Chapter 51

Chan walked in with Y/n still on his back. Everything was well except Chan. He was internally screaming. The words he spoke with the granny was something he never thought he would talk about anyone. His face was totally red as he entered the house and he started walking towards Y/n's room as she was still sleeping. If only Y/n was awaken few minutes ago, she would be on cloud nine by now.

*flash back*

"Just answer away."

"Me." Chan replied without thinking twice. And when he said this he blushed intensely and froze at his spot. The old lady in front of him smiled knowing Chan maybe feels the same for Y/n.

"I- I mean...to everyone." he said and his ears turned crimson red.

"Huh? But you said for you right?"

"No- I mean yes but along with me, for everyone else." he became fluster.

"Chan are you hiding something?"

"What would I hide?"

"Ask yourself."

"I- no- I..." he was finding words. Y/n who was sleeping, snuggled her face in his back. Chan blushed again. The same fireworks happened in his gut. Chan avoided eyes contact with the granny and they started waking again.

"Chan calm down. Your ears are totally red. Why are you shy?"

"W-what? No-"

"You are struggling right?" she said and Chan snapped his head to look at her.

"With?"

"Yourself. You are confused at a point that your head is spinning right now. You keep away the thoughts and when those cross your mind, you couldn't help but blush. You question yourself, more like convince yourself to stay away from such things. You know the answers but your stubborn heart couldn't accept the feelings. You think it's common when know it's not. You are struggling with this right?"

Chan gulped listening this. He realized that the lady was old enough to tell whatever he was feeling at the moment. Experienced people. As imagined, Chan was feeling every bit of the words that granny spoke. He was confused as hell about him and his feelings. With what happened on the phone call with Heejin, he was loosing hopes for her to return and now if he says that he loves Y/n, it's clearly a rebound thing.

"Chan..!"

"Yeah?"

"What are you thinking?"

"Why asking when you clearly know what I'm thinking?" he said in a low tone.

"You have a thing for her?"

Chan shut his eyes. His heart beat fasten in the rib cage. Y/n?...Chan likes her?

After few moments Chan sighed and slowly nodded. Hearing this the granny's eyes sparkled. She felt happy but Chan was still thinking something.

"Chan-ah, how much are you going to think?"

"I'm still confused granny. Like when she and I first met, we never believed we would meet each other again. Then Y/n by a coincidence, came in my life two days later and right from that day, we started living together. She became my caretaker, I didn't like her first but then we became friends. She was always there when I needed and now she is in this state that she needs help. I am ready to help her but it pains me watching her hurt. Why? I don't know." he sighed. "I always get a weird feeling in my stomach when she smiles, when she scolds me in a caring way, when she says 'Chan-ah don't worry, I won't leave you no matter what', when she said she went alone to meet the guy to keep me safe. She have always protected me. She is strong and I don't know if she loves me or not but me..I don't know either. I just know that something happens to me when she's in front of me. Yes I do have soft corner for her in my heart but I don't know if it's just friendship or something else. "