Chapter 48

The house was left at silence. No one dared to say anything. The information was lot to take in for every single being there. Y/n's mind was just filled with worries about Chan and visa versa with him. Chan felt like killing himself again. He was again blaming himself for all the events. When he thought that it was all going to be fine, suddenly his hopes were crashed.

The oldest among them, Dr. Sungho decided to speak. "Kids, don't be quite. Chan, Y/n don't hold back. It's not good." he said controlling his tears.

The doctor then walked towards Y/n and knelt in front of her. He welcomed the girl in his embrace as she cried on his shoulder. Taehoon got up from his place and sat beside Chan.

"Ch-Chan..?" he rubbed Chan's back. Chan looked up at him. His face was showing no expression, it was blank.

"Chan let out. Your heart is beating fast." Taehoon said as he sensed Chan's heart rate.

"I-I ne-need s-some ti-time alo-alone." he said. Others let him go to his room because he was surly not in a state of talking things out. Few minutes passed and Y/n stopped crying. The doctor broke the hug.

"Y/nnie look here." he asked and the girl slowly looked up at him.

"Honey you are safe now. No one will dare you hurt you hmm? We are here, Chan..he won't tell you to stay away from him. Please don't cry." he pleaded. "I have to talk to Chan. He looks hurt a lot. I have to talk to him. Also he's been alone in the room for minutes now." he added.

Y/n understood and finally left the doctor just to hug Taehoon. The boy hugged her in a way as if she was a new born baby. A very delicate one. Y/n closed her eyes. She snuggled in his chest as she relaxed in his arms. The doctor watched her in sad eyes and got up to go to Chan's room. He knocked his room but Chan didn't answer. The door was locked. He knew it so he removed spare keys and opened the door.

Chan's room was dark. Chan had switched off the rooms lights as well as the curtains were closed so there was no source of light entering the room. Dr. Sungho walked carefully towards the switch board and turned on the lights. He then searched for Chan. He was sitting on the floor while his back resting on the edge of the bed. He was staring at the ground with no expressions on his face. The doctor sighed and sat beside him. He placed his hand on Chan's shoulder and pulled him in a side hug.

"Chan, my boy what are you doing in the dark room huh? It's bad to sit like that." he tried to light up his mood but failed.

"I don't deserve this." Chan's voice cracked.

"You sure don't. You deserve a more bright future other than this dark r-"

"I don't deserve you, I don't deserve Y/n, I don't deserve my parents, I don't deserve my family, I..I don't deserve a living, I just deserve to di-"

"Shh shut up Chan. Don't say that you don't deserve us. You deserve the whole world dear."

Chan finally looked at the doctor in his eyes. Tears started falling and Dr. Sungho's heart ached for him again. Chan shook his head lightly. "I don't. See what I did to Y/n? I-"

"Chan stop." the doctor cut his words off. "I know it happened again but again it's not your fault. It's no ones fault and the one who should be blamed is Daehyun. No one else."

"When- thi-this happened to Hee-heejin, she left me..a-and now Y/n will.." he said leaving soft sobs.

"Chan look, I know its hard for you but please don't break down like this. Y/n hid this from everyone of us just for you. Just because she didn't want to leave or loose you. Before coming here, her uncle and his family broke relations with Y/n. She know how it feels when people go away form you. She have experienced this since her childhood. She will never do what Heejin did Chan. She always wish good for you, she always wants you to be safe. Now if you ask her to go away even if it's for her sake, she will be hurt. Right now Y/n is not in a good state of mind. She needs you. You always say that you want to payback to me right?"

Chan nodded slightly.

"Then please be strong and look after Y/n for me. Don't be broken, don't think you should die, don't ever think that...for me and Y/n. Will you?"

Chan cried and hugged the man. Chan nodded in agreement. He then knew why Y/n did that, why she hide that and what she needed at the moment, he understood everything. He hated when something happens to someone who is close to him. In Y/n's case he became extra sensitive.

She was always there for her, she always takes a great care of him. She alwas embrace him when he need comfort, when he need a shoulder to cry on, when he need to vent down..there was always Y/n. Even if she was living with him for just few weeks, she was close to him. She listened to Chan's stories for hours without complaining, she handled Chan like a delicate feather, she watched over him as if he was the most precious thing and he really was for her.

"I will help her. I will keep her safe." he said after breaking the hug.

"Good Chan. I'm so proud of you."

Chan wanted to do everything Y/n did and do for him. He made up a mind to keep her safe no matter what. He was ready to do anything for her. He was still confused about his feelings but Y/n is someone he cherish. She is someone who became close to him in a very less span of time. That's what make her presence important in Chan's life.

Afternoon passed. Micha prepared food for everyone. Y/n and Chan still haven't met each other. They both stayed in their own room. Y/n didn't want to hear that Chan wants her to leave despite everyone telling her he won't. Chan still wasn't able to face her.

Y/n was sleeping in her room with Micha sitting beside her. Chan, Taehoon and Dr. Sungho were in Chan's room.

"Chan are you fine now?"

"Yes I am. Thank you Taehoon."

"For?"

"Thank you for reaching there on time or else I don't...I don't know what would have..." Chan sighed.

"Chan please don't think that and sorry that I let her alone. Micha was nauseous I at that moment I didn't think...I-"

"Boys calm down right now. We all should try to forget the incident rather than bringing up and feeling guilty or anything. We have to be strong for Y/n remember that." the doctor reminded.

After spending few more hours there, the three guest decided to go back.

"Are you sure Chan? Will you be able to handle her by yourself?"

"I have to doctor, don't worry and I will ask help when I will need one." Chan said.

"Fine then. Come here." the doctor stretched out his arms and Chan gladly accepted the hug. "You are strong. So proud of you. Don't worry she won't leave you and you too don't think of doing something wrong alright?"

Chan simply nodded and after breaking the hug, the three drove off back to their places.

—————————★————————

I started writing chapters now..
So maybe one chapter per day? 😶So sorry...

Thank you for reading ❤️