Chapter 22: Checkmate

Kiyotaka POV

Its finally the day of the paper shuffle. We were required atleast 720 points on this exam which was easy for me. 

This means that Horikita and Kushida's fates will be decided today as well.

As I walked down the corridor on the way to the classroom, I met up with Satō who appeared to be waiting for someone. 

For better or worse, the person she was waiting for appeared to be me, as she came close when she saw me. 

Sato: "Good morning, Ayanokōji-kun. The exam is just around the corner."

Kiyo: "Aah. Did you sleep well last night?"

Sato: "I went to bed after studying til one o'clock, but I'm starting to feel a little nervous."

Kiyo: "lets just do our best."

Sato: "yeah right, you will just score all 100 right?"

Kiyo: "or would you rather I score all 69 again? so you'll try harder"

Sato: "no matter how many score you want to get, I'll always do my best. I don't want to be a burden."

Kiyo: "I see."

She clearly has a good spirit. If any other people were paired with me, I'll doubt they'll even study. They'll just left everything to me. While knowing I will get high marks to save myself

Kiyo: "lets go."

Sato: "yes"

With that, I entered the classroom with Sato and immediately takes my seat

Tatsuya: "yo"

Kiyo: "you're early"

Tatsuya: "what's so wrong with that."

Kiyo: "I see."

Tatsuya: "hey.."

Kiyo: "what?"

Tatsuya: "wanna compete?"

huh?

Kiyo: "you know we'll just tie our scores. There is no point in doing that."

Tatsuya: "is that so? then lets just compete on who's faster. Will all of our knowledge of course"

Kiyo: "that will attract a lot of attention you know"

Tatsuya: "everyone already knows about our grades. How about we mess up a little? we rarely compete like this after all."

Kiyo: "fine then. I guess having a life that's too peaceful can be quite boring."

Tatsuya: "that's the spirit" 

After quite some time, Horikita arrived on the classroom

Kiyo: "you look excited"

Suzune: "is that so? I guess that's what you call a thrill for battle"

Kiyo: "do your best then. Don't forget to score 100 in maths."

Suzune: "its my intention."

Akito: "good morning Tatsuya, Kiyotaka, Horikita" Said Akito while taking his seat beside Tatsuya

Tatsuya: "morning"

Kiyo: "morning"

Suzune: "good morning."

shortly after, Chabasira sensei entered the classroom with a lot of papers on her hand

Chabs: "good morning students. You guys are quite tense today"