Chapter 15

Previously on Chapter 14

"I don't know what we'll face tomorrow. But let's all hope for the best, okay?" I said. "Yeah..." they said. I turn to my side. l/n jumps to the bed next to me. She curled up next to me. I caress her fur gently. I close my eyes, letting myself drift off to sleep.

-Trials-

Y/N P.O.V

"Wake up, Avatars" someone said. I open my eyes. The first thing I realize is Katara and Sokka is not here. I turn my head to see Aang still asleep. I stand up and walk over to him.

"Aang! Wake up!! Katara and Sokka is gone!" I said. He jumps awake and looks around. He notices the guard and turns to look at him. He glares at the man in front of us.

"Give us back our friends! We're leaving!" He said. "We knew you will not participate willingly... so we will be holding your friends in captive. If you want them back, you better cooperate..." he said. Aang and I look at each other. I let out a sigh, knowing we have no choice.

"Your staff please..." he said, holding his hands out. I use my air-bending to propel my glider into my hand while Aang uses his feet. We tossed our glider over to him. He gestures us to follow him.

"Come on, Y/N... we have no choice. We have to do this if we want to save Katara and Sokka" he said. I nod my head in agreement. Then the two of us walk out of the room.

The guard leads us to the room we first got here. The Earth King is sitting in his throne, waiting for us to reach him. "Ahh... Avatars... welcome" he said. I just cross my arms across my chest.

"You two will be facing trials set by me..." he said. I shake my head. "Enough with the games! We want our friends back!" I said. He frowns at me. "I figured you would say that. So I prepare a little gifts for your friends..." he said. I hear a sound and turn my head to see Katara and Sokka.

They have their hands being held by the guards who places a ring-like crystal. "Those are called genamite or better known as growing crystal..." the Earth King said. As soon as he said that, the ring starts to grow.

I clench my hands in frustration. "Fine! We'll do all your trials!" I said. He smirks at our answers. Then he leads us to a room. There's a waterfall. I can see something dangling inside it.

"I lost my lunch box key... and I'm really hungry. Oh look! There it is... would one of you fetch it for me?" he said, turning to look at us. "Who'll be doing this one, Aang?" I said, turning to look at Aang.

"There's so many sharp rocks... I'll go" he said. I just nod my head. He jumps over the ledge. He uses his air-bending to get inside the waterfall. But the water current is too strong, that he got send back out.

His face when he slides down is funny. But it's not the time to be laughing. "Aang! Use your mind!!" I yelled. As he got send back out the second time. He held onto the rock. He looks at it and smirk.

He breaks it. He throws it into the waterfall, using his air-bending to accelerate the speed. The chain holding the key broke and it lodged itself on top of Earth King's head.

"There! Enjoy your lunch! Give us our friends back!" He said. "Not just yet! I lost my pet, Flopsie... I want you to find him for me..." he said. I let out a sigh as he leads us to a different room.

"This time I'll go..." I said. "Yeah... you're better at handling animals..." he said. I jump into the place. I notice a bunny with long ears. "I found him!" I said, turning to look at the Earth King. "Bring him to me!! Daddy wants a kiss from Flopsie" He said. I turn to the bunny.

"Flopsie... come here little guy..." I said. I walk up to it. I hear a loud thud from behind me and turn my head. There's a huge goat gorilla. "Uhh..." I said out of nervousness.

I turn around and try to catch the bunny. But it runs away. "Flopsie! Come back!!" I yelled. It went into a hole. I try to grab it. Then I realize something.

"Wait a minute..." I said. I stand up and turn to look at the goat gorilla. "Flopsie?" I said. He speeds over to me, making me flinch. But he suddenly stops in front of me. He picks me up in his arms, making me yelp. I realize he is indeed the pet. I smile and pat his head.

I hear Earth King whistle. Flopsie drops me, making me land on my butt with a loud thud. I groan in pain as I rub my sore butt. "Sheesh..." I said. I stand up and walk back to the stadium. I jump and landed on the porch.

"Are you guys okay?" Aang said, turning to look at Katara and Sokka. "Other than the fact that we have this crystal slowly encasing our body. Yeah... we're fine..." she said. I turn my head to see how Sokka is doing. A crystal grows on one side, making him fall over. I wince and turn to look at the Earth King who is still playing with his pet.

"Can we have our friends back now?" I asked. "Oh... you have one more trial to face..." he said. "Oh! You have GOT to be kidding me!" I said, face-palming. I just huffed. "I'm ready for your next trial" Aang said, making Earth King smirk.

This time he leads us to an arena. There's two other guy standing behind him. He wants us to choose our opponent to fight. This time Aang and I will be doing this trial together.

I turn to look at Aang to let him choose who we're going to fight. "So... uhh... we get to fight whoever we choose?" I said. "Choose wisely..." he said. I turn to look at Aang. He looks like he's thinking about it. "I choose... you" he said, pointing at the Earth King.

He laughs at his choice. "Wrong choice..." he said. I can feel nervous growing in me as I watch him stand straight. His clothes comes off his body to reveal his huge muscular body.

He use his earth-bending, throwing Aang and I into the arena. He jumps and lands in front of me with a wide-grin. I just stare at him in horror.

This isn't a frail looking old man!! This is a huge man with huge body. How are we going to fight him?! Aang... you're going to be the dead of us. Oh dear Spirits... we are in so much trouble.

*to be continued*