Chapter 34

"Woah Y/n you saw that?! You heard what she said right? She said I can get well soonest!" said Chan happily when they returned back to his house.

"Yes yes I heard everything Chan. See I told you it won't be something that you imagined before." she said and took out water from fridge.

"Thank you so much!" he shrieked.

Chan was literally a kid. He always get happy over small things and now when he know that not all people are same, not all of them hates him, he was on cloud nine. He was finally believing that he would be living a happy life ahead. The whole walk back to his house, he couldn't help but keep smiling. Y/n often glanced at him, smiling along. How much she loves him getting all happy.

"Ok I think you should rest now Chan. Enough with the work and hang out. Come on get up and run to your bed."

"Ahhhh why? I'm not a baby! Let's watch some movies or something." as usual Chan whined.

"Nah no way. I'm not listening you and first of all have you forgotten something?"

"I did?" the confused guy asked.

"How can you forget this Chan? What are you doing all the over work for? Why do you keep typing on your laptop day and night?"

Realization hits him like a truck. "Shoot y/n... I have to go to office.... tomorrow?!"

"Well yes Mr. Bang Christopher Chan." she said and bowed slightly.

"Ahhh Miss. Jung Y/n I am nervous now!" he freaked out.

She laughed at his words. He was nervous but still called her in a formal way. Seems like it's their inside joke now.

"I knew this. See I will be coming with you right? So don't worry and you need to sleep now so that you won't look like a zombie in the meeting."

"Hey hey come on. But-"

"No buts no nothing. We can practice your presentation in the evening. So..for now just get up and lie on your bed. Get up on the count of three."

"Y/n-"

"One.."

"Ahhh why???"

"Two.."

"Fine!" he said while pouting and turned around. He stomped his feet while walking to his room.

Y/n cooed at his actions. She is friendly with Chan but not when it comes to his health. The care taker soul in her, triggers when she feels the need to keep the other safe and healthy. She never thought she would get this strict and at the same time soft for someone. For her Chan was like a little bean which she always wished to carry safe in her pocket.

It was the perfect time now. She assured first that chan was sleeping and he really was. She carefully walked to the living room not wanting to make any noise. Once she reaches there, she sat at the corner beside the back yards sliding glass door as always. She stared at her phone and took a deep breath before dialing it. In every ring, her heart was pounding crazily. And...

"Hello?"

"Am I talking to Go Heejin?" she asked fiddling with the hem of the tshirt she was wearing.

"Oh yes it's me. May I ask who is this?"

"I'm..Jung Y/n."

"Okay..."

"I-I want to talk to you about something..Can I get some time of yours?"

"Umm yes I guess?"

"Great. Well it's a bit personal and I didn't want to interfere in it but now that's a need.."

"I can't understand you."

"Bang Chan." she said a bit hesitant.

It was a good amount of silence. The tension and atmosphere in both of them became thick.

"Hel-"

"I think I should hang up." Heejin answered. Y/n frowned at the ignorance the other girl was giving to Chan.

"No please don't. I just want you to know that....he miss you a lot." she said. Internally she was being pricked by several feelings of her which she was holding back. She didn't want Heejin to return first but Chan, he was still in love with her and Y/n somehow felt its better if she comes back. At least Chan will be happy.

"But I don't. I don't even know why he asked you to-"

"No you're wrong. He asked no one. He don't even know that I have called you."

"I cleared it on the day I left that I don't want anyone to contact me and tell me how much that druggie miss me or want me back."

The anger Y/n was holding suddenly raised when she heard the word she hated when people use for Chan. A druggie.

"Hold up. What did you say? That what?"

"That druggie!"

Y/n rolled her eyes. "Shut up if you don't know anyth-"

"Then suddenly he stop taking drugs?" she emphasized on the word 'drugs'.

"He's improving."

"I see. But first of all who the fuck are you to him? Like even Bambam didn't approach me when I left and you?  Chan moved on from me? Ohh you must be one of the several whores who are behind that rich guy." she spat.

"Whore?" Y/n chuckled. "Hey I'm not a mirror okay? Don't reflect yourself. And why do you want to know who am I to him? You care? Hell no. You didn't care when you left your boyfriend who was with you since eight years. Did you care how must he be feeling? He's crying rivers for you. Oh how much I want to tell him he's wasting his tears over a bitch."

"Mind your words."

"What if I don't?! You started it first. I was speaking really politely but no you wanted to call Chan names that I hate the most."

"What do you want?"

"I want you to come back again." she calmed herself down. "See I know its wrong of me to poke my nose in your business but I have seen Chan's love for you. He's trying and he's succeeding too..just come back. Meet him just once and clear everything. I bet after seeing this side of Chan, you won't leave him again. In fact it's the same Chan from before, just this one desperately needs you and only you not the drugs." she added all proud of Chan. At the end her voice almost cracked.

"As if I care. I have gone through a lot because of him. That Daehyun guy almost drugged me and Chan? He's grown up now. He shouldn't need someone to look after him. At first I agreed because his parents wanted me and they planned about our bright future. He just crushed it."

"I know it must be hard bu- one second...what? He crushed it? You mean you care about your future more than Chan?" Y/n widen her eyes.

"Isn't it obvious? We should be selfish in this case girl..." Heejin chuckled.

Y/n scoffed. She wasn't believing what the girl was speaking. Those words, if Chan hear them, he would break down into pieces.

"Do you like him or something? Let me tell you, your life will be shit okay? Even if we don't know each other, I will give you a suggestion to keep a distance from him. He will make you experience hell. And then too if you want him, go ahead Chan wi-"

"You mother fucking  shit." Y/n hang up.

—————————★————————

HWANG HYUNJIN IN SHORT HAIR YALL!!! 😭😭
It give some kind of nostalgic feeling..I feel like I've jumped in Levanter era 🥺
Mixed feeling about his hair. But i love short hair Hyun.. He looks more cute 🥺❤️

Thankyou for reading 💕