Chapter 36: Defeat? or Victory?

Kiyotaka POV

I headed over to the special building and went to the designated location for the commanders. There, Sakayanagi and Ichinose, who had arrived before me, were engaged in idle chatter with each other. From the looks of it, we weren't allowed to enter the multipurpose room yet.

Honami: "Good morning to you, Ayanokōji-kun."
Arisu: "Mornin', Ayanokōji-kun."

Kiyo: "Good morning. Kaneda isn't here?"

Arisu: "Hm, I don't know. He doesn't show any sign of returning."

Strange. What is class C doing by delaying Kaneda's arrival. Even I was already late by coming at this time.

It can't be.

Yes. Its the right timing. If HE wanted to make his return.

Arisu: "At any rate, you sure are lucky, Ichinose-san."

Honami: "Eh? Lucky?"

Arisu: "As they are now, Class C is no different than an infant. Their chances of beating your class are pretty much nonexistent. All you have to do now is to see just how many wins you can pile up. If you win seven events in a row, Class B might even change places with Class A. That is, depending on how Class A performs."

Kiyo: "I wouldn't think so."

Arisu: "Why is that, Ayanokoji kun?"

Kiyo: "There is no guarantee Ichinose could win easily against Ryuuen."

Honami: "Ryuuen kun?"

Arisu: "You mean that retired skinny dude? what's he gonna do? fufufu."

???: "Oh you hurt me, loli. Kukuku..."

All the 3 of us immediately looked at the source of the voice.

Honami: "...Ryūen-kun? Why... Why are you here...?"

As I thought. He's making his return now.

Ryuuen: "Substituting. That fuckin Kaneda have a literal diarehha today. And since this exam needs a commander, it would be fitting for me. Since I can finally get expelled when my class loses." Ryuuen said confidently.

Honami: "Even so, I never even considered that you might show up, Ryūen-kun."

Ryuuen: "Well, duh? Considering the type of person you are, Ichinose, even if you broke out in a fever or got yourself injured, you'd come crawling here on your hands and knees to prevent your classmates from having to risk getting expelled."

Kiyo: "Lets go. Time is running out." I said as I don't want to engage any single conversation with him.

I begin to walk to the multipurpose room. Followed by Sakayanagi.

Ichinose who's afraid to get left behind immediately raised her pace follows us. And Ryuuen just laughs while walking casually.

Mashima: "Those from Class B and Class C, please move over there."

Per Mashima-sensei's instructions, the two of them disappeared to the other side of the partitioning wall with Chabashira following behind them.

The facilitators for Class A and Class D were Class C's Sakagami-sensei and Class B's Hoshinomiya-sensei.

Sakagami: "The test will start in five minutes. Take this time to compose yourselves while you can."

Leaving us with this piece of advice, Hoshinomiya-sensei then took Sakagami-sensei aside to have what seemed to be one final talk about the preparations for the exam.