar. While I just found out a while ago.

I hear a groan and turn my head to see Katara. She get off of Appa and walks towards us. I look at her for a few seconds and looks down.

"I'm sorry for running away..." Aang said. "It's okay. The fisherman was way out of line" she said. I shake my head. "Actually, he wasn't..." Aang said. "What do you mean?" She asked, looking surprised. "I don't wanna talk about it..." he said, hugging his knees.

"It has to do with your dream, doesn't it? Talk to me" she said, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Well... it's kind of a long story..." he said. We jump when Momo suddenly flies past us. l/n lands on my lap, she curls up into a ball making me smile softly.

"I'm going to try to get a little fire going..." Katara said. "I'll help..." I said. She smiles gratefully at me. Then we begin working on starting the fire.

***

We're now sitting around the fire. l/n on my lap, and Momo on Aang's. Aang looks so upset. I know what's going on inside his head.

"I'll never forget the day the monks told me I was the Avatar. I was playing with some kids outside the South Wall. I was trying to teach them how to do the air scooter" he said. I remember that day too. He was having so much fun, when the monks called for him to tell him the news. The news that changes his life, along with mine.

Flashback

"First, you got to form the ball. Then you got to get on quick" Aang said, as he gave a little demo for the others to see. The other kids looks excited.

"Okay, here it goes..." one of them said. He forms a ball. After he succeed in forming the ball, he tried to get on. But instead of staying balance, he begin to spun around. In the end, he fell off. Aang gets off of his.

"You kind of have to balance on it like it's a top" Aang said. "Man... it's hard..." the boy said. "It's not hard... you just needed practice" I said. "Why don't you try then?" He said, turning to look at me.

I grin and tried to make mine. I get on top of it. I manage to get on top of it and stay balanced. "Look Aang! I did it!!" I said, grinning. He turns to me and grinned. "Good job, sis!" He said, clapping his hand lightly.

"Where'd you learned that trick Aang?" Another boy said. "I made it up" Aang said, smiling at him. His eyes widened at Aang's response. "Wow!!" He said, amazed.