4.

Her.

2 weeks ticked by so nicely and peacefully. 

Elio and Francesca are very well, we manage just fine with quadruplets and little twins and look after our eldest kids perfectly. I came back to my pre-pregnancy shape quickly, my skin is in great condition. 

Currently it is Wednesday, 4PM, October 19th.

I am interviewing new chef as our last one moved to his hometown - Venice - due to family reason: his wife gave birth to their 4th child, they wanted to live in a bigger house and settle at home permanently and since both of them were born in Venice, they decided to came back. Leonardo and I understood him utterly, letting him go without any problems. 

"I bambini hanno le loro piccole antipatie per quanto riguarda melone, cetrioli e cavolfiori, quindi per favore, non aggiungerli in nessun piatto."- I told chef Ricky politely and he nodded, noting that down. (Kids have their tiny dislikes regarding melon, cucumbers and cauliflower, so please, don't add them into any dishes.)

Chef Ricky is highly liked to be hired: flawless recommendations and resume, good experience, specialisation in all types of cuisine; no bad habits that might influence our bambinos in any way, clear background, no crime records. He will now make lunch to show what he is actually capable of. 

He got to work and I left the kitchen, sighing as twins cried again, worrying me more and more with every second passing by. 

Elio and Francesca have been crying all day, waking me up at 4 in the morning. I cannot calm them down for longer than an hour. They are perfectly healthy, they are not hungry, they do not need changing, they are freshly bathed, it is warm in the house, it is not humid. 

I went to their nursery and rocked their crib again, then held them in my arms, cooed them, rubbed their backs and bellies. 

"Non piangete, mie preziosità, per favore."- I pleaded shakily, unable to control my own tears any longer. (Don't cry, my preciousnesses, please.) 

I kissed their cheeks, rocking them, but in vain. 

I glanced at the clock desperately, needing Leo right now. He was in Rome on exceedingly urgent business for 2 days and he is coming back today in mere minutes, but God, it feels like hours.

Him.

I entered the house, smiling as my precious babies hugged me immediately, being thrilled to have me back. 

"Where is your mum, ragazzi?"- I wondered, rolling sleeves of my shirt up. 

"With Eli and Fran. They have been giving mamma very hard time."- said Tini in worry and I nodded, kissing her forehead. 

Kids went to finish watching the movie since dinner will be ready soon and I went to the nursery, worrying about my wife and our babies. I know that they have been hard to calm down today, Cami and I FaceTimed each other twice. 

"Amore mio."- I said in concern, seeing how bloodshot red her gorgeous, glimmering, soft green eyes are. 

Twins are crying, she is clearly beyond exhausted, upset and stressed. 

"Go to our room, la mia bellezza. I will take care of them. I will come to you soon, sì?"- I stated lovingly, kissing her plump, full, luscious, rosy lips gently. 

She nodded and I took twins, laying loving kiss on her forehead. 

"Shh, calmatevi, miei piccoli tesori."- I cooed Elio and Francesca, rocking them, and they slowly calmed down, sobbing less and less. (Shh, calm down, my little treasures.)