Chapter 21

"Welcome dear. What would you like to have?" a middle aged woman who must be working on this van asked.

Chan turned towards me.

"Choco taco." I simply answered my favourite one.

"Then it's a King cone for me." he said and gave the order.

It didn't take long and the lady handed us our ice creams.

Chan thanked her after paying.

"Thanks for visiting, lovely couple."

My eyes widened. I have just known about such things when people misunderstands you and someone as couples but now I am in this state where I am hearing this? Obviously it made me flustered and Chan was busily giggling at my face. I hit his left arm slightly.

"We aren't a couple ma'am." I corrected.

"Yes we are just friends." Chan added.

Ouch.

"Sorry my bad. But you two look good together." she quickly apologized.

'Again it's unbelievable. Am I in some kind of a kdrama or movie right now?'

We just smiled. Chan did or didn't I don't know because of his mask. We decided to sit on the bench near the van.

"Shoot. I need to remove the mask now." he whined and I laughed.

"It's ok there aren't many people here." I assured after looking around and there were very few people. Most of them looked like a couple. No wonder why the lady misunderstood us one of them.

We started eating. He's eating with his left hand of course.

"Ahh I missed this." I said after biting on the taco.

"Eating this?" Chan asked.

"Hmm...its my favourite. Eating choco taco on an ice-cream van is more fun than else where and the last time I ate this on an ice cream truck was a very very long time ago." I paused. "With my parents. We enjoyed eating ice creams on ice cream vans." I recollected all the good memories of my parents and me.

"You miss them."

"A lot. They were my everything and the day I lost them, I lost my world."

He gave me a sad smile. "It's fine. We should move on."

Look who's saying this...

"Actually I also have few memories here."

"Oh you do?"

"Yep. Heejin and I used to come here very often. She also loved going here. But you see when all that happened, she refused to go out with me anywhere."

I could hear Chan's rants for hours but not about him and her. Why? Because I hate her a lot!! But then we don't need toxic people in our life right?

"Ahh what's with this mood?" he suddenly changed the tone of speaking from serious to silly.

"Exactly. We are here for fun. Aish let's not mention our past and stuffs." I added.

"Next time we should take Bam with us." he suggested.

"What? Then I have to handle two guys with masks? People will think I am being kidnapped." I said which caused us to laugh our asses off.

"You're funny."

"I know." I sassily said and again he started laughing. It's easy to make him laugh and I am happy that I could do that.

Once we finished we threw the wrappers in the dustbin provided and decided to go home. As I was turning, I felt someone's presence behind the tree. It was dark so I couldn't see anything clearly.