Chapter 20

"Y/n...don't leave me...." he said on the verge of breaking down. I halted at my spot.

'Why is my heart pounding? Why I am getting flustered? Why is he getting emotional?'

"I..am not leaving you. I am just going downstairs. If you want, you can come with m-"

"N-not that." he said and I frowned. "I-I know..I am being an-annoying and it's..it's hard and exhausting for you. But please don't leave me..." he gulped, "I hate when people lea-"

I held his hand in mine. "Who said you are being annoying? There's no one else living with us to tell you that. And I won't leave you okay? You are my friend." I said when it was hard to say a friend.

Why?

He smiled but there were still tears in his eyes.

"Geez, Chan don't cry." I said and wiped his tears again.

"I- look so-so vul-vulnerable like this ri-right? I look pathetic. I-I hate showing my this side to anyone. You must think I-"

"Nothing. I think nothing Chan. It's fine to be vulnerable. It will take time but please don't think I am annoyed or I feel low for you." I started convincing him.

"I know but I am a boy here. I shouldn't be like this. I know its hard to handle all these things for you." he said looking down clearly ashamed of himself.

"So what if you are a boy? Can't guys cry? They don't have feelings? And I am strong enough to handle you. Also I don't have any place to live. Let me live here with you." I began to become silly now.

He giggled. "That's nice. That means you can live here for a longer time."

"Yes, I can. Now shut up and lie down here. I will get you something to eat." I said and went to the kitchen.

I clenched the fabric near my heart and shut my eyes. "What's happening with me? Why do I panic whenever he talks like this? Why does it hurt so much watching him suffer like this? It's because it's my job and I hate seeing people suffer right? I never felt this way before. Bang Chan what are you doing to me? I am just your caretaker and more than that just your friend." I mumbled under my breath.

It took me few minutes to prepare hot chocolate and few other snacks for him. I placed all the dishes in a tray and walked to his room.

'This big house is gonna make me loose my weight.'

"Here. Eat up." I said placing the food in front of him.

He stared me blankly. Again I felt my cheeks burning.

'Chan look away.'

I gave him a questionable look and slowly he lifted up his right hand.

"Gosh I forgot about this." I laughed slightly which caused him to giggle too.

"So sorr-" before he could finish I shove the food in his mouth.

"You talk a lot. Just eat now." he ate it.

He was refusing to eat but I insisted and filled his stomach with all the food. I then took out his medication from his bedside and handed it to him. The meds were drugs itself...

Withdrawal can be sometimes fatal too. We can't keep the addict away from drugs until he's loosing his life in front of us. We can't take away the drugs at once. The meds were drugs but it won't make the person high.

I handed him the pill and he chugged it with water down his throat.

"I think I owe you a lot." he said.