Chapter 56

"Remember you are going to be my daughter in law?" his mother said and Y/n watched her smiling in disbelief.

"Mom are the cookies ready?" Sohee walked in. "Oh Y/n unnie.." she snapped her out of her thoughts by placing her hand on Y/n's shoulder

"Uh?"

"What are you doing here? Come sit with us in the living room. Hajoon and I are watching television." she smiled and Y/n nodded.

"It's Hajoon oppa for you Sohee." Mrs. Bang corrected.

"He's just two years elder than me unlike Channie oppa. He's is six years elder. Oh..Channie oppa is getting really old." she made fun of him causing Y/n to chuckle.

"Sohee, Chan and I are of same age so are y-"

"No no unnie that's not what I meant. I mean you really look young literally of my age. Channie oppa is handsome just that he's getting older day by day, minute by minute." she laughed.

"Just wait till he gets back. I'm gonna tell him what you were talking about him." her mother said as she removed the freshly baked tray of cookies from the microwave.

"He won't do anything to me. He loves me hehe." she laughed and then turned serious. "Uh..mom Channie oppa is big now right?"

"Yes." Hajoon said entering the kitchen and sitting on the kitchen island beside Sohee.

"Then don't you think he should get married?" she asked.

"Baby ask your Y/n unnie." their mother replied causing Y/n to choke on air. Sohee instantly jumped down the kitchen island and rubbed Y/n's back with Mr. Bang following. After few moments she was back to normal.

"I didn't imagine my words would affect you this much Y/n." she said with a laugh. It resulted Y/n's cheek to flush red. Sohee Hajoon understood a bit of their conversation.

"So Y/n noona what do you think?" Hajoon asked.

"Huh?" Y/n replied.

"About Chan hyung." he teased and her eyes widened. "I mean about his wedding, he should get married soon right?"

"Uh..yeah. It-it's up-upto him." she smiled awkwardly.

"Stop now. Don't bully my Y/n." Chan's mother said and ruffled Y/n's hair. Y/n was not used to such affection. Especially when she said 'my y/n', Y/n recalled her faint memories with her mother. It felt motherly. She loved Chan's family. She wanted one too.

"What happened honey?" Chan's mother asked when she found tears forming in Y/n's eyes.

"I- no-nothing." she replied wiping the tears.

"Y/n..you miss your mother right?" Chan's mother asked.

"I just fe-feel loved right now. I-" before she could finish, Chan's mother hugged her. She patted her back.

"Don't worry dear, I will give you the same love I give to my kids. Y/n you are very strong. Just remember, your parents are happy and proud to have you alright?"

Y/n after hearing this leaned her head on Chan's mothers shoulder. She nodded at her words. Sohee Hajoon joined them too. Chan was going to give her a family.

All of them sat in the living room eating snacks with some tea coffee. Y/n was getting to know more about the Bangs. Chan's mother told her about Chan's childhood and funny memories of him as a kid. It was always him whining for chocolates, tearing his math notebook when he couldn't solve any problem, pouting when he finds the food even slightly spicy, whining about how he couldn't swim on the first day of his swimming class, running around the whole house when his parents used to feed him medicines when he used to be sick, tripping and falling here and there and crying until he get soft kisses on all over his face. Y/n cooed as she imagined the scenes in her mind.