Chapter 49: Island Exam 2(IV)

Lina POV

Its been a while since Karuizawa Kei's group left and now Sudo etc are cleaning the mess.

Meanwhile, Kiyotaka...doesn't look so good.

He looks....sad. 

Its not like I'm worried about him or anything but....

Watching him like that leaves a bad taste on my mouth.

Lina: "Hey."

Kiyo: "What is it?" his voice lacks energy. I mean, he's usually very gloomy but....this time its even worse than that.

Lina: "What happened?"

Kiyo: "No. Its nothing. I'm fine.."

Lina: "That's what they said when they're not fine at all."

Kiyo: "I told you I'm fine. Don't bother okay? you have to focus yourself."

Well. It seems he doesn't want to open up to me.

I shouldn't force him.

Lina: "I see...."

I went back to my seat.

Something must have happened on the forest when he's collecting firewood.

But what, exactly?

I shouldn't pry any further.

Sudo: "Oi! Guys! come here! its an emergency!"

What now?

I have a bad feeling about this.

Kiyotaka POV

After we all gathered around to Sudo, we saw another student with him. It was Komiya. Who's badly injured.

Sudo: "What the hell happened to you, Komiya!?"

Komiya: "I-I don't know... it just happened out of nowhere. I suddenly felt something strike my calf and the next thing I knew I was rolling down the slope... Agh...!"

His face twisted in pain as he once again tried to move his leg.

Hondo: "Your calf was hit by something?"

Komiya: "M-maybe? I don't really remember very well... Sorry."

He's messed up.

Komiya: "That's right...! Satsuki, where's Satsuki!? Did she fall too!?"

Enduring the pain as his memories came flooding back to him, Komiya cried out Shinohara's name through gritted teeth. Ike's expression darkened when he heard Komiya call Shinohara by her given name, but he knew that this was no time to be upset over something so trivial.

Ike: "Shinohara is missing!? Were you guys not moving together!?"

Knowing that his crush was not visible, Ike asked Komiya with his voice raised.

Komiya: "Satsuki was─ Agh...!!"

His left leg seemed to hurt so badly that it was difficult for him to keep talking properly.

Ike: "Komiya, where's Shinohara!?"

Ike shouted out a question of his own. Naturally, he was far more concerned about Komiya's group than the rest of us.

In fact, his inability to contain himself was so obvious that Komiya probably took note of it as well.

Komiya: "...I don't know... We... We were trying to move quickly..."

Ike: "Damn it all!" 

Ike, who's totally not calm at all, rushed inside the forest.

But before he did anything stupid, I stopped him.