Chapter 50

"What do you think you are doing?"

Chan turned back to look at the source of the voice. His eyes widened.

"Should I call the owner and tell him how you talk to your customers huh?" she said.

It was the granny who met Chan and Y/n the other day in the park. She walked towards them with her stick in one hand and other hand on her waist. Chan was still quite watching her.

"I- no don't call the owner. I'm sorry." the guy said and bowed.

"You didn't say anything to me so why are you apologizing to me? Come on say sorry to Chan right now." She said sternly.

"Bu-"

"Should I call the owner!?"

The guy sighed. "I'm sorry." he said.

"No- it-it's fine." Chan replied.

"See what a nice guy he is. He forgave you this easily and what you did is say nonsense things to him. Dare you talk to people like that again I won't hesitate to expose you to the shop's owner." she said in a very serious tone.

Chan watched her in awe as he saw her different side. She was polite that day and now her outburst was something Chan didn't expect.

"Can y-you gi-give me the painkillers?" Chan asked again in soft tone.

"Uh..yeah. One minute." the worker said.

"And few chocolates too please." Chan added and the worker nodded. The guy was terrified by the granny. He left to fetch the things leaving Chan, Y/n and the granny there.

"Oh Chan how are you?" she asked and smiled.

"I'm fine. How are you?" he smiled back.

"I'm fine too. And Y/n? Is she sleeping on your back?" she asked in anticipation.

"Umm..yeah. She was tired so I asked her to sleep on my back."

"Hmm..I see." she nodded.

"What about you? What are you doing here?"

"I was with my grandson as always and then my son and his wife picked him up and went for dinner outside. When I was going back to the house I saw you here so I came to say hello."

"Granny what about you? You didn't go with them?"

"They didn't take me with them." she said smiling sadly. Chan understood the situation and didn't wish to talk further about it.

The worker returned with painkillers and chocolate bars. He put the things in a bag and extended his hand to give that to Chan. Chan was confused to how to take the bag as he was holding Y/n.

"Oh..let me help you." the granny said and took the bag with her. Chan nodded and somehow managed to take out money from his pocket. After paying, three of them left the pharmacy. As they live in a same lane, they walked together. Of course they were walking very slowly. The woman was old and Chan was carrying Y/n on his back. He was tired and carrying someone even if she was light, made him a bit exhausted.

"Chan is something wrong?" the granny said when she saw Chan's and Y/n's swollen eyes. Y/n did cover her face but as she was sleeping, the hood revealed her face.

"Nah, everything is fine. Why would you think that?" he said and to cover the lie he laughed out.

"Uh I see who is lying. Chan-ah if you don't want to share its totally fine but remember, gloomy clouds don't last long hmm?" she said.

"Don't get it wrong. I'm not lying." Chan pouted. "And thank you for earlier."

"You're most welcome honey. Well I just did what I should. If Y/n was awake she would be still hissing at the worker right?" she said which caused both of the to laugh.

"You are right. She is protective." Chan giggled. He somehow felt to tell the granny everything. He don't know how but he really needed to let out. Also she was very kind that day and today too so why not?

"Uh..granny," he called.

"Yes?"

"You were right, something happened." he said and with this he explained everything to her. The old woman just listened to his words in disbelief. She was never expecting this dark story about them. Well who ever did? She felt bad for both of them. And...she already understood why Y/n hide that and fought alone. She like Chan of course. The granny now wanted to know what Chan feels about Y/n and so,

"Chan-ah, why do you think Y/n lied to you?"

"She didn't want me to tell her to go away or leave me alone." he replied.

"Then why did you ask her to leave first?"

"It was for her own sake."

"Then what happened now? Why didn't you ask her to go leave now?"

"Because now I want to keep her safe by myself, to protect her just how she did, to help her out, to...payback."

"Payback? Think about this word again Chan. To payback seems as if you are returning the favours, you aren't are you?"

"No no that's not what I mean, I mean I want to give her the same care and protection she gave me. To do everything she did to me." he corrected her.

The granny smiled. "Then why do you think Y/n took so much care of you?"

"Because she's a caretaker? I mean that too and because she's my friend..?"

"Friend? The friend who went beyond her own will, to keep the pain to herself, to keep the harsh truth to herself..just to be with you?

"What do you mean granny?" he asked looking at her.

"Why are you so dense Chan?" she chuckled.

"Why?" he whined not understanding a single word.

"Do you think friends like that exist? I mean they do exist but friends just for one month can go this far?"

Her words were really impermeable to Chan's brain. He still had a confusion look on his face. He then tried to think about each and every word that granny said. He went in a deep thought. And then...like a spark happening in his head, he started understanding things. He blushed at every thought that passed through his mind.

'Y/n perhaps..likes me?' he thought.

"Chan..?" the granny shook his shoulder slightly to snap him back.

"Uh yeah?"

"Do you sleep with your eyes open?"

Chan's eyes lit up when he heard this. "You know this is what Y/n have said to me before." he giggled.

"I see you remember her minute things huh?" she wiggled her eyebrows. "Then Chan as you said you have to do everything she did to you, so will you do things to satisfy yourself that you are just returning the same care she gave you or will you do things which will make her happy and contented?

"Okay the words you said are confusing but I understood it." he chuckled. "But obviously things which will make her happy, which will make her smile, which will keep her safe and comfortable. I want to make her the happiest person she's been till now." he said proudly.

"Why?"

"Her happiness matters."

Her final move, "To?"

"Geez why are you asking too many questions?" Chan pouted and she laughed.

"Just answer away."

"Me."

---------★--------

SCARS!! OMG!!!
Why is that song so beautiful?!! Like seriously??! That MV!! And they released this on Hellevator's anniversary ahhh😭😭😭😩❤️

You are lying if you say Kim Seungmin didn't wreck you!!
Dance racha's part in the break!!
Han Jisung with a neck tattoo!!!

Hsjsksksks *simping to the moon and back*

Thank you for reading ❤️