Chapter 23

Previously on Chapter 22

In front of us stood Avatar Roku himself. He smiles at the two of us. "Young Avatars... we meet... at last. I believe you have faced lots of difficulties during your journey here..." he said. "Avatar Roku..." I said, staring at him in shock.

-Answers-

Y/N P.O.V

"Avatar Roku..." I said. "Hello, Avatar Y/N" he said, smiling at me. Aang steps forward to stand next to me. "Is there anything you'd like to tell us?" He said. "Yes... you have a very important mission ahead of you..." he said.

"Is it about that comet your dragon showed us in our vision?" I asked. "Yes... you see... that isn't a normal comet. It is the same comet used by Fire-Lord Sozin to start a war 100 years ago..." he said. I turn to Aang with a worried look.

"Now listen carefully, young Avatars... you must be able to master all four elements before the comet arrive. When that comet arrive... Fire-Lord Ozai will use it to gain a very immense power to take over the war. Once that happened... no one can stop them" he said.

"But... we're just kids! I'm not sure if we'll be able to master them..." I said. "I'm sure you can... the whole world is counting on you. On both of you..." he said. I remember something after he said that.

"Avatar Roku..." I said. "What is it, Avatar Y/N?" He said, turning his eyes to look at me. "The monks said that Aang is the Avatar. Then not long ago, I found out that I am the Avatar too. How is that possible?" I said.

"It seems... during the reincarnation processes. My soul split into two... each one of you holds half of my soul since you were both born as twins. But you two are able to master four elements as equal as any of the previous Avatars. You two will be the strongest ones of our kind. Together, you two will be stronger and unstoppable. So you must not let anything tear you apart. You MUST work together to stop this war. Do you understand?" he said, sternly. "I understand" we said together.

"One more question?" I said. "Of course..." he said. "If we both have half of you. Why am I different from Aang? I notice that I've been able to sense anything that happened BEFORE it actually happened or is currently happening, I can sense that just from the slight changes on the air" I said.

"I'm afraid I don't know about that one, Avatar Y/N. Over time, I'm sure you'll find the answer... but now. You two must carry on with your journey. You need to learn the elements in orders. Since you're both air-benders... you need to Water, Earth and Fire..." he said. We nod our heads in understanding.

"Our time is running out... you two must go..." he said. I feel something and close my eyes. "There's a lot of fire-benders outside..." I said. "Yes... it seems you have trouble waiting for both of you... I'm going to assist you. Only if you're ready" he said. I turn to Aang as he looks back at me. "I'm ready..." we said together.

3rd P.O.V

The fire-benders are waiting outside of the room. All ready to attack as soon as the two Avatars comes out of the room. They have no where to run.

The machine on the door starts creaking, meaning the two Avatars are about to come out. "Ready your fire!" Commander Zhao exclaimed. "No!! Aang!!! Y/N!!!" Katara yelled, both in fear and worry for her friends.

"Now!!" Commander Zhao exclaimed. The soldiers do as he said. But instead of hitting the two Avatars, the fire moves in circular motion. It's like someone is bending them.

Once the fire is cleared. There are two figures there. Y/N and Avatar Roku. Everyone gasps in shock at the sight of the previous Avatar who died 100 years ago.

"Avatar Roku..." Shyu said, staring at his previous master in shock. Avatar Roku starts destroying the entire tower, sending the fire-benders running away in fear for their life's.

"Come on, Katara! We have to go!" Sokka said. "Not without Aang and Y/N!" Katara responded, turning to look at both of her friends. 'If Y/N is there... where is Aang?' She thought to herself. Once there's a lot of lavas in the floor.

The air swirls around Avatar Roku. Once it's cleared, Aang is standing at his spot. Y/N also get out of her Avatar state. Katara quickly rushes forward to get Aang. Sokka follows her lead and help Y/N. They run for the stairs only to realize it's been covered in lava.

They run towards an opening in the wall and looks out. They're too high up to jump. But if they stay they'll die. Just as they're about to lose hope, a loud groan can be heard. They turn their heads and see Appa. They quickly jumps on Appa's saddle and fly away.

Y/N P.O.V

I lay on Appa's saddle, breathing heavily. Wow... I didn't know that going to the Avatar state would be so exhausting. Is this what happened all those times? No wonder I passed out each time.

"Are you feeling okay?" Katara said, looking at me. I nod my head. "I'm alright... just tired. You okay?" I said, turning to look at Aang. But he looks deep in thought. I move to sit up and crawl over to him.

"Hey!" I said, into his ear. "AHHHH!!" He shrieked, jumping away and breathes heavily.

I blink at him and burst out laughing

I blink at him and burst out laughing. He gulps and regained his composure. Then he crosses his arms across his chest and looks at me with a straight face.

"What did you do that for?" He said. "Well, you were ignoring me. So you only have yourself to blame!" I said, sticking my tongue out at him. He scoffs and roll his eyes.

"So... did you find out why there's two Avatars?" I hear Sokka asked. I take a deep breathe, trying to stop myself from laughing. After a few breathing, I finally calmed down.

I turn my head to look at Sokka and nod my head. "Yeah... Avatar Roku told us that since we're twin. His soul split into two. So the two of us each holds half is his soul" I said. "Half?" He said. "Yeah... but even so. He said that we'll be able to master all the elements as strong as our previous life's. So we'll be the strongest Avatar to exist..." I said. "Cool..." he said, in amazement.

"That's not all Avatar Roku told us. We also have some bad news..." I said. "What news, Y/N?" Katara said, looking worried. "Avatar Roku said the two of us need to master the other elements before the next comet arrives. Which is by the end of Summer. If we fail... we won't be able to stop the war and the Fire Lord will succeed in taking over the whole world" I said.

"First we need to learn water... then earth and fire" Aang said. "We have to go to the Northern Water Tribe as soon as we can to start learning the water element..." I said. "She's right. We have no room for mistakes. The whole world is counting on us..." Aang said. Katara and Sokka nods in agreement.

*to be continued*