Chapter 27

Previously on Chapter 26

I let out a giggle and scoot over to him. "Thanks for trying to look out for us, Sokka... but we'll be okay" I said, placing a soft kiss on his cheek. He blushes and looks away from me.

-The Freedom Fighter-

Y/N P.O.V

I'm looking around the forest we're currently camp at, trying to look for my lemur. "Where's Momo?" I heard Aang asked. I turn to look at him. "l/n is also gone... has anyone seen her?" I said. Sokka is sitting next to Katara. They have a bored expression.

"We have to look for them..." I said. Aang nodded in agreement. I make my way further away from our camp. I hear chittering coming from above me. I look up to see l/n. She's inside a trap. Momo is in another trap next to hers.

"Aang!" I said, pointing at our lemurs. "Hang on, Momo!" He yelled. He use his bending and jump up the tree. I do the same for my lemur. I slowly lower her trap. Sokka opens Momo's trap, while Katara opens l/n's.

I hear another yell. I look up to see two other traps. "Alright... you too..." Aang said. He jumps up to help them. I jump up to help too.

"This is going to take forever..." Sokka said. He takes out his boomerang and throw it, cutting all the ropes. "That works" Aang said, jumping down as well. The hog monkeys jumps out of the cage. They climb up the tree and disappear from our sight.

I jump off the tree, using air-bending to slow my fall. We gather around one of the the trap. Sokka kneels down by the cage and inspect it. He runs his hand across the trap's surface.

"These are Fire Nation's traps. You can tell by the metalwork. We better pack up camp and get moving" he said. We get up and make our way back. We pack everything up. I place them on Appa's saddle. Katara hands a bag to Aang, but Sokka grab it from her.

"Uh uh... no flying this time" he said. "What? Why wouldn't we fly?" Aang said. "Just think about it... somehow prince Zuko and the Fire Nation keep finding us. It's because they spot Appa. He's too noticeable" he said. "What? Appa's not noticeable" Katara said.

Sokka turns to her and points at Appa with his point finger. "He's a gigantic fluffy monster with an arrow on his head! It's kinda hard to miss him!!" He said. Appa let out a groan. "It's okay, buddy..." I said, as I pat his fur gently.

"Y/N's right. Sokka's just jealous 'cause he doesn't have an arrow" Aang said. "I know you all wanna fly. But my instinct tells me we should play it safe this time and walk" Sokka said. Katara leans forward and smile sarcastically at her brother. "You made you the boss?" She said.

"I'm not the boss! I'm the leader" he said, pointing a finger at himself proudly. "You're the leader? But your voice still cracks!" Katara said, teasingly. "I'm the oldest and I'm a warrior. So I'm the leader!" He said.

"If anyone's the leader. It's Aang or Y/N! I mean... they ARE the Avatars" she said again. Sokka rolls his eyes at her comment. "Are you kidding? They're just a bunch of goofy kids!" He said. "He's right!" Aang said. I turn my head to see him hanging upside down on Appa's horn.

"Well... I'm not. But I don't wanna be a leader. Well, at least... not yet. I'm still lacking" I said, crossing my arms across my chest. "See?" Sokka said. Katara scoffs annoyed at Sokka. "Why do boys always thinks someone has to be the leader? I bet you wouldn't be so bossy if you kissed a girl" she said. "I've kissed a girl! You just haven't met her" he said. "Who? Gran-Gran? I've met Gran-Gran" she said. I cover my lips, trying to stop myself from laughing.

"No! Besides Gran Gran!" Sokka said, defensively. I just let out a giggle. He glares at me and turn away, sighing. "Look, my instinct tells me we have a better chance slipping through on foot, and a leader needs to trust his instincts" he said. "Okay, we'll try it your way, oh wise leader" Katara said, sarcastically. He let out a huff at her comment.

Aang walks over with a backpack on his back. "Who knows! Walking might be fun" he said. I just grab my bag and starts walking following Sokka. I hear their footsteps behind us.

***

"Walking stinks! How do people even go anywhere without a flying bison!!" Aang said. "Well, I don't know, Aang. Why don't you ask Sokka's instinct? They seem to know everything..." Katara said.

"Ha, Ha, very funny..." Sokka said, sarcastically. "I'm tired of carrying this pack" Aang complained. "You know who you should ask to carry it for a while? Sokka's instinct?" Katara said. "Come on, guys. Quit it. Must you three fight all the time?" I said, turning to look at them. But they just ignore me.

"That's a great idea! Hey, Sokka's instinct... would you mind-" Aang got cut off mid-sentence. "Okay! Okay! I get it! Look guys, I'm tired too... but the important thing is that we're safe from the Fire..." he stops mid-sentence as he walks through a bush.

I turn to where he's looking at. "Nation..." he finish his sentence. In front of us is the Fire Nation. They seem to be camping here. They have bowls in hands. As Sokka as they saw us, they start to shoot fire at us.

"Run!!" Sokka yelled. We drop our bag and runs out of the way. But the fire spread behind us. "We're cut off!" I said. "Sokka! Your shirt!!" Aang yelled. Sokka screams in fear as he notice his shirt get caught on fire. Katara quickly uses her bending to put out the fire.

We get cornered by the Fire Nations. "If you let us pass, we promise not to hurt you" Sokka said, with a brace face on. "What are you doing?" I whispered in his ear. "Bluffing?" He said. "YOU? Promise not to hurt US?" One of the them said, only to get knocked out as soon as he finished talking.

"Nice work, Sokka! How'd you do that?" Aang said. "Uh... instinct?" He said. "Look!!" Katara yelled. I turn my head to look at where she's pointing. A man jumps off the tree and takes down two soldiers using his hook swords.

"Down you go" he said. He's wearing a red shirt. He have a tan skin. "They're in the trees!" Fire Nation soldier said. A young boy jumps from the tree and lands on his shoulder, using his helmet to blind him. The soldier runs around with the boy still on him.

Then arrows starts coming at the soldiers, knocking out some of them. More boys coming jumping down the trees. I quickly join the battle. I knock out a lot of them.

After a while, we finally manage to knock everyone out. The boy that seems to be a leader rushes over to Katara. "Hey..." he said, smiling at her. "Hi" Katara said, looking flustered.

I look around the place in amazement. "Wow... you just took out a whole army, almost single-handed..." Aang said. "Army? They were only like, twenty guys" Sokka said, looking annoyed.

"My name is Jet and these are my Freedom Fighters. Sneers, Longshot, Smellerbee, The Duke and lastly, Pipsqueak" he said. I hear Aang laughing. I let out a laugh too.

"Haha, Pipsqueak? That's a funny name" Aang said, looking at the smaller boy. But the bigger boy leans down to look at him. I instantly stops laughing. Oh... he's Pipsqueak... not the smaller boy.

"You think my name is funny?" He said, his voice is deep and threatening as he looks at the two of us. I gulp nervously. "It's hilarious!" Aang said. Are you serious, Aang?! You're asking for trouble!

But to my surprise, Pipsqueak starts laughing. I let out a nervous laugh. While Pipsqueak and The Duke laughs. He lift his hand, hitting Aang on his back. He got sent flat on the ground.

"Ouch... that's gotta hurt a lot. Are you okay, Aang?" I said, worriedly. He just raises his head and starts laughing again. I shake my head and laughs as well. I know he's intimidating... but that was funny, not gonna lie.

*to be continued*