Chapter 31

"Why did you do that?" Chan asked politely wanting the same reaction from the other.

"I just don't want you guys to suffer." she replied still both of them looking away. "Bambam along with those six boys helped me out when I was depressed. I can't see him and others suffering. And you are improving now, I don't want you to fall back in that same pit of hell. I don't care if he would have done anything to me because there are just few people in my life who will cry if something wrong have happened. Before doing anything, people look at the consequences of that action thinking about their family and people they will leave behind but I...I don't have anything to loose or care about how people would react when something happens to me. You already know, I don't belong to anyone Chan. But you have a family Bambam have millions of people looking after him and admiring him. It doesn't matter if I live or di-" before she can finish, she was pulled into a warm embrace.

"It matters Y/n. You matter, your presence matters." these words were enough for her to relax in his arms and wrap hers around him. She leaned her head on his shoulders and hugged him back. She closed her eyes finally able to feel the nostalgic feeling which she was longing for hours. As usual butterflies happened. She was so in love with Chan that just his touch makes her feel safe.

"I know it's hard for you to see people you look after suffer but you are not just anyone. Even if we met just few weeks ago, we already have a bond. You said you won't leave me right?"

"You asked me to leave today."

"That was for your own sake. But for real did he do anything to you?" he said once they parted.

The girl tensed but smiled and shook her head. Chan wasn't buying it but somehow her puppy eyes made him believe her. What was the truth? Only Y/n knows.

"I was worried. I don't want you too to go through that again." he creased her soft locks.

"I understood nothing Chan."

"Hmm let me explain." he took a deap breath before continuing. "As you know, Daehyun is a drug dealer. He was even arrested before but was released from the prison few years ago. He have his underground drugs business. He tries everything to make people invest money with him. It happened with me too. Playing innocent, he tricked me and when things got worse, he refused to leave me alone. He knew about Heejin. When Heejin first found this, she didn't talk to me for two three weeks. When she realized it was all because of Daehyun, she decided to meet him alone without me knowing and ask him to go away from us. She tried to talk out but that guy..." Chan was having trouble in explaining.

The memories flowing down his brain were hard on his heart. Y/n rubbed his back in a comforting manner. It was Chan's time to do that but this was opposite. Again she was able to hide her pain just for him.

"He tried to harm her. He- ev-even tr-tried to dr-drug her however...he failed when I reached there. Daehyun and I fought physically. When we returned home, I was hurt physically but Heejin...she was out of her mind. Anyone could be. I tried to get close to her but she refused to see me. She was so scared at that moment which broke my heart into millions of pieces. She is a faint heart girl. I always protected her but that day I failed." warm tears rolled down his face.

"It was all sorted out when my father called Heejin and her parents to his birthday party. We talked out and buried the incident happened. I told her I will quit drugs. That day my parents happily talked about my future with her. Back then the fact that they didn't know I was a druggie was eating me alive the whole time. They said they would like us to get married in four years. We were more than happy."

"One week from then, Heejin and I met very rarely. My cravings weren't helping. I was missing her and then I drugged myself in my room. My parents were always out for the company work but that day my father caught me red handed. He slapped me and said I don't deserve to be his son Y/n.."

"Chan it's fine please take your time. You don't have to-" Y/n tried convincing the boy breaking down in front of her. She could do nothing but hold his hands and listen to the others story. She was internally hurting watching the boy she's in love with, bawling his eyes out. She couldn't do anything.

However Chan shook his head. "I have to tell this to you Y/n because I don't want that thing to repeat again. My father blabbered words that were pricking my heart. My mother stood shock. I isolated myself from them for few days. Probably they didn't love seeing me around them. That's when my parents appointed me plenty of doctor meetings, therapy sessions and stuff. They asked Heejin to look after me but, she took her final decision. She said she was tired of my addiction, that she can't help me out, she didn't like having her partner as a drug addict. And then she left me. My parents did the same. I was left alone in this big house. I missed them and I still do. I did excessive intoxication for hallucinating about Heejin and my family with me just to realize that, it worsen..." the pain in his heart was revealed with flowing tears and soft sobs. Chan felt helpless again. Y/n hugged him tightly. The boy cried on her shoulder.

"Chan please don't cry. It's okay." she uttered. He listened her and was slowly getting normal.

"Chan look here." she asked and he did. She held him by his shoulders.

"If the world turns back on you, I would turn too...and yell at them saying thank you for leaving because they don't deserve you." she said softly.

"You should just go with them. I am worthless."

"You are invaluable." after listening this Chan hugged her again. He was still degrading himself.

Y/n was already worn out but he was important. Chan was important. That's all she know. The boy wasn't in the state of listening. He was crying hard again. His eyes red with red cheeks. His muscles gave out when he leaned fully on her.

"Chan let's go to your room. You need rest." she said and helped him to his room.

"Y/n stay." said Chan tugging her sweater while she was covering him with a blanket.

"I'm not going anywhere." she replied and sat beside him. He held her hand while closing his eyes and she tighten the grip assuring she won't leave. She stared at the love of her life with lovely and sad eyes. The girl then knew, she is not the only one who suffered from this. Chan's story was beyond her imagination. Knowing that the boy she loves, going through the same pain, the same situation, same fear of people leaving them alone, same trauma of the void left in their lives, she was determined to give him all the happiness he deserve. His happiness was his family and Heejin to stay with him and so she decided to reunite them. The fact of helping Chan with some other girl, hurt her but she know it's Chan's happiness, it's something he is craving more than the powder and pills. Chan is craving for the affection he wants only from the girl he loves. Again Y/n doesn't belong to anyone and no one belongs to her.

—————————★————————

Thunderous Japanese ver is so cool 😍

Thank you for reading ❤️