31.

Her.

4 days in the hospital in Tokyo were a blur. Those 2 weeks and 4 days are finally behind us.

I don't want to think about anything right now: I had way too many things on my mind those days, I overthought too much, I worked too much, I didn't sleep, I barely ate and I was sick more than ever. 

Entire flight home Leo slept, my heart mending as I cuddled him close to myself, kissed his cheek gently every 5 minutes and played with his satiny, midnight black hair.

Finally, we are home. Bambini will be here tomorrow in the evening, so today it is all about us. 

We spent the day with our twins until it was 7 PM - their bedtime. We had dinner, had a cosy bubble bath together and dressed for bed, wanting to just cuddle and just kiss, needing that innocent tenderness more than words can tell.

I slipped into my silk, white pyjamas - crop top and shorts - and smiled softly, nibbling my bottom lips as I admired something I cannot wait for my beloved husband to see. I applied hand cream and took valuable things before exiting my closet, smiling as Leo hugged me from behind, utterly oblivious to the upcoming news. 

"Hot chocolate, angel?"- suggested my husband, kissing my neck, shoulders and cheek, making my heart flutter and race. 

"Sì, per favore."- I murmured with a smile, gently laying my hand on his muscled forearm,  caressing it dotingly. 

We went downstairs contentedly, reaching the kitchen soon. I idled at the doorway, unable to prevent my eyes from watering while watching Leo enter our beautiful, bright, spacious kitchen, having no idea that something very special, very wanted awaits him.

Him.

I glanced at the box in the middle of the island, not recalling either of us leaving it here before.

Seemingly plain box: square, white with small, colourful confetti printed on it. 

But fuck, once I opened it, my world turned upside-down. 

Such a small sentence - "La mamma non vuole essere l'unica con la pancia, quindi, papà, mangia." - is written down on the inner side of the lid as dozen pink and blue doughnuts are decorated with tiny drawings: crib, toys and hearts. (Mummy doesn't want to be the only one with a belly, so, daddy, eat up.)

I glanced at Cami, my heart skipping beats as her tiny hands held ultrasound pictures and a positive pregnancy test.

I dashed to my wife, wrapping her in my arms tightly, kissing her adoringly as she cried in my embrace, holding me securely and close. 

"You are pregnant."- I spoke profoundly, excitedly, feeling on a cloud nine and way better than that, and kissed away her tears as my own rushed down my cheek. 

"We are having twins, amore."- murmured Cami with a smile, causing me to grin like a madman as I hugged her tightly, unable to express my joy at this point. 

Twins. 

My wife is bearing our two little babies, someone so wanted and so loved. 

Dio, this is the best news to get after the hell we were put through.

I just...Fuck.

Her.

His delight coloured the passionate, loving kisses that we shared, our tears fusing in one as we hugged, relishing in our ecstasy, unable to say a word. 

Not like we needed to say anything. 

He is over the moon, he is so happy and excited and it showed: the way he got on his knees and immediately kissed and caressed my baby bump, the way he professed his love for me and our children, the way he hugged me and kissed me - all of it is far better than any verbal reaction. 

"How far gone are you, bambina?"- asked Leo with the cutest smile, glowing and beaming while gazing at my small belly, his large, warm hand resting on it. 

"This week will be 3 weeks."- I spoke softly with a bright smile, melting and sobbing as he kissed me so-so tenderly, hugging me protectively and sweetly. 

"It was so hard without you."- I professed, letting all tears out, at last, breaking down in ways I didn't allow myself before. 

Him.

My heart and soul ached as my wife told me how fucking hard it was for her, everything in me tightening more and more as I realised that she was not only handling Mafia - she was doing it when pregnant with our small babies.

"I am also very emotional, I am very hungry so often, but I couldn't stomach anything before and it made me so sad and I missed you very much and I miss our babies and I want to cuddle."- spoke my beloved, sobbing cutely and quietly as I smiled, kissing her forehead adoringly. 

"I promise to be by your side, baby girl, shh. I will take care of you and our children, you are not in this alone anymore, principessa. I got you and I got our bambini, always and forever, mia piccola."- I stated calmly with a content smile, wiping away her tears, chuckling at how my words just made her cry more. 

"I am hungry."- murmured Cami adorably through tears, hugging me very-very securely, afraid to let go. 

"What would you like, mio amato tesoro? Pasta Carbonara? Lasagna? Waffles?"- I asked in care, kissing her cute, button nose. 

"Waffles. A lot. With cherry ice cream and caramel drizzle."- said my love with a smile, batting her beautiful lashes at me, making me happier with each second passing by. 

"Deal, baby."- I responded, not minding a bit weird combination, and kissed her plump, honeyed, sugary lips.

Her.

Never thought I'd be eating, crying and smiling, all while being cuddled and soothed by my husband.

"You know, we will have little Libra or little Scorpio twins."- said Leo warmly, cuddling me and caressing my baby bump, which is so small, fits in his big palms so-so perfectly. 

"I think, we will have another Libra in the house."- I spoke happily, blinking away the rest of the tears, smiling brighter as my beloved man kissed me passionately and tenderly, soothing me down lovingly. 

"I want to take you and bambini out tomorrow, more mi. Just us and some nice, tranquil place. Maybe a little cruise for the weekend."- said Leo lovingly, pecking my lips gently and intimately, pushing my emotions over the edge again. 

I sobbed again, but this time only because of happiness. 

Much yearned for happiness. 

"I'd love it so much."- I murmured against his plump lips, kissing him devotedly. 

"I think, I will be unbearably emotional for the next 9 months."- I spoke with a giggle as my love smiled at me, pecking my cheeks fondly. 

"Then you will be the cutest, the sexiest, the most stunning emotional pregnant queen of mine and I will do everything I can to make the pregnancy comfortable for you and our tiny Russo beans."- stated meaningfully my husband, kissing my palm as I cupped his cheek, kissing him affectionately, feeling so-so safe here and now. 

But I am not letting down my guard just yet. 

I want to make the bastard pay for what he put my husband, my children and me through. I want him to die from my bullet and only after that I will drop my guard and become the Cami I was before, only a bit more badass and with a bit more steely nerves.