Chapter 22

I stirred in my bed and finally woke up. I glanced at the clock and it was still 3 am. I decided to go back to sleep but I was thirsty. I reached to the nightstand but there wasn't my water bottle or anything. I sat up on the bed and rubbed my eyes.

'Aish why now? I am sleepy...But I am thirsty. What to do?' I mumbled.

"What to do Y/n?? Why did you forget to keep water here today?" I scolded myself.

'Oh right after returning home I directly came to sleep. Ahhh I am sleepy don't wanna go down.' I whined but finally decided to go for the late night or early morning water hunt.

I walked to the kitchen with my slumped shoulders. Carefully not wanting to fall and roll on these stairs. Finally I reached the kitchen and opened the fridge to take out a water bottle. While chugging it, I heard something. That something was melodious, calm, cheerful, beautiful voice.

"Who's voice is this? Are there ghost in this house? Should I call Chan-" it clicked. The voice was coming from the room beside the kitchen which was Chan's studio.

"Chan is practicing? Is he making music? Oh my god." A smile found its way on my face. It felt so nice to know this. He was finally deciding to resume his passion?

I didn't want to spy or disturb him so I sat down in front of the door of his mini studio.

'His voice ahhh is he an idol?' I thought.

He was now playing the guitar and was singing simultaneously some song which I have heard before. I was so drowned in his voice that I leaned my back on the door and closed my eyes.

And suddenly I was lying down.

"What are you doing?"

I then realized Chan opened the door and I was lying in his studio. I quickly closed my eyes and got up. I abruptly left his studio and went out. Chan followed me.

I was basically running away but Chan held me by my arm.

"What?" he asked all confused.

"I- Ch-chan I wa- I wasn't g-going to b-"

"Why are you shuttering?"

I panicked. "I wasn't going to eavesdrop I swear. I was here just to drink water but I heard a voice and then realized you were singing. I didn't see anything in that room other than the ceiling okay? I would have left if your voice wasn't good but it's so catchy, peaceful, nice, melodious that I don't even know when I sat here. I promise that wasn't intentional. My brain ugh my-"

"It's okay it's okay Y/n relax." he started laughing and I looked at him blankly.

Again his laugh!

"So you are not mad right?" I worriedly asked.

"Umm...nah I am not."

"Hush. I thought-"

"My blood would boil and I will get mad at you? For listening my voice?"

"Yes I thought because you said you weren't comfortable to show me your music." I said slightly pouting.

"I am not ready to show you my own music but I didn't say, I would not let you hear my voice."

My eyes widened and a small smile was formed on my face again.

"Really? It won't be uncomfortable or embarrassing right?"

"Not after you complimented me so much." he said while smiling.

"When did I- ohh yeah I did compliment you."

"And thank you for that. I sang after a very long time so I wasn't sure if it was good or not but after what you said, I am relieved."

"Not gonna lie, for a moment I thought I was listening to an idol."

"Aye now this is embarrassing."

"Come on its not. Oh can you continue your practice? I wanna hear it." I asked with hopes but he looked towards his studio.

"Chan, not there. We can sit in the living room." I assured. I am ready to give all the time he needs to get comfortable in showing me his studio. Yes I was curious but Chan is more important than my curiosity.

"Great let's go." he said and we waked happily towards the living room.

He sat on the sofa chair and I sat on the sofa.

"So, miss what do you want me to sing for you?" Chan and his habit of getting formal in a friendly way out of nowhere.

"Anything you want mister." I did the same.

"Hehe I love this." he said referring to our tone of speaking.

"But is your hand okay? Doesn't it pain while playing the guitar?"

"It's bearable Y/n."

He thought for a while and finally decided to sing a song. And then he started playing his guitar with the smile still plastered on his handsome face.

Y/N WHAT THE-

AND HE WAS THEN SINGING 'I'M YOURS' BY JASON MRAZ!

I wanted to scream because it's one of my favourite song. He sang it too beautifully. Then he started singing 'Tenerife Sea' by Ed Sheeran. Again my favourite song. His voice! The way he was singing that song oh god Chan stop or else I will fall for you.

Just thinking of falling in love with him gives me butterflies in stomach, blush creeps on my face. Thanks to god he's singing so he can't see my rosy cheeks. He's just playing the guitar but he's messing with my heart strings. His voice is making me relax and lost in it. His twinkling eyes right now, makes him look like a child and the way he's sitting, makes him ten times tinier. It's night time, it's dark but it feels as if his moon like face was brightening the whole world. Its brightening my whole world. He's so into the song that it makes me happy thinking he's happy right now. I keep asking myself why I want to stay with him even though it gets sometimes hard on me but, his happiness is slowly becoming mine. His insecurities, his worries are everything I want to change thinking they are all mine. I want to erase all his dark memories and make beautiful, loving and everlasting memories with him. He's that frail bud which is ignored by this cruel world. I want to hold it lightly and make it bloom into a beautiful flower.

And the moment I wanted to deny this, I realized my feelings for him are already grown.

--------★--------

When I was editing this chapter, I was listening to songs and the playlist was on shuffle and while editing the last verse 'don't wanna admit' started playing and now something is happening to me 😭😭 ikn it's not even related to that verse but I'm going crazy 🙃 send help :-|

Thank you for reading ❤️❤️