Chapter 38

"Well you probably know why we called you here right?"

Y/n nodded. "Yes Mrs. Ban-"

"Call us uncle aunt dear." she smiled at Chan's mother.

She was very lovely and beautiful. Her features were beautiful too. Her eyes mainly caught y/n's attention.

'Indeed why Chan have pretty eyes.' y/n thought.

Chan's dad's appearance was a bit cold. He smiled very rarely but he was caring. He was giving off business man vibes more when they were at the office but after exiting the building he became less cold though.

"How's Chan?" his father finally asked what Y/n wanted to hear in these many hours.

"He's doing great." Y/n stated. "...I don't know how to start first though. But whatever I am going to say, I will state facts. No lies nothing because its about Chan's health. Well, I am not his care taker since long, I have been looking after him may be for less than a month or so. At first, trust me I thought of giving up. It was very very very hard. Firstly Chan was cold around me and then his addiction. I failed to prevent him intoxicate himself on the first day itself. He drugged himself and hit his hand with a flower vase. It was a bad sight to be honest. He was in pain but he said it was his punishment."

Hearing this, their parents cringed. Mrs. Bang eyes were watery hearing what his son went through.

"I thought I can't handle this, I won't help him out. But I can't let him live like this. We slowly became friends. I started understanding him and his behaviour. We shared our background stories and stuff. Days passed by and believe me he started improving. He often craved for the pills, he often craved for them but he thought of the promise he made to me. He came up to me whenever he felt even a slightest urge. Then we talk for like hours." Y/n chuckled remember their late night talks.

"And..whenever we used to talk, he just talked about his people. Its you."

Chan's mother sniffed and Y/n continued, "He miss all four of you and her as well."

"He-Heejin?" his father asked.

"Hmm..Go Heejin. Chan never shut about all five of you. He blames himself for not being a good son, brother and a boyfriend. And that's why he try to punish himself in a terrible way. From all the talks Chan and I had, I understood what was trigerring him to drug himself. Its loneliness."

Lump was formed in the throat for all three. Chan's parents never thought of this once. Never ever they thought keeping him alone would affect his mental health this much but they did what was needed at the moment.

"I..I could feel what Chan must be feeling. Its hard to live without your family. I-it's hard. The feeling of being alone is terrible when you need someone badly. Chan felt that too. To easy the pain, I used to convince him telling how he have his parents still with him even though they stayed away from them." she felt tears threatening too. It was a very sensitive topic for her. Her parents. "and you know what? When I use this card on him, he goes all softie. He then try to convince me telling me how my parents are always with me, they are always watching me from above." she laughed a bit and whipped the tear on her cheek.

Chan's mother placed her hand on Y/n's knee when they realized Y/n is an orphan.

"I'm fine aunt. I am actually used to this...I want a favour from both of you."

"What favour?"

"Uncle I want both you and aunty to visit Chan more often from now. Please have a contact with him. It would help him recover soon. He miss both of you. Please treat him the same way you used to yeah? I even tried to call Heejin yesterday but she spat things which are unhealthy to all of us. I wish, Chan would have never met Heejin."