Chapter 38

Previously on Chapter 37

As hard as it is for me to take in. She was right. It was meant to be this way. If Monk Gyatso hadn't helped me escape... if Aang hadn't ran away. We would both be dead... and there won't be Avatars to save the world.

-The Storm-

Y/N P.O.V

I'm just staring into the fire. I'm too scared to sit too close to it. I just sit close enough so I'd feel warm. If I'm too close to the heat, I would start remembering the day of the attack. The day I lost my home and my people.

"Help! Oh please help!!" I heard someone said. I can hear the panic in the voice. I turn my head to see the fisherman's wife. Katara stands up and rush to her.

"It's okay, you're safe..." she said, leading the woman closer to the Fire so she could warm herself. "But my husband isn't" she said. "What do you mean, where's Sokka?" Katara said. I can see panic in Katara's face.

"They haven't returned! They should have been back by now. And this storm is becoming a typhoon! They are caught out at sea!!" She said, as she begin to cry. Aang nods his head in determination.

"I'm going to find him!" He said, standing up. "I'm going with you!" Katara said. "Me too!" I said. "I'm staying here!" The woman said. We get on Appa and fly away towards the sea.

"You seen this coming, Y/N?" Katara said. "No! But I have a feeling... I didn't know it's going to be THIS big! We better find them soon!" I said. "Where are they..." Katara said, looking so worried.

"Over there!" I said, pointing at the direction. Aang turns Appa to head over there. "Here, Y/N. Hold this" he said, handing me a rope. I hold it tightly as Aang jumps into the boat.

He hands the rope to Sokka and the fisherman. They grab hold of it. Aang jumps back on Appa and pulls them. They're sent flying onto Appa's saddle. They grin at each other.

"Aang!" I screamed, seeing the huge wave in horror. Aang turns around and try to get Appa to get out of the wave. But it's too huge for us to fly above it. In the end, we got crashed by the wave and sent under the sea.

I hold onto Appa's saddle. I hold my breath as I look around. Everyone is holding onto Appa, trying their best to not get drifted away. Aang looks at me and nod his head. The two of us went to Avatar state together.

We form a huge dome around us

We form a huge dome around us. Then we fly out of the water.

I turn my head and notices Zuko staring at us. He just stood there, not doing anything as he watches us fly away. I shrugs my shoulder and turn away.

***

We reach the cave. I help the fisherman to climb off of Appa. We walk inside the cave. "Oh you're alive! You owe this kids some apologies!" His wife said. "He doesn't have to apologize..." Aang said. I nod my head in agreement.

"What if, instead of an apology, I give him a free fish and we call it even?" The man said. "Actually, I don't eat meat..." I said. "Me neither..." Aang said. "Fish ain't meat!" Fisherman said. "What we meant... we are vegetarians... so we don't eat animal base food. We only consume plants..." I said. "Oh..." he said, in realization. I just smile at him.

"Seriously, you're still going to pay me, right?" Sokka said, walking towards the fisherman with his hand outstretched. The fisherman places a fish on his hand. He sulks that he got fish instead of money. I cover my mouth as I let out a soft giggle.

I turn my head to see Aang and Katara. I walk over to them and wrap my arm around Aang. He wraps an arm around me, returning my embrace. I smile at him and turn to look at Katara.

"Katara, I think you were right before. I'm done dwelling on the past..." Aang said, smiling at her. "Really?" Katara said. "I can't make guesses about what would have turned out if I hadn't run away. I'm here now and I'm going to make the most of it..." he said.

"Now that's the Aang I know!" I said, grinning. He let out a chuckle and hugs me. "I don't think you're gonna have those nightmares anymore..." Katara said.

"Did you hear that? It stopped raining!" Sokka said, sounding excited. I smile and pull away from Aang. We walk out of the cave and smile as the sun begins to shine.

Suddenly water starts falling on us. We screeched and huddle up in one spot. We turn around, only to see Appa shaking his fur. "Appa!!" Aang whined. I let out a laugh, until eventually everyone starts to laugh.

Time-skip

The fisherman and his wife ended up giving us a place to stay for one night. His wife cooks us some meal, which we gratefully eat. Everything tastes so good!

"You were right kid... is it your Avatar thing?" I hear the Fisherman asked. I turn to look at him to see he is looking at me. Which means he's talking about me.

"About what?" I asked. "When you said there were going to be a storm. You warned me about it, yet I start yelling at you... you and your brother deserve an apology..." he said. I just smile at him.

"We did turn our back on the world... but we're here now. That's what matters. We will fight and try our bests to restore balance to the world..." Aang said. I nod my head. "We promise" I said. Aang smiles and pat my head, lovingly.

Even though we're twins, Aang acted as if I'm way younger than him. Aang is such a loving brother to me. I'm so grateful that I'm still given a chance to be around him. He's the only family I have left... I vow to protect him... even if it means I have to sacrifice myself.

*to be continued*